Where will we finish?

What league position will we finish in this season?

• Total voters

Woziak

Don't agree that 4th to 6th is United, Spurs and Arsenal. Wolves showed enough today with Everton, West Ham and Leicester all being in the mix. One game to prepare for a week is significant advantage over playing two. Arsenal will be better than most think because unlike us they score goals and have 3 genuine Centre Forwards to pick from, even Wellbeck would put Lukaku under pressure currently in our squad.

Both Rashford and Lingard scored goals last season as did Martial, signing Sanchez has completley destabilized the harmony of the squad so 4th to 7th is what I predict which is basically where we have finished as an average position in the last 5 seasons!

Minimalist

On current form? 5th or 6th and that's not being dramatic - I can't fathom how you can think anything else from what we've seen. I think 5th is likely right now. Not good enough at all.

Hopefully we'll improve and I can feel like we'll snatch the 4th place.

Think United, Spurs and Arsenal will be fighting for the last spot.

Betson

I think 5th or 6th is most likely , with a bit of improvement and luck(other teams tanking) we could get top 4 but realistically getting 4th would be as much as we can get with this current squad as it is.

Hard to fathom with the hundreds of millions we have spent in the last few season and one of if not the biggest player wage bills in Europe , but that is where we are right now.

NoLogo

I feel City, Chelsea and Liverpool will very likely finish ahead of us, Liverpool though I can see having a bit of a down turn in form later in the season. Still I think in the end we will finish behind those 3 teams.

Will have to fight off Tottenham, Arse and probably one surprise team for 4th.

Devil may care

I think City and Liverpool will finish 1st and 2nd and with Arsenal's dreadful defense I think they'll be 6th, so that leaves us Spurs and Chelsea for the other 2 top 4 spots, as I think Chelsea might find the lack of a top goal scorer begins to see them drop more points as the season goes on. Right now I'd say 4th, I dislike Mourinho greatly but he has more nous than Poch for a war of attrition and so much more PL experience than Sarri, so I think he'll nudge one of them out to get 4th.

redshaw

Voted 4th, maybe a slight chance of 3rd but really I'm thinking 4th-6th is our range.

Top 3 I'd say is City Liverpool and Chelsea.

PoTMS

Pretty sure we'll finish 4th, 5th or 6th. Liverpool and City are quite a way ahead of us at the moment and I don't think we'll finish ahead of Chelsea either. Spurs and Arsenal are, like us, pretty shit though so it's a matter of whose more shit out of us three. I'll go for fifth.

AlwaysRed66

I predict 6th under this manager. Can't see lower at this stage due to the big gap between top six & the rest, but that might change.

m1tch

I'm staying positive for now and going for 4th. Depends greatly on what the players will give for the manager though, getting 4th will require them to give it their all most of the season.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Things aren't set in stone yet, there are many examples of teams who start very well and then fall off. I think a top 2 of Liverpool and City is likely, but people are very quick to jump to the conclusion that top 3 is already set in stone which it isn't at all. There is a lot of football left to play.

People who have predicted what they see, and take the start as a trend that has been going on for the past season + I completely sympathize with though. But people who drastically change their mind based on the first 6 games haven't learned much from years gone by. Recently (2 seasons ago) City had a fantastic winning run, only to struggle and barely make 4th.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I have said 5th, but wouldn't be surprised at 6th. The one consolation is if this happens a decision will have to be made. It would then be three seasons only one finish in the Top 4.

RoyH1

I'm an optimistic realist so I'll say 4th. Liverpool and City are a quantum leap above in quality right now and Sarri has adapted to PL football much better and quicker than anticipated. There's little chance we finish higher than those 3.
Having said that, I think Mourinho still has enough quality in the side to steer us to 4th. Emery is not a top manager and Spurs's squad lacks depth. A knock to Eriksen or Kane and they're in trouble.

Infra-red

Two thirds of us (including me) expect United to finish outside the top 4 and it's still only September. I cannot remember a season in which expectations were so low so early.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
6th but we'll win the Champions League.
I actually think (and did when the group was announced) that we'd get knocked out of the UCL at the first hurdle and drop into the Europa League so a 6th place and winning that could happen though even that's unlikely given how negative the feeling would be around the club

red4ever 79

We used to laugh at the other clubs talking about finishing in the top 4. I couldnt care less about Champions league football. I just want to see the team show some bloody pride and passion

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
The objective is clearly the 4th position. Which will be hard enough because Emery's Arsenal seems to be gelling and the Spurs might get back on track. I hope the Spurs finally have a semi-meltdown/welcome to reality tragedy with Poch and finish 7th-10th. Then it'd be a mano a mano VS us and Arse.

1. Chelsea (one's hoping)
2. Scouse
3. Qatarchester City
4. Arsenal or us
5. Spurs or us

I've said in other threads that the PL deserves at least 5 ChL spots, because of popularity and budget.

Bocca9978

5th at the moment and that would be flattering.
Can’t see it getting any better until Jose has gone.

Red Star One

Not even October and you’d have to be ridiculously optimistic to think we have any chance to challenge for a title. Tough times.

I hope for 4th

RedNed77

3rd. I fancy Chelsea will go through a dip at some point, and Spurs look very spursy this year.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The troubling thing is you can see Arsenal improving game after game. Spurs will get back to their level, Chelsea already look like a better side than us.

Infra-red

The troubling thing is you can see Arsenal improving game after game. Spurs will get back to their level, Chelsea already look like a better side than us.
5 wins in a row for Arsenal now, 14 goals scored in those games. They're on the up.