Where would you honestly rank our team?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is the worst squad of players United have had in the last 20 years . If I was a neutral there would be absolutely no reason to switch on a United game apart from to laugh at the misery of how badly a football club can be run

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
8-10th, given how often our best players ge injured.

ManRed

If I compare it to the 23 yrs I have watch United play this is by far the worst team to ever go into a season.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
First eleven, third or fourth.

When squad comes into it... Fifth or sixth.

What makes it difficult is that opposing players see United as more of a scalp than Leicester or any other club looking to break into the top six.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This is the worst squad of players United have had in the last 20 years .
I've been following United since 1974.
There has been some dark times and some poor football, but I honestly think that this is the worst squad of players that I've ever seen.
Some of those players in years gone by may have lacked ability or talent, but they still had heart, and a will to give their all.

But this squad today is laden with grossly overrated players that lack even the basic spirit to fight.
As much as I love Solskjaer and want him to succeed, I am already sick to the back teeth of him sugar coating the situation, and over looking the obvious failings in the very players that he us relying on to turn things around.

If he doesn't get brutal very soon, then he is doomed.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I think it is obvious that we are behind City, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal.
I don't think it's obvious, Arsenal, for example, are tragic. Spurs have a better squad but something is not right there, although I have more confidence in them turning it around than in us.

Anyway, our best asset is clearly Pogba, and he didn't play in the last ones. Martial is also one of the bright spots. This doesn't make us a team that's ready to compete for anything of note, but it's unfair to rank our team with today's game in mind.

Jev

The lineup we've fielded in the last two league games belongs in midtable. Young, Mata, Matic, Pereira, McT and James. I like McT and James and have high hopes for both but on current level that's more than half a lineup of mediocrity, they'd struggle to start for West Ham. It's shocking that we can field that team for two consecutive important games with the money we've spent.

croadyman

Would honestly say we look finished until some major changes are made at this club,unfortunately that isn't going to be happening any time soon.

padr81

Supports
Man City
West Ham had a stronger starting XI than you today. Without Pogba, Martial and Rashford you are midtable - 7th to 12th. With those three you are in the higher group with Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester and if things don't pick up soon Spurs will be there too. So anywhere from 3rd to 7th with a full squad.

Alabaster Codify7

If you take an in-form Pogba out of the 11, I honestly put us around 6-7th. With no Pogba - more like 8-10th.

Considering Pogba (form or no form) will be gone in the summer, and his replacement will be a downgrade no matter who we sign (realistically), 8-10th is our level. Suck it up. Renew your season tickets. All is well.

redshaw

Fully fit maybe 6th but that's not real. We've done a lot of damage to the squad over the window while having a couple of good signings so I'd say we're in the 7th-10th range now. We used to have a squad about 4th-6th.

red4ever 79

Mid table. We have a defence that is top 4 standard and a GK who is amongst the best in the league. However our midfield and attack is midtable quality. We are weaker than last year with a less experienced manager.

Irwin99

Objectively speaking there's actually not a huge amount of difference between a lot of the teams that make up the top ten (obviously excluding City and Liverpool). The difference between us and West Ham today was marginal in that both sides were pretty ordinary. If there's one positive we can take it's that the league quality isn't that great. A win would have taken us to third today, a loss has seen us fall to 8th.

Some people are claiming that a fully fit first team wins that game for us and I disagree. Difference between Shaw and Young is marginal at best, and Pogba wouldn't have liked that type of game at all. Martial was probably the only real miss.

Von Mistelroum

I'd say around 7th or so in terms of talent but with the confidence issues and tactics I'm thinking we might actually make bottom half

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Fully fit squad I would say we are top 6.

Performance wise, I'd say we are mid table if not lower? . I'm not joking. Quite a few 'mid table teams' play better consistent football than us.

Will Singh

We can be 6th - 8th but 1 or 2 injuries thrn bottom half of the table, in other words depends who fit if our 1st team played every game and every minute then yeah around 6th-8th.

buckooo1978

Chelsea and Arsenal look more complete, more experienced and have far more quality in midfield and attack

Wolves and Leicester have actually underperformed I think

I think 6th is about right overall

GiddyUp

Out of the top 13-15 clubs in Europe we have played the worst football of the lot over the last six years.

passing-wind

Squad ? We have an inept manager, barring the midfield many of the players that weekly get criticised aren't as bad as they seem. There's no system at United, you stick Fred in a Guardiola team we are talking about a different player. Rashford for England we are talking about a different player. Lingard under Mourinho and England he's a better overall contributor. Pogba was world class as a 10 last season and our best player, Ole knowing this then drops him to a double pivot midfield alongside Mctomminay. Martial played fantastically in periods under a manager who showed him next to no faith why has he been lackluster under a manager who seemingly gives young players confidence. I think Ole gives the players confidenc

It's not so much about the capabilities of this team, it's how is Ole accomodating his system to suit the players needs and strengths. In the last 19 games have we ever attributed our play towards a team goal ? Or are we relying on individual brilliance to pull us through. Solskjaer looks finished, that post match interview he looked bewildered in his demeanor.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Big thing for me is how little game turning options you have off the bench nowadays. Obviously you missing Pogba and Martial but likes of Rashford and James would still be starting so really only attacking options then would be Lingard (in terrible form for ages), Greenwood (promising but still very young and think you're bringing him on right by putting him in the cup games) and Mata (still has his moments but passed his best now).

It's a cliche but growing up watching Man. United in the Fergie years and if starting 11 didn't get you, the two attacking subs he'd throw on after 70 minutes usually would. As an opposition fan I've had to suffer likes of Hernandez and Macheda turning games we were leading 2-0 in draws and losses after coming off the bench around that time.

Guess Lukaku wanted to leave and he didn't fit OGS style of play but would he really have been the worst sub option off bench? You pretty much used Fellaini in that role last three seasons.

If Martial isn't fit I assume you'll have to play a false 9 v Arsenal?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
A sterile Top5-7 struggling team, 4th position a title in itself.

Hate to finally say it, but we are too inconsistent and we cannot create enough goals: Ole out.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I've been following United since 1974.
There has been some dark times and some poor football, but I honestly think that this is the worst squad of players that I've ever seen.
Some of those players in years gone by may have lacked ability or talent, but they still had heart, and a will to give their all.

But this squad today is laden with grossly overrated players that lack even the basic spirit to fight.
As much as I love Solskjaer and want him to succeed, I am already sick to the back teeth of him sugar coating the situation, and over looking the obvious failings in the very players that he us relying on to turn things around.

If he doesn't get brutal very soon, then he is doomed.
My feeling at the end of the last season was that for the first time I was following a team in which anyone could be sold and I would genuinely not feel sad about it . I feel zero attachment to any of these players . Most of them are being overpaid way above their actual level

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think our squad on paper is probably in the mix with Arsenal and Chelsea, 4th-6th. But it's easier to play for a team that's a little bit weaker with 10% of the expectations and I think so many of our players simply cannot handle the pressure that playing for United brings.

Denis79

I believed we would end between 4th and 6th but with our lovely injury record 6th-8th

Mr angry

Supports
Bury
Mid table. Worryingly reminding me of the 73/4 team.