What's your midfield trio next season?

Rocknrolla69er

Completely agree with this.

Also like to add the recent form of Matic has been good, so i'd argue for the DM specific role, Pogba is also behind Matic.

Matic is arguably our only natural DM, while Fred and McTom are capable there, they are both more natural CM's.

While i'd love to see Pogba leave, i just cant see it for various reasons.

We'll be stuck with him, but as long as he earns his place it wouldn't be the end of the world i guess. It would be a kick in the teeth for any of Fred, mcTom, Matic or Bruno to lose they're place immediately. That would really irk me because a place in the team has to be earned through merit and hard work. Pogba has no right to be a starter until he shows a significant improvement in attitude, application, fitness and form. He needs to be a bench option only in the 1st instance.

I'd like to see Ole go for a 4-1-2-3.

A Midfield of Fred/McTom/Bruno is good and pretty versatile.
Matic should only cover the DM role and Pogba can be used to rotate/cover Bruno.

The skillset of Fred/McTom also allow a switch to 4-2-3-1 when needed.

I'd very much welcome an additional DM and a more attacking midfield signing - Zakaria is all the talk but i've always like K.Phillips when i've seen him and Grealish is heavily linked.

As has been the case for Ole, a lot of what he can bring in depends on what he can get out - Lingard and Periera both seem surplus before we debate if Pogba stays or goes. To me, we need 2 in 3 out across the midfield.

In - Phillips & Grealish
Out - Lingard, Periera & Pobga.

If Pogba stays, it puts the Grealish deal in doubt. Doesnt look like much game time for Gomes either way, he's looking like a lost cause really
Yaaaaay somebody who understood my points.
Can i ask you was it hard to understand what i was pointing out and getting at?

Totally agree with the Phillips suggestion too, brilliant young player with bite and brilliant distribution

jamesjimmybyrondean

Yaaaaay somebody who understood my points.
Can i ask you was it hard to understand what i was pointing out and getting at?

Totally agree with the Phillips suggestion too, brilliant young player with bite and brilliant distribution
You're saying that with all our players fit Pogba won't be in the starting line up because Ole should have realised playing Pogba beside Fred in the pivot behind the AM in his favoured 4-2-3-1 is not as effective as playing Mctominay or Matic there instead. He can't start in the AM role either since Bruno is performing there so he goes to the bench as a back up to Bruno. I don't know what makes you so certain Pogba will become a back up option because there's really no evidence to back up what you're saying.

Playing with a Natural DM -Matic, A box to box - Fred and an Attacking midfielder - Bruno has proven to be our best midfield so far but theres no evidence to suggest this midfield will continue when Pogba returns even if it should

NoPace

If it's true Napoli will sell Fabian Ruiz for 50M he's the quality deep passer we could really use. If Pogba is indeed desperate to go to Juve and Ole loves Ramsey that 50M could be most of the fee for Pogba, much like how the Torres/Caroll or that one Higuain deal went down.

----Bruno---- (Ramsey)
Fred-Fabian (McTominay, Matic)

would be a really strong midfield, then we spend big on Sancho and hopefully a left back and or a center back and I guess Ighalo or another veteran 9 type unless Greenwood is handed that job backing up Martial outright.

Sparky Rhiwabon

These are your options as it stands, pick one from each section

DM - Matic
CM - Pogba, Fred, McTominay
AM - Bruno, Pogba

I'd say its pretty clear we need another DM
If Pogba goes we also need another AM (Grealish?)

Walters_19_MuFc

Talk about moving the goalposts. Think this isolation has got to some people. Let's have a look at your posts.

Bruno
Ramsey
Zakaria

im chuckling at peoples mentality that Pogba still has the mentality to be at this club, no doubts about it hes used his ankle injury to miss more games than hes needed too. Its almost a stealth protest. Hes gone get used to it and good riddance to the posturing egotistical child. Can take Lingaard and his daft dances with him, lets get some proper midfielders in who want to play and produce
So despite, by your own admission, McTominay and Fred doing very well in the deeper position this season, you then proceed to completely take both of them out, replacing one of them with Aaron Ramsey, who is arguably worse defensively in the deeper position than Paul Pogba. Makes sesnse!

Pogbas lost the shirt to Bruno guys accept it

Will be

Bruno
Mctominay
And possibly a new Dm if not itl be Fred.
Here, as people have already mentioned, you say Pogba has lost the shirt to Bruno, but Pogba did has not played as a 10 this season, despite what fantasies you have in your head.

Because when Pogba played deeper in midefield his defensive flaws where plain to see, do you think there will be no recognition of that from the coaching staff and no consequence?

That assumption baffles me, and before his ankle fell off Pogba was playing in the Bruno role, with Fred and Mctominay behind him

Go have a rethink
Bit in bold. Show me!

I think your confused, my posts states that Pogba played deeper in midfield as well as in brunos role, he failed defensivley in a deeper role, so in my opinion Mctominay and Fred are ahead of him there, which leads me onto my original statement Pogba has lost his place to Bruno.

Its not that difficult to decipher

Your just trying to manouver my posts into the direction youd like them to appear

Il make it very simple he was crap in the deeper role, he played more advanced but because of his injury hes now behind bruno, as well as fred and mctominay, comprende?
Pogba has not been moved to any position this season. Even from pre season, he was played in the deeper role.

When he is fully fit, based on what has happened all throughout this season, Pogba will be competing with Fred, McTominay and Matic.

Ive definatley watched Pogba this season play a far more advanced role, the one Brunos currently playing, sites can list starting positions that doesnt mean they are stuck too and players arnt moved around or given instruction to play more advanced

My points stand Pogba is behind Bruno, Mctominay and Fred

Prove me wrong
Yes, because believe it or not, players move. McTominay and Fred have also played in the advanced role based on what you're saying.

Another who totally misunderstands a post.

My post insinuated Ole changing Pogbas position during a game, not simply where Pogba has ran of his own accord

Do keep up its getting tedious. Maybe splash your face in a morning with cold water before you post.

His default position certainly has been deeper, but the form of Fred and Mctominay and how good their attitudes and form have been, will ensure they start in front of Pogba in the deeper roles.

So where do you then Pogba, in the advanced role, where he has spent time also no denying it, but the form of Bruno also keeps him out,

So bearing that in mind i stand by my prediciton when fit Pogba starts on the bench behind Fred, Mctominay and Bruno, having played in both roles.

I think a few need to get over some inefitable Pogba heartbreak, time to take your Pogba posters down boys
The state of this post. Again changing your tune to Ole changing him in game. This has possibly happened once in the Arsenal game when we went to a 433, with Pogba on the left of a three. Can you show me when else it happened? As you said, prove me wrong.

Just want to clarify, because I knew you'd start with all the fan boy BS. I agree that Pogba shouldn't walk straight back into the team. Fred and McTominay, as you said, have done an amazing job, but you need to get into your head that if/when he does, it'll be in place of Fred or McTominay in the deeper role, not as a 10. If you can't see that based on what has happened this season, then i'm pretty much wasting my time.

It might be the case that you're thinking about last season when Ole came in. He played in the advanced role of a three, with Matic and Herrera behind him. This season however, what you think you have seen is all in your head because it didn't happen.

Walters_19_MuFc

If it's true Napoli will sell Fabian Ruiz for 50M he's the quality deep passer we could really use. If Pogba is indeed desperate to go to Juve and Ole loves Ramsey that 50M could be most of the fee for Pogba, much like how the Torres/Caroll or that one Higuain deal went down.

----Bruno---- (Ramsey)
Fred-Fabian (McTominay, Matic)

would be a really strong midfield, then we spend big on Sancho and hopefully a left back and or a center back and I guess Ighalo or another veteran 9 type unless Greenwood is handed that job backing up Martial outright.
Love this!

As much as I think Fred and McTominay have done well, they still lack that range of passing and top class vision to open up teams, hence why I'm not sure why people would replace one of them with a ball winner like Zakaria, as it wouldn't make that much of a difference. Yes, we'd probably be a bit more solid, but we'd still struggle to control games and create chances from deep, which has been our problem for a while now.

Pogba, whilst not as good defensively as Fred and McTominay, has the ability to open teams up from deep, as we saw against Chelsea in the first game of the season. Therefore, getting someone like Fabian to replace Pogba (if we sell) would give us that creativity element from deep.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ive definatley watched Pogba this season play a far more advanced role, the one Brunos currently playing, sites can list starting positions that doesnt mean they are stuck too and players arnt moved around or given instruction to play more advanced

My points stand Pogba is behind Bruno, Mctominay and Fred

Prove me wrong
How is he playing a far more advanced role when Pereira or Lingard were the ones played in the role? So who's been playing deeper next to McTominay when Fred was on the bench while Pogba was on the pitch?

If you can find the answers, it should be enough to prove yourself wrong.

NoPace

Love this!

As much as I think Fred and McTominay have done well, they still lack that range of passing and top class vision to open up teams, hence why I'm not sure why people would replace one of them with a ball winner like Zakaria, as it wouldn't make that much of a difference. Yes, we'd probably be a bit more solid, but we'd still struggle to control games and create chances from deep, which has been our problem for a while now.

Pogba, whilst not as good defensively as Fred and McTominay, has the ability to open teams up from deep, as we saw against Chelsea in the first game of the season. Therefore, getting someone like Fabian to replace Pogba (if we sell) would give us that creativity element from deep.
Yeah he'd basically be a switched on Pogba with much less mobility in that role.

manutddjw

Pogba ——— Fred
————Bruno———

Pogba has played this position before and Fred has been outstanding this season. Then we have McTominay whose impressed and Matic. We don't really need anyone.

Sancho on the right, Martial centre and Rashford left. Martial and Rashford would've put up 20 goals this season each and that's with Lingard and Pereira being the creative force for them. Lets also not forget Greenwood has 10 goals playing sporadically. We got something special building. Get Sancho in and our main weakness is taken away.

hmchan

I'm quite shocked so many still think Pogba's best position is at no. 10. His strengths are his (1) physical ability, allowing him to hold onto ball; (2) dribbling skills to bring the ball from back to front; (3) ridiculous passing range for quick transition. This skill set means he is more suited to a deeper role responsible for organizing attack as well as antipressing, instead of a purely offensive duty.

On the other hand, he has certain weaknesses if he is played as a no. 10. His preference in dwelling onto ball sometimes delays attack and misses the best attacking opportunity. He is also not known for his pace, which may put him on a different wavelength against his teammates like James and Rashford. His inconsistency is another worry if we regard him as a no. 10.

That being said, I don't expect him to stay back at all times. He could still make threatening forward runs occassionally while Bruno could sometimes drop deep to get the ball. It's a tactic we have often seen since the arrival of Bruno, in which he plays an entirely different role in the second half. Ideally, this could unsettle the opponents and make it more difficult to defend.

If Pogba stays fit and doesn't leave, Bruno and him would definitely be our regular starters. This leaves one (or two if we play a diamond) spot and is entirely up to Ole's choice. It's likely that he would deploy an energetic midfielder like Fred and McTominay, but it's also possible that he would go for a holder midfielder like Matic. I would not be surprised if he decides to bring in another midfielder too.

Web of Bissaka

Have we ever tried Pogba at 10 though?
We did, sort of, just once.

For about 10+ mins late game vs Chelsea iirc with Mou at that time. Pogba played well.

I think managers are obsessed with his beautiful long range passing and driving runs from deep talents so much so he "have" to play deeper as 8 or 6.

I'm confident he'll do well as 10. He can just drop deep at times to do his hollywood passes and deep runnings.

Rocknrolla69er

You're saying that with all our players fit Pogba won't be in the starting line up because Ole should have realised playing Pogba beside Fred in the pivot behind the AM in his favoured 4-2-3-1 is not as effective as playing Mctominay or Matic there instead. He can't start in the AM role either since Bruno is performing there so he goes to the bench as a back up to Bruno. I don't know what makes you so certain Pogba will become a back up option because there's really no evidence to back up what you're saying.

Playing with a Natural DM -Matic, A box to box - Fred and an Attacking midfielder - Bruno has proven to be our best midfield so far but theres no evidence to suggest this midfield will continue when Pogba returns even if it should
Another nonsense post

The form of Mctominay, Fred and Bruno is evidence

Go splash your face

Rocknrolla69er

Talk about moving the goalposts. Think this isolation has got to some people. Let's have a look at your posts.

So despite, by your own admission, McTominay and Fred doing very well in the deeper position this season, you then proceed to completely take both of them out, replacing one of them with Aaron Ramsey, who is arguably worse defensively in the deeper position than Paul Pogba. Makes sesnse!

Here, as people have already mentioned, you say Pogba has lost the shirt to Bruno, but Pogba did has not played as a 10 this season, despite what fantasies you have in your head.

Bit in bold. Show me!

Pogba has not been moved to any position this season. Even from pre season, he was played in the deeper role.

When he is fully fit, based on what has happened all throughout this season, Pogba will be competing with Fred, McTominay and Matic.

Yes, because believe it or not, players move. McTominay and Fred have also played in the advanced role based on what you're saying.

The state of this post. Again changing your tune to Ole changing him in game. This has possibly happened once in the Arsenal game when we went to a 433, with Pogba on the left of a three. Can you show me when else it happened? As you said, prove me wrong.

Just want to clarify, because I knew you'd start with all the fan boy BS. I agree that Pogba shouldn't walk straight back into the team. Fred and McTominay, as you said, have done an amazing job, but you need to get into your head that if/when he does, it'll be in place of Fred or McTominay in the deeper role, not as a 10. If you can't see that based on what has happened this season, then i'm pretty much wasting my time.

It might be the case that you're thinking about last season when Ole came in. He played in the advanced role of a three, with Matic and Herrera behind him. This season however, what you think you have seen is all in your head because it didn't happen.
Absolutley hilarious

The goalposts are well and truly moved by yourself, because i state Fred , Mctominay and Bruno all deserve to be in front of Pogba, your saying im not allowed to upgrade the ones mentioned , whats wrong with buying in upgrades on Fred and Mctominay, just because they are outperforming Pogba doesnt mean better isnt out there.

I honestly think people have elevated Pogba to god status, hes really not that great.

Thank god you dont run a team eh, we d still have nobby styles and brian mclair running around.

I suggest you go through my posting history as ive linked stats on Ramsey and Pogbas defensive stats in the prem, and no way Pogba has better defensive stats than Ramsey, your on cloud cuckoo pal, go splash your face and do some research instead of wearing multi quote out and making yourself look silly

sherrinford

Another nonsense post

The form of Mctominay, Fred and Bruno is evidence

Go splash your face
Absolutley hilarious

The goalposts are well and truly moved by yourself, because i state Fred , Mctominay and Bruno all deserve to be in front of Pogba, your saying im not allowed to upgrade the ones mentioned , whats wrong with buying in upgrades on Fred and Mctominay, just because they are outperforming Pogba doesnt mean better isnt out there.

I honestly think people have elevated Pogba to god status, hes really not that great.

Thank god you dont run a team eh, we d still have nobby styles and brian mclair running around.

I suggest you go through my posting history as ive linked stats on Ramsey and Pogbas defensive stats in the prem, and no way Pogba has better defensive stats than Ramsey, your on cloud cuckoo pal, go splash your face and do some research instead of wearing multi quote out and making yourself look silly
Your having a mare in here pal.

Rocknrolla69er

Inappropriate Behavior
Your having a mare in here pal.
im really not its pretty straight forward. If im having a mare how did another poster understand me without much difficulty.

Are you the little cheer leader?

Show us your pom poms

SpyLuke10

DM - Matic
AM - Bruno, Pogba

spot on this is

NoPace

If Bayern are indeed signing Havertz, I think there's a pretty good chance the trio might be:

------Bruno---- (Tolisso)
Tolisso--Fred (McTominay, Matic)

with no proper AM backup but easy enough to plug McTominay in and have Tolisso as the most attacking midfielder even if he isn't creative enough for the job really

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

DM - Matic
AM - Bruno, Pogba

Just because Fred is CM, it doesn't mean he can't cover the DM role. He's been playing in that role while McTominay was next to him. The same with McTominay, he's been playing in the role while Pogba played next to him.

Pereira should be at least going to be in the squad next season realistically. He'll be another AM option.

DM - Matic, Fred. McTominay
AM - Bruno, Pogba, Pereira

Walters_19_MuFc

Absolutley hilarious

:lol:

Only one person in this thread making themselves look silly, and I can confidently say its not me.

jamesjimmybyrondean

DM - Matic
AM - Bruno, Pogba

We play a 4-2-3-1 formation with with a pivot behind an AM. If this season shows us anything, our midfield arrangement should be

Pivot DM/CMs - Matic Fred Pogba Mctominay
AM - Bruno Pogba Lingard Mata Pereira

I think we should get a midfielder that can play in a pivot behind the AM. Pogba and Fred will start there with Mctominay and the new midfielder as the rotational options and Matic as the emergency back up in case of injuries or resting players

We look sorted for the AM role though with Bruno as the starter, Pogba as the rotational option and Mata and Pereira as the emergency back up

Since Pogba is playing two roles in the team, playing as am and one of the midfielders in the pivot, if he leaves we would have to replace him with a versatile midfielder like him or an AM and a DM/CM for the pivot

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
im really not its pretty straight forward. If im having a mare how did another poster understand me without much difficulty.

Are you the little cheer leader?

Show us your pom poms
No you really are having a mare.

You’ve claimed Pogba has been playing in Bruno’s role with Fred and McT behind him. He hasn’t. Rather than admit you’re wrong you’ve gone left right and centre with your next posts whilst trying to claim you’ve not said things that are clear and in print.

Then you’ve got this little punchline:lol:

just admit you were wrong about where Pogba has been playing. I know you’d like it to be true because you think there’s no way Pogba will replace Bruno. But as has been the case all season, Bruno has replaced Lingard, Mata and pereira

Rocknrolla69er

No you really are having a mare.

You’ve claimed Pogba has been playing in Bruno’s role with Fred and McT behind him. He hasn’t. Rather than admit you’re wrong you’ve gone left right and centre with your next posts whilst trying to claim you’ve not said things that are clear and in print.

Then you’ve got this little punchline:lol:

just admit you were wrong about where Pogba has been playing. I know you’d like it to be true because you think there’s no way Pogba will replace Bruno. But as has been the case all season, Bruno has replaced Lingard, Mata and pereira
Ok i was wrong about pogba playing more than one role, il change my post again, i predict pogba wont replace fred and mctominay haha!!!

Web of Bissaka

Problem is --- Pogba won't play as AM.
At least not under Ole (don't remember he ever did), and 4231 or even 5212 is the preferred formation. Doesn't seem Ole is going back to 433.

* reality
5 D/CM -- Pogba, McT, Matic, Fred, (Pereira)
4 AM -- Bruno, Mata, Lingard, Pereira

^ If we're serious..
4 D/CM -- Pogba, McT, Matic, Fred
1 AM -- Bruno

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Ok i was wrong about pogba playing more than one role, il change my post again, i predict pogba wont replace fred and mctominay haha!!!
That’s absolutely fine. It’s your opinion and your perfectly entitled to that.

Mylock

Idea midfield 3 would be from the following players 433 formation.
DM Partey/Zakaria/Matic
Bruno Grealish/Saul/MCT/Fred/Pogba

Emrethis

Why are people treating Bruno like he's a mata? Bruno has the engine and tactical discipline to easily play in a double pivot with Fred or Mctominay. If you want Bruno and Pogba in the same midfield, then its obviously

Pogba
Fred Bruno

Pogba in a free role and not as a traditional no 10 because it doesn't suit him. Depending on the situation, Bruno may be deeper or more forward. We don't need a specialist DM if we're playing with a double pivot, so Fred or Mctominay is more than capable of playing the deepest midfielder.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why are people treating Bruno like he's a mata? Bruno has the engine and tactical discipline to easily play in a double pivot with Fred or Mctominay. If you want Bruno and Pogba in the same midfield, then its obviously

Pogba
Fred Bruno

Pogba in a free role and not as a traditional no 10 because it doesn't suit him. Depending on the situation, Bruno may be deeper or more forward. We don't need a specialist DM if we're playing with a double pivot, so Fred or Mctominay is more than capable of playing the deepest midfielder.
Love it when people make statements filled with derision only to actually suggest something highly questionable

Emrethis

Love it when people make statements filled with derision only to actually suggest something highly questionable
Harsh. I don't think I actively ridiculed anyone in particular. Fair enough if you disagree, but would appreciate it if you could share your views on why that midfield 3 wouldn't work.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
All depends on opposition and form really.

If we're confident and playing swashbuckling football then i'd personally go;

Fred,Pogba,Fernandes.

People are forgetting that Pogba hasn't had a proper midfield partner since he's been at the club. Matic was the walking dead (injured) Fred wasn't anywhere near as good as he is now, and Mctominay was just starting to get good. At the start of the season the Pogba/Mctominay midfield looked good, but they had Pereira ahead which didn't help score.

In games we are favourites i'd happily go with the 3, a motivated Pogba is more than capable of playing in a midfield that requires hard work, just look at him in the world cup. He also started the season working very hard. Playing with players more on his wavelength like Bruno will help him.

In matches where it's tighter, that's the tricky call.

Ole usually likes the 3-5-2 in tight matches so we could do something like this;

DDG,AWB, Bailly, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, Pogba, Fred, Mctominay, Fernandes, Rashford.

Either way we are going to end up with having to have a good player in the bench, but they'll have to deal with that. City constantly have Jesus, Mahrez, Gundogan etc on the bench.

Web of Bissaka

At the start of the season the Pogba/Mctominay midfield looked good, but they had Pereira ahead which didn't help score.

In games we are favourites i'd happily go with the 3, a motivated Pogba is more than capable of playing in a midfield that requires hard work, just look at him in the world cup. He also started the season working very hard. Playing with players more on his wavelength like Bruno will help him.
You're right. Good memory. That felt like ages ago and since then the constant "leaving-flirting news" about him made people (and me) forget.

Yeah, I was impressed with his good work-rate alongside McTominay then. Turns out just like his WC performance, Pogba can play a nice disciplined role.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Problem is --- Pogba won't play as AM.
At least not under Ole (don't remember he ever did), and 4231 or even 5212 is the preferred formation. Doesn't seem Ole is going back to 433.

* reality
5 D/CM -- Pogba, McT, Matic, Fred, (Pereira)
4 AM -- Bruno, Mata, Lingard, Pereira

^ If we're serious..
4 D/CM -- Pogba, McT, Matic, Fred
1 AM -- Bruno
Nobody knows for sure. I remember there was alot of noise about Pogba playing in front Fred and Mctominay after he returns from injury but then we signed Bruno. Fact is Pogba was solid as the deep lying playmaker for France and as the most advanced midfielder for us. He can play both for us when needed and Ole himself has said this

Web of Bissaka

Bruno has the engine and tactical discipline to easily play in a double pivot with Fred or Mctominay.
Idk but I still don't rate his tactical disciplines and "senses" when defending nor his ball-winning abilities.

Still early days, but so far what he have shown in games with us, it's not convincing.

Appreciate his work-rate and he will follow instructions but I don't think he's suited doing that shared double pivot role.
- he's also more likely to make risky play and passes, it's too risky putting him deep.

Emrethis

Idk but I still don't rate his tactical disciplines and "senses" when defending nor his ball-winning abilities.

Still early days, but so far what he have shown in games with us, it's not convincing.

Appreciate his work-rate and he will follow instructions but I don't think he's suited doing that shared double pivot role.
- he's also more likely to make risky play and passes, it's too risky putting him deep.
I see what you mean by it being risky, he hasn't shown enough of a defensive game in a United shirt. But I look back to his first game against Wolves and I think he actually played well in a deeper role that game. Also, it may not mean much, but the former sporting manager, Carlos Carvalhal, came out in Feb and said that Bruno's best position was not as a 10, but as an 8, saying among other things, that Bruno has good ball-winning capabilities and awareness.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/12/ole-...o-fernandes-no-10-manchester-united-12226112/

Tbh I'm not saying that its his best role. But if we were to put Pogba AND bruno in the same midfield. One of them has to play a deeper role and its not going to be Pogba. Unless we get a specialist DM, but I doubt that will happen and even if it does, will Ole go back to the 433?

Web of Bissaka

I see what you mean by it being risky, he hasn't shown enough of a defensive game in a United shirt. But I look back to his first game against Wolves and I think he actually played well in a deeper role that game. Also, it may not mean much, but the former sporting manager, Carlos Carvalhal, came out in Feb and said that Bruno's best position was not as a 10, but as an 8, saying among other things, that Bruno has good ball-winning capabilities and awareness.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/12/ole-...o-fernandes-no-10-manchester-united-12226112/

Tbh I'm not saying that its his best role. But if we were to put Pogba AND bruno in the same midfield. One of them has to play a deeper role and its not going to be Pogba. Unless we get a specialist DM, but I doubt that will happen and even if it does, will Ole go back to the 433?
Sounds like there's more to come from Bruno. Can't wait when football is back.

Yeah, I get from your point of views and reasoning. Appreciate that.
While I agree one of them has to play deeper roles if both play (unless we go back to 433 but we only have Matic as specialist DM for that), I still think Pogba is more suitable at dual pivot role than Bruno.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You're right. Good memory. That felt like ages ago and since then the constant "leaving-flirting news" about him made people (and me) forget.

Yeah, I was impressed with his good work-rate alongside McTominay then. Turns out just like his WC performance, Pogba can play a nice disciplined role.
And the fact is playing with better players will actually help him be more disciplined. For France he can stick to 1 job as he has Griezmann, Mbappe doing the attacking work.

For united he was having to do it all for himself. He took that burden on and tried to win the matches when others couldn't.

Emrethis

Sounds like there's more to come from Bruno. Can't wait when football is back.

Yeah, I get from your point of views and reasoning. Appreciate that.
While I agree one of them has to play deeper roles if both play (unless we go back to 433 but we only have Matic as specialist DM for that), I still think Pogba is more suitable at dual pivot role than Bruno.
Actually, even though I've talked up Bruno as an 8, at the minute, I do prefer Bruno in a no 10. I think having Bruno as the focal point has been bloody amazing because he's made everyone look better. And If we get a specialist DM that can cover for Pogba, like a Kante, having Pogba in a dual pivot behind Bruno would be amazing. Pogba's passing from deep is better than Bruno's as well, so yeah, I can see how he could be better than Bruno in a dual pivot.

Champagne Football

I think the club will be desperate to offload Pogba. I can see Juve or Madrid or PSG forking out the 100 million it will take.

I don't see Ramsey taking a 50% paycut to leave Juve for us.

If Bruno needs a rest then Sancho can play centrally as our no. 10, with Daniel James or Greenwood playing on the right instead.

Bruno
Fred Zakaria

With Matic, McTominay, Mejbri, Angel Gomes, Garner, Fosu Mensah as back up

Last edited:

Walters_19_MuFc

Harsh. I don't think I actively ridiculed anyone in particular. Fair enough if you disagree, but would appreciate it if you could share your views on why that midfield 3 wouldn't work.
Bruno has made such a good start to his United career as a 10, and Pogba has played deep all season. What makes you think the two will have reversed roles?