Where does Pogba fit in?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He might be back in training, but it'll take him a few weeks to be match fit. We're doing well right now, so there isn't the rush to get him back in as per other times of the season.

He'll have to bide his time and work hard to get in, but at least we know he'll have to with the euros and a move to work towards.

Mainoldo

We’re starting to play the best football we’ve played for years. Who wouldn’t you leave out to bring him in?
Dont care who gets left out. Like asking me who misses out for KDB after City have gone on an unbeaten run behind them.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Honestly, that's gonna be Ole's biggest test by far.

He either decides we don't need him, or he finds a spot in the first team for him.

No way he benches him....that will feck up the chemistry we have.

Maguire is captain, Bruno is looking like a fair leader....we should build on that.

Don't believe that Paul has it in him to be a follower....but, who knows. Martial and Bruno hit it off straight....ad in Rashford and Pogba....blimey!
This.

If Pogba is to get in this team he has to earn it. We have a good team that is really starting to click and Bruno has given more to the team in 4 games than Pogba has in months, even pre injury.

Pogba should be on the bench at first, Ole should not dump any of our current starters to make room for Pogba.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Is he willing to stay, tell Raiola to be quiet, not see himself as above these players and pitch in and fight as they have done?

If not, on a plane to Madrid.

Fred and McTominey are on their way to becoming my favourite players at the club and Matic is a beast of a DM when that is needed.

Bruno is the creative number 10 the team is built around. We need to be realistic, we need funds in other areas and he has shown he doesn’t want to be here time and time again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Where would Pogba or he supposedly replacement Grealish fit in?
It'll certainly be interesting if we do pursue Grealish.
It's a very positive sign though, as you can't have enough flair players in the ranks. Take Bruno out, and we're suddenly back to missing that spark.

For certain games you can quite easily play Grealish and Bruno in a 3. For others Grealish can either play wider, or we change formation.

We'd never have questioned quality players coming into a Fergie squad. It's much better than a lack of signings.

Mailo

He’ll play 4-5 games, be flogged for £90m-£100m and we re-invest it in an elite right winger.
In a market where Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann and others like them go for insane prices, Pogba should definitely be higher - but this is what constant rumours and that stupid prick of an agent does. He should be priced at Neymar levels or Mbappé, especially as he started the hiking prices.

Imagine if we had bought him after prices for players soared.

We probably would've bought him for £160 million if not more.

izzydiggler

We've just beaten the champions, a big rival with a gutsy performance and looking like a team on the up for the first time in a long time.

Why people would want to inject someone in, who has disrespected the club, is desperate to leave and has been largely mediocre for 4 years is beyond me. So he can get fit and play himself into some form for the Euros and leave? feck Pogba...I hope he never plays for us again.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Pogba returns to training next week. In terms of balance without sacrificing width like we did against Everton. Where exactly does Pogba fit in?

Fred, Bruno and Matic's roles are all crucial. I can't see Pogba settling for the bench. I guess the key thing is not to disrupt what we have..
He fits on the bench. And if he wants anything better, he will have to contribute more than he's ever done. Most likely he will pack his shit up and continue showboating somewhere else.

Where the hell is he anyway? Still nursing world's longest and most mysterious injury?

Oldyella

Be interesting to see if he's now finding the idea of staying at United more inviting now we're investing in better players.
Would imagine so. Feels like a different club over the last few months. I think the balance in midfield is pretty much spot on atm though.

Al-T

Whether he stays or goes in the summer, he needs games if he's to play a part for France in the Euros.

We are still fighting on three fronts, potentially another nineteen games between now and May. A fit and motivated Pogba might be crucial to how this season plays out, whatever happens after that.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It'll certainly be interesting if we do pursue Grealish.
It's a very positive sign though, as you can't have enough flair players in the ranks. Take Bruno out, and we're suddenly back to missing that spark.

For certain games you can quite easily play Grealish and Bruno in a 3. For others Grealish can either play wider, or we change formation.

We'd never have questioned quality players coming into a Fergie squad. It's much better than a lack of signings.
So if there's a place for Grealish, there's always a place for Pogba.

DickDastardly

Did alright at Juventus when surrounded by multiple leader types.

Did fairly well over here too, when Zlatan was around.

Perhaps that's been the issue, he actually needs the leader types around him. I think Bruno is the perfect foil for him.
Perhaps.

Truth be told, he looked alright with Zlatan being the main character in that team of ours.

But, it's one thing being the second fiddle to Zlatan, a whole new thing being a second fiddle to some new portugese guy...

I don't even know what i want.

I just know i want the best thing for United!

Jonno

In a market where Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann and others like them go for insane prices, Pogba should definitely be higher - but this is what constant rumours and that stupid prick of an agent does. He should be priced at Neymar levels or Mbappé, especially as he started the hiking prices.

Imagine if we had bought him after prices for players soared.

We probably would've bought him for £160 million if not more.
Sadly this season has ruined his value. I reckon last summer we’d have got the £140m-£150m you mentioned.

kps88

I don't think he would have started today even if he was fully fit. There's no way I could see him running and pressing the way everyone else did.

He'd be a huge help in home games against teams that park the bus though.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Normally we'd all have said instead of Matic but the man has been awesome for a little while. Matic has been impressing me, he's taken the opportunities since McT got injured and never looked back ever since

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I suspect we’ll see more of the diamond we saw at Everton last week.

What I’m certain of, is a fully fit Pogba will not be the ‘squad player’ everyone seems to hope he will be. I’m also confident that it will take about an hour of his comeback before those same people asking for him to be a sub to retreat. Took 20 mins the last time.

Jonno

I think Ole will try to keep him here. He’s truly world class, and now we have an excellent midfield base of Matic, Fred, McTomminay. He can play alongside Bruno in an advanced position like we do with Mata, we can play him deep in place of Matic or McTomminay, the possibilities and options are what we need.

Mailo

Sadly this season has ruined his value. I reckon last summer we’d have got the £140m-£150m you mentioned.
The objective of the former pizza baker accomplished. This is what he's fighting for.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So if there's a place for Grealish, there's always a place for Pogba.
Pogba with his head at it, and on form, very much so.
Unfortunately he's had a miserable season in all ways, and it seems certain he'll be off.

His biggest legacy unfortunately is that for a world class player he didn't improve those around him. Bruno "Probably" isn't quite the same level, but he's instantly improved us

Kag

Who do you remove? Fred and Bruno are untouchable for me ..
One of the sitting midfielders. In certain games, and particularly in games we are struggling to break sides down, we play them both.

If Pogba doesn’t fancy it come the summer, then we shake hands, send him away and bring in Grealish for the same purpose.

Member 90887

He'll probably leave in the summer.

There's no chance he benches Bruno. We need a player like Fred in the team so he'll definitly play and we need a more defensive player and that would be either Scott or Matic.

Bruno is what Pogba was supposed to be.

I'd let him leave and with his money, get a replacement for him that wouldn't mind rotating (Grealish ? he plays LW as well) when we need to rest Bruno and add the rest of the money for Sancho or another RW.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Dont care who gets left out. Like asking me who misses out for KDB after City have gone on an unbeaten run behind them
No it’s not. We suddenly look better than we’ve looked in years. Our midfield is now better than when Pogba was in it.

Who would you take out?

saivet

Given our run of fixtures I'd just take Matic out and have him in midfield with Fred.

Alternatively, we could utilise the diamond, similar to at Everton and still have everyone in there, playing in their natural positions.

Pogba fits on our transfer list.

Great talent but he's fecked around this season and the club have moved on.

Great that he leaves and nobody gives a feck. Ole and the club deserves great credit for that. Really changed the narrative in the club's favour.

Was guttted when he left as a youngster having watched him in the youth cup winning team - but now he feels irrelevant.

EwanI Ted

First sub behind Bruno, at first anyway. No-one deserves to be dropped for him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Pogba with his head at it, and on form, very much so.
Unfortunately he's had a miserable season in all ways, and it seems certain he'll be off.

His biggest legacy unfortunately is that for a world class player he didn't improve those around him. Bruno "Probably" isn't quite the same level, but he's instantly improved us
Sadly, I agreed. I don't think his head is at United anymore. Can't blame him, though. I hope he'll leave us in a very good term.

Jinn

Right now, he doesn't deserve to be in the starting 11. All are playing well.

SaintMuppet

1 He fits on the bench fighting to prove he wants it and is good enough for it

2 He fits on the transfer list if 1 is not good enough for him.

The team has moved on, I’m not sure he wants or deserves a place unless injuries dictate. It may just be time to cash in and buy a shiny new right side attacker!!!

Superunknown

Right now, I wouldn't drop any of Fred, Bruno, Matic or McTominay to get Pogba into the team. If he does stay, then he'll have to earn his spot and fight like everyone else. We should be past the point now where players get in on reputation. Players should be chosen on the basis of what they add to the team. Looking at the performances from all four of those players I mentioned, all of them would have run through a brick wall today for that shirt. We need to keep it that way. The intensity with Fred's play for example, is an example to the rest of the squad. McTominay came on and made a difference, too! Bruno has joined us and has set the standard of what we should be expecting from our players.

I'm all for keeping any player who wants to be here and can improve what we already have.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I had said this a couple of times before. Like a long time before this good patch we are going through. Pogba does not work hard enough in the MF.

Look at Fred, he absolutely works his ass off.

And bruno works harder again in the ten channel.

I think we should let Pogba go. Maintain that we want to keep him to maintain the high price. Buy Sancho, Grealish and another MF. Perhaps keep Igalo as well.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Right now, I wouldn't drop any of Fred, Bruno, Matic or McTominay to get Pogba into the team. If he does stay, then he'll have to earn his spot and fight like everyone else. We should be past the point now where players get in on reputation. Players should be chosen on the basis of what they add to the team. Looking at the performances from all four of those players I mentioned, all of them would have run through a brick wall today for that shirt. We need to keep it that way. The intensity with Fred's play for example, is an example to the rest of the squad. McTominay came on and made a difference, too! Bruno has joined us and has set the standard of what we should be expecting from our players.

I'm all for keeping any player who wants to be here and can improve what we already have.
This.