Which fan channels do you follow?

Marshall MQUAID

Supports
Adelaide United
K.G. & Flex never fail to entertain, that pair need a sitcom. Goldbridge has gotten better lately as before I could only handle small amounts then switched off. But he still shouts at the beginning of every video, settle down mate.

UnitedPeople'sTV is one I like too, don't know the fellas name though. Not a fan of Howson. Not familiar with some others mentioned so thanks for those, I'll look them up.

E-mal

Statman Dave zis good.

But as a FanCam, Webby & O'Neil is the best one. Actual supporters of the club.
What do you mean by actual supporters?
Aren't the others supporters or they have to live in Manchester?

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I watch a bit of Goldbridge on the untied stand. And of course AFTV when Arsenal lose.

I just watch it to get a different opinion on things, not to get information. I don't mind watching unqualified people talk about football, as that is exactly what a fan channel is supposed to be. I find more of an issue when watching 'qualified' pundits like Craig Burley, Hasselbaink, Le Boeuf or Richard Keys talk rubbish just out of an agenda.

red thru&thru

What do you mean by actual supporters?
Aren't the others supporters or they have to live in Manchester?
There's another thread on how here which discusses about supporting your club. If you read that and compare most of these fancams, you'll know what I mean.

And to answer your question, no, you don't have to live in Manchester to support your club...and I never said you have too, as I don't!

Judas

Open to offers
United Stand is alright in small doses, although Goldbridge away from Utd content is best to be honest, he's just a very funny bloke. Fifa streams, and his watchalongs of other games are very funny.

Paddock is good too, Joe Smith being the star of the show these days.

I'm not watching any of them for excellent analysis really, I just want a few laughs and to be able to relate to views from fellow Utd fans.

GueRed

I used to dip in and out of Full-time Devils from 2014 -2016.

McKola is a Martial FC clown. Howson is a dodgy character too didnt he try to con foreign reds in the past? correct me if i'm wrong. Both of them absolutely hated on Rooney and blamed him for every negative result under the LVG era.

I also remember McKola would be hammering Fellaini on every fecking video then the next week would be kissing arse in an exclusive one on one interview with the player himself in the next. :lol: what a snake.

They'd go well over the top with academy players too. Howson back in 2015 calling Fosu fecking Mensah the new Bryan Robson FFS :lol:

Cant be arsed with those other toxic nerds.

Often fancam clips will pop up on my twitter timeline though. That Rants lad just had a clip laying into Ole, Maguire and McTominay. Which is not surprising considering he's Pogba FC. I think Pogba (and Martial) fanboys are the most toxic on social media

Robertd0803

A sum total of zero. I spend my time here instead.

Although like everyone I do watch AFTV when they lose so does that count?

croadyman

Caught Howson's transfer video yesterday and he is proper fuming about us not signing a starting RW in this window

Eternitiy

I used to dip in and out of Full-time Devils from 2014 -2016.

McKola is a Martial FC clown. Howson is a dodgy character too didnt he try to con foreign reds in the past? correct me if i'm wrong. Both of them absolutely hated on Rooney and blamed him for every negative result under the LVG era.

I also remember McKola would be hammering Fellaini on every fecking video then the next week would be kissing arse in an exclusive one on one interview with the player himself in the next. :lol: what a snake.

They'd go well over the top with academy players too. Howson back in 2015 calling Fosu fecking Mensah the new Bryan Robson FFS :lol:

Cant be arsed with those other toxic nerds.

Often fancam clips will pop up on my twitter timeline though. That Rants lad just had a clip laying into Ole, Maguire and McTominay. Which is not surprising considering he's Pogba FC. I think Pogba (and Martial) fanboys are the most toxic on social media
Howson is awful. So cringeworthy that someone with such a large audience continues to peddle their agendas for and against certain players despite the reality of the players' ability and form.

Jordicruyfffanclub

Can't abide any of them. That Howson lad in particular is a clown. He simply cannot accept Luke Shaw is playing well and takes every opportunity to run him down.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Can't abide any of them. That Howson lad in particular is a clown. He simply cannot accept Luke Shaw is playing well and takes every opportunity to run him down.
I'm at my wits end with the stretford paddock lot, they can just get so insufferable, especially when they have their agendas and spout their uninformed political views.

drmuji

United Forum for me

The guy is genuine. Although his gear hasn't been the best (mic and background) but he is the most logical guy around and doesn't just rant like Terry or Mark Goldbridge.
He gives solid analysis and out of all of them, I would listen to me

JB7

"Fancams are nonces" was a chant at a game last Christmas time that pretty much epitomises my view of them and the ridiculous personas that run them.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I watched a couple channels today.

Meh.

Spouted nonsense like AWB was man of the match today and that Matic was needed as he 'never let's us down'.

The rest was basically what's spouted on here.

It is pretty impressive that their post match videos are uploaded just after the game.

Adamsk7

sometimes Goldbridge is a bit much and I do wish they'd get some people that are talented in front of the camera other than Flex, Mark and KG because the supporting cast outside of those are terrible but United Stand is probably the most entertaining overall. Stretford Paddock is dull as dishwater although I never used to mind Howson on his own channel until yesterday when he was still saying Luke Shaw was shite! haha at that point I knew his opinion was trash so I now I won't bother.

JB7

What have fan cams got to do with being a nonce?

Braindead opinion.
Basically those running them and watching them should probably have their hard drives checked because there is a far higher chance of them being a nonce than Joe Public.

Why anyone would want to rush out of the ground to talk to some Spurs or Forest supporting gimp in a United scarf to try and get their face on YouTube by spouting idiotic emotional opinions in the heat of the moment? Even more so, why would anyone else want to watch it?

They are toxic and do not bring anything positive to the table whatsoever.

SuperiorXI

Basically those running them and watching them should probably have their hard drives checked because there is a far higher chance of them being a nonce than Joe Public.
:lol: okay. Sound like you know your onions, get a paper together and submit it to Oxford!

Why anyone would want to rush out of the ground to talk to some Spurs or Forest supporting gimp in a United scarf to try and get their face on YouTube by spouting idiotic emotional opinions in the heat of the moment? Even more so, why would anyone else want to watch it?
People have been debating football ever since it became a sport, making a clown of themselves down the pub etc, this is just another form... it's not new behaviour. And in answer to your question, because it's funny? Why are you so threatened by it? Genuinely curious.

I've been to the match and walked past these guys and saw some giving them abuse... I never could understand why.

They are toxic and do not bring anything positive to the table whatsoever.
Not all of them. Some are sure, but that's football fans for you.

joeunited

Didn't watch much fan tv before because we were shite so there were always rants, rants, and rants some more everyone of them.
Started watching United Stand more for transfer news and because the sound is more clear than others with video calls and under the water sound. They also mumble in their throats, hard for me to understand, and, that bloody Goldbridge always shout - too loud most of the time. If I was watching something else on Youtube before and then change to United Stand this bloody "HELLO EVERYONE" probably wake up half the neighbourhood.

JB7

:lol: okay. Sound like you know your onions, get a paper together and submit it to Oxford!

People have been debating football ever since it became a sport, making a clown of themselves down the pub etc, this is just another form... it's not new behaviour. And in answer to your question, because it's funny? Why are you so threatened by it? Genuinely curious.

I've been to the match and walked past these guys and saw some giving them abuse... I never could understand why.

Not all of them. Some are sure, but that's football fans for you.
I don't find it threatening, I just find it incredibly bizarre. I wouldn't leave the game 5 minutes early to get prime spot in the pub so people can listen to me spouting shite, so why do people do that to try and talk to one of the FanCam hosts? It's just bizarre. They go out and talk to these hosts as if they're United fans, when they're just not - they're paid actors effectively which makes the whole thing incredibly fake and, as I said, bizarre. I get why they exist because they make money so from their point of view, great.

I think a large part of the issue for me is that they have effectively become the public face for United supporters. You see these clowns popping up on Sky Sports News and the like as prominent "United supporters" which is just ridiculous given their histories supporting other clubs. It's just a really fake reality based on presenting people as idiots and it doesn't sit well with me.

SuperiorXI

I don't find it threatening, I just find it incredibly bizarre. I wouldn't leave the game 5 minutes early to get prime spot in the pub so people can listen to me spouting shite, so why do people do that to try and talk to one of the FanCam hosts? It's just bizarre. They go out and talk to these hosts as if they're United fans, when they're just not - they're paid actors effectively which makes the whole thing incredibly fake and, as I said, bizarre. I get why they exist because they make money so from their point of view, great.

I think a large part of the issue for me is that they have effectively become the public face for United supporters. You see these clowns popping up on Sky Sports News and the like as prominent "United supporters" which is just ridiculous given their histories supporting other clubs. It's just a really fake reality based on presenting people as idiots and it doesn't sit well with me.
Do you have proof that they're paid actors and fans of other teams? I hear this a lot and have never seen a shred of evidence. Having watched them quite a bit, they come across as genuine fans to me and I see no reason to get on their backs.

Who says they're the public face of United? That's just incredibly narrow minded when you consider the size of the club...

The amount of time and effort these guys have sunk into their product - and I'm talking about all the fan channels - it takes more than just a lust for money, you would need a passion for the team to get you to even 10k subscribers, never mind over 1m!

JB7

Do you have proof that they're paid actors and fans of other teams? I hear this a lot and have never seen a shred of evidence. Having watched them quite a bit, they come across as genuine fans to me and I see no reason to get on their backs.

Who says they're the public face of United? That's just incredibly narrow minded when you consider the size of the club...

The amount of time and effort these guys have sunk into their product - and I'm talking about all the fan channels - it takes more than just a lust for money, you would need a passion for the team to get you to even 10k subscribers, never mind over 1m!
There were various threads on twitter and other sites about McKola, Flex, Goldbridge etc all supporting other clubs with information to back them up such as pictures of them at grounds, in shirts/scarfs etc. Do I have that information to hand? No - so I don't have proof per se but it is out there.

The fact that the likes of those above & others get invited on Sky, onto Talksport, onto the BBC etc to give their views on United. Which wouldn't have anything to do with their funding companies being producers of content for those networks would it? They are faces for their channels, but their channels are a lot more than them! You're talking as if they themselves have built their channels up from nothing which is just not true.

SuperiorXI

There were various threads on twitter and other sites about McKola, Flex, Goldbridge etc all supporting other clubs with information to back them up such as pictures of them at grounds, in shirts/scarfs etc. Do I have that information to hand? No - so I don't have proof per se but it is out there.
I've seen threads but they never gave any evidence so you'll have to link me. Just did a quick search and couldn't find anything. Why would they pretend to be fans? Doesn't make sense to me... bear in mind the guy that runs The United Stand has another channel where he comments on other teams and does watch alongs etc, that's growing rapidly and he doesn't pretend to support those teams. Same with the likes of 'The Kick Off', they get various fans on, don't need to pretend to support anyone.

The fact that the likes of those above & others get invited on Sky, onto Talksport, onto the BBC etc to give their views on United. Which wouldn't have anything to do with their funding companies being producers of content for those networks would it? They are faces for their channels, but their channels are a lot more than them! You're talking as if they themselves have built their channels up from nothing which is just not true.
Honestly who cares if they get to go on Sky, BBC, Talksport etc? Doesn't bother me. Doesn't make them the face of the club either.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
I was curious to see which, if any, United YouTube Fan Channels we are into?

I know we all like a good chuckle at AFTV when Arsenal lose, but do you any of you subscribe to any United-related channels?

The biggest one seems to be The United Stand which boasts 961,000 Subcribers - I don't subscribe to it personally, but Mark Goldbridge (114,000 Subscribers) has kind of grown on me a bit - I used to really dislike him, but I now actually find him quite funny at times.

The ones I do subscribe to are: Stretford Paddock which has 574,000 Subcribers and was sort of a phoenix channel to Full Time Devils which folded last year.

I also follow Stephen Howson (160,000 Subs) who is my personal favourite United YouTuber, although he seems to be a bit of a divisive figure on here.

Statman Dave is a popular one (247,000 Subs) having now been been poached by MUTV.

Let's hear your thoughts: do you subscribe to any of these channels? Did you watch fan cams before Covid? What do you think of these guys like Goldbridge, Howson, Adam McKola, etc?
Stretford Paddock is fun especially when Andy is on Fan Cam. McKola can be irritating at times and Howson seems too soft on criticizing Ole some times.

Statman Dave is class.

SuperiorXI

Stretford Paddock is fun especially when Andy is on Fan Cam. McKola can be irritating at times and Howson seems too soft on criticizing Ole some times.

Statman Dave is class.
Joe Smith and McKola's PL pisstake is great fun. Especially when they take the piss out of Arsenal.

JB7

I've seen threads but they never gave any evidence so you'll have to link me. Just did a quick search and couldn't find anything. Why would they pretend to be fans? Doesn't make sense to me... bear in mind the guy that runs The United Stand has another channel where he comments on other teams and does watch alongs etc, that's growing rapidly and he doesn't pretend to support those teams. Same with the likes of 'The Kick Off', they get various fans on, don't need to pretend to support anyone.

Honestly who cares if they get to go on Sky, BBC, Talksport etc? Doesn't bother me. Doesn't make them the face of the club either.
Why would they pretend to be United fans? Money, same reason the channels exist in the first place. I've never even heard of The Kick Off tbh so I can't comment on that.

You've got your view on them, I've got mine, there isn't really going to be a middle ground so lets move on.

SuperiorXI

Why would they pretend to be United fans? Money, same reason the channels exist in the first place. I've never even heard of The Kick Off tbh so I can't comment on that.

You've got your view on them, I've got mine, there isn't really going to be a middle ground so lets move on.
Fair enough, I hope you change your opinion at some point as it's entertaining content especially pre and post match but each to their own.

DoomSlayer

Fair enough, I hope you change your opinion at some point as it's entertaining content especially pre and post match but each to their own.
Some top reds are pissed off that other people from the fanbase have found a way to make a living of what used to be their "hobby", so to speak. :lol:

It's so easy to see through, fan channels have established themselves and are here to stay though, no doubt. Most of them are already much better than 99% of football shows and "analysis" that you see on TV.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Howson is awful. So cringeworthy that someone with such a large audience continues to peddle their agendas for and against certain players despite the reality of the players' ability and form.
I unsubbed for this reason, and others.

Robin

I only watch them for the 12 minutes or so match highlights, any United one on YouTube when we have won, then any of the Arsenal, scouse ones when they have lost, but the best one ever has to be the first 3 minutes of the Leeds one against us, it is hilarious, catch it on YouTube

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Maybe if they have a good interview otherwise only clips for comedy value. Their opinions hold no more weight than any other fan and some are as bad as on here.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
sometimes Goldbridge is a bit much and I do wish they'd get some people that are talented in front of the camera other than Flex, Mark and KG because the supporting cast outside of those are terrible but United Stand is probably the most entertaining overall. Stretford Paddock is dull as dishwater although I never used to mind Howson on his own channel until yesterday when he was still saying Luke Shaw was shite! haha at that point I knew his opinion was trash so I now I won't bother.
The people they have on that fan forum are dull as dishwater

Dr Fink

None. Goldbridge isn’t even a Utd fan, he talks utter garbage. The Stratford Paddock had its moments. All are just waffle.

DoomSlayer

I love how some people take themselves so seriously, that they go out of their way to say how "utter garbage" other fans are for voicing their opinion and creating a platform that resolves around the football club we all support. You couldn't make it up. :lol: