What's your lowest point as a supporter since 2013?

Untd55

I wouldn't say low, but I think this is the least interested I have been in watching Manchester United. There is just nothing interesting about the transfer window or the team. Can't work up any enthusiasm.

I will probably watch the Chelsea game, but I can't think it will be anything but poor.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Some of you are so emotional today :lol:

There have been plenty of really low lows in past 6 years, having a bad transfer window isn't one of them. If the season unravels quick and fast then by all means cry but not on deadline day!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I wouldn't say low, but I think this is the least interested I have been in watching Manchester United. There is just nothing interesting about the transfer window or the team. Can't work up any enthusiasm.

I will probably watch the Chelsea game, but I can't think it will be anything but poor.
There is plenty interesting about us. Actually far more than at any point in the last 18 months at the very least.

Are you seriously saying that players like Wan Bissaka, tuanzebe, Maguire, pogba, garner, mctominay, rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, James etc aren't reasons to be interested in the season? Who so much youth progresses and adapts? Arguably the best crop of young players we've had in 20+ years? Finally sorting out our defence and having a clear back 4, with homegrown players all throughout the first team, and potential world class ones making the step up?

This club just isnt for you if you have no interest in that, because every United fan should have loads of excitement at the thought of that. There are obvious things to be concerned about, nobody is pretending otherwise, but so many reasons to be excited and to look at the season with interest and cause for optimism in the future seasons.

And this applies for everyone saying "today". We spent £140m and massively fixed our defence, and got rid of an expensive forward who many wouldnt have the balls to get rid of with a view to give plenty of chances to the exceptional young players we have. It's fine to have reservations and concerns, but if you arent excited at the same time, then you value the wrong things as a United supporter.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Probably the least optimistic/negative i've felt going into the season.

Doesn't help that we have a tough opening fixture either... could have done with playing Bournemouth at home or something.

ParksLife81

I still think we have a good side, it's a sad end to the transfer window which was positive a few weeks back.
I was more depressed at the end of the Jose era, the football was far worse.

vidic blood & sand

Around Christmas 1989 was really awful. Also losing to Liverpool at the end of the 91/92 season, just missing out on winning the title.
Since then I'd say, watching united play really boring under Van Gaal. That was awful.

fergosaurus

Doesn't help that we have a tough opening fixture either... could have done with playing Bournemouth at home or something.
Wolves away after Chelsea, could get ugly fast.

fps

I'm surprised, I'm so much more into this season than last. Will the young strikers step up? Is the defence finally sorted? What about those youth players, how much will they play, are they ready? I prefer seeing Solskjaer's face in the touchline than Mourinho's. Lots to discover this season.

SER19

Now is pretty low. Just a 3 month lull since that Cardiff game. A huge transfer window that much was promised, very little delivered. No ambition coming from club.a day before the start of a season and to be honest I couldn't care if it was another 3 months. We're being absolutely fleeced as fans.

Tango80

Some of you are so emotional today :lol:

There have been plenty of really low lows in past 6 years, having a bad transfer window isn't one of them. If the season unravels quick and fast then by all means cry but not on deadline day!
This is not a bad transfer window...

mancan92

The lowest was the end of last season. I didn't even watch the last 6 games it was making me too sad on the weekends.

Now is the least optimistic ive felt about a season ever.

JoaquinJoaquin

Wolves away in Game 2 aswell looks like a defeat.

JoaquinJoaquin

Now is pretty low. Just a 3 month lull since that Cardiff game. A huge transfer window that much was promised, very little delivered. No ambition coming from club.a day before the start of a season and to be honest I couldn't care if it was another 3 months. We're being absolutely fleeced as fans.
I've went from being kind of optimistic after the first few games of pre-season to actually dreading this season now.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Today is my lowest point because of the realization that we are not going to compete this season. We are going to war against the likes of wolves and Everton and have waived the white flag to trams like Liverpool and city.
Moyes took over a Premier League-winning team and messed it up, but it was still a premier league winning team so hopes rested with LVG. When LVG failed (despite a cup win) we ended up with Jose who on paper was still one of the best managers in the world.

Now we have Ole, someone whom the board must be delighted with, will be an easy scapegoat when things go south and we end up with another new manager who will attempt yet another rebuild.

today is the worst day because it's now clear to me that the issue is not with the managers, its the owners and board. This won't change any time soon and in the meantime, Liverpool will likely knock us off our perch.

AminoAlex

Moyes taking the players to a public park to practice corners and set pieces

NinjaFletch

It really really isn't.
It's been crap. We've stripped the squad of all depth (apart from, bizarrely, at centre back were we've inexplicably kept hold of basically everyone), we've not addressed any of the problems at centre mid or right wing, and we've created two more problems at centre mid and up top.

We've got a right back, a centre back, and a championship winger who plays left wing. Two of those were needed, and James might go on to prove a success (let's hope) but so much more was needing to be done too.

We might still go on to have a decent season, who knows, but even if we do it will have had little to do with the clubs baffling approach to this window.

Tango80

It's been crap. We've stripped the squad of all depth (apart from, bizarrely, at centre back were we've inexplicably kept hold of basically everyone), we've not addressed any of the problems at centre mid or right wing, and we've created two more problems at centre mid and up top.

We've got a right back, a centre back, and a championship winger who plays left wing. Two of those were needed, and James might go on to prove a success (let's hope) but so much more was needing to be done too.

We might still go on to have a decent season, who knows, but even if we do it will have had little to do with the clubs baffling approach to this window.
You can't do too much too soon though. Another midfielder would have been perfect yes, but of the only player we were remotely interested in, Newcastle slapped a 50mil price tag on him. Sometimes you have to wait for a few windows to get a player you really want.

We've been trying quick fixes for ages and it's not worked, so we know rebuildings not an overnight thing. Now people moan that we haven't bought in more than 3 players in a window. I just don't get it.

Bring in 2-3 players at a time, reassess in the next window, rinse and repeat. That's how you rebuild.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The lowest was the end of last season. I didn't even watch the last 6 games it was making me too sad on the weekends.

Now is the least optimistic ive felt about a season ever.
I felt less optimistic before last season TBF. The pre-season was abysmal, and the mood in the squad was toxic. We were starting the new season with Young at right back, and Smalling and Jones as CBs. At least we are now on the back of a good season from Lindelof, and we have Maguire, and AWB to add.

I do agree that after the initial elation of signing Maguire and thinking things would be different this summer, it is baffling that the club haven't signed an attacking or creative player.

I just console myself that we will see plenty of minutes for Greenwood, and hopefully Gomes.

That said, there are definitely some rough times ahead.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Last season during the period leading to Mourinho being sacked. That was when I realised that our problems are much bigger than just changing the manager. Our club structure will never change unless Woodward is sacked or the Glazers sell the club and we will remain in this incompetent state until then.

Josep Dowling

Being completely serious, today. Absolute proof the Glazers has no ambition. We are well and truly fecked.

No midfield at all. One injury away from the chuckle brothers and Young being in the team. 7 CBs, 2 CM and one actual centre forward. Relying on youngsters that didn’t even get major minutes in preseason.

Being told by other United fans it will be fine because once upon a time we did exactly the same and it worked out. Guess what we don’t have Sir Alex Ferguson in charge, the youngsters aren’t the class of 92 and our senior players are no where near the quality of Cantona, Keane, Irwin and Bruce. And we had just come of the back of winning titles, the winning mentality was already there to bed in the youngsters. We don’t have that. We finished 6th last season, 6th! And yet we go into the season much weaker than we were last year.

If Solskjaer lasts till Christmas I’d be amazed. It’s not his fault. It’s now time for the fans to get Woodward and the Glazers out. Everything they do is just wrong. If we have a budget then why spend £80m on one player? We have done this 3 out the last 5 windows. Was there really no other CBs for less money that allowed us to get someone else in? The transfer strategy is the worse in top flight football.

RooneyLegend

Today. We gone through another window with the opportunity to take steps to fix the club yet have done nothing useful.

BulgarianDevil91

Can someone please make a "What's your favourite moment from the last six years?" thread? Would love some positivity around here, thanks.

djembatheking

Alan Sunderland in the FA cup 1979 , cried my eyes out as I thought we would win it after coming back from 2 down .

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Sevilla at home. My faith was already low with Mourinho but that was the game that put the nail in the coffin...

Moyes saying that we "aspire to be like City"...

LVG selling most of our attacking players, playing Rooney in midfield and DiMaria as striker and then complaining that we don't have a 20 goal scorer...

Most of the Caf lowering their expectations and saying that we will be lucky even get into the top 4 never mind challenging for the title...

arthurka

I dont know, v 1995 v West Ham was pretty low. Also the year after the Glazers bought us. But it has really been dire since Fergie retired.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
People saying today :lol:.

(Comfortably December 15-May 16 under LVG for me.)

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
Getting played off the park last season away to City, culminating with a 30 pass set-up and a tap-in for their second goal.

City are a ridiculously good side so no shame in losing to them, but the complete lack of fight was so incredibly frustrating. Its hard to care when the players don't seem to.

Maybe some recency bias, but the 4-0 hammering at Everton was depressing. Theres never been a more clear example of one team being up for it and running their balls off, and one team being as soft as a wet paper bag.
I agree entirely (it was 42 passes and it was their third goal). At that moment, the cold realisation dawned that we are literally not good enough to be on the same pitch.

Outside the timeframe in the original post, but the 6-1 battering from them, Wolves in the Cup last year and not backing Jose, who I don't think we should have sacked.

fps

Horrible feeling it might be Sunday, around 6.15.

El-Manos

Not the worst but I feel pretty shit now. It’s hard to be positive for this season.