Which fan channels do you follow?

Irwinning

I'm not against these channels at all and fair play to them for carving out their own path on the likes of youtube and social media. More power to them.
But its not for me. I'm on youtube A LOT. Never watch TV and don't even own one. On occasion a United fan channel will auto play and none of them give me any enjoyment whatsoever.

My main complaint is that a lot of them are just attention seeking and annoying. There are others that model themselves as just average fans you would meet in the pub, which again, is unwatchable. Also its living in an echo chamber. Sure there will be debates on the merits of this player and that player etc, but I'm a United fan myself. I'm not learning anything by watching this, so if you cannot enlighten me and you cannot entertain me, then why waste my time?

BTW as for what I DO watch on YT, its the mainstream radio, podcasts and TV snippets, which is out of character for me, especially considering how mainstream media has become the cancer it is over the past 10 years...however that cancer has not yet metasticised into sporting coverage (BBC not withstanding. Their sports page may as well be the official website of the NFL...), I like a more balanced and wide ranging and professional, well-informed view. I'd also recommend COPA90 Stories. Their derby days series is a great insight into football around the world.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
None. Goldbridge isn’t even a Utd fan, he talks utter garbage. The Stratford Paddock had its moments. All are just waffle.
Is there anything credible to substantiate this? I’ve heard many say it but seen no evidence to back it up. His knowledge of the club is pretty broad.

Gavinb33

The United Stand is the dirt worst I wouldn't follow them even if I was lost and they knew the right way.

The Paddock lads seem like most normal match going fans, I follow a couple of them lads on Twitter but that's about it.

I go on AFTV when they lose although that's not as fun as it used to be because they all act up more for the camera than they used to

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
He's from Nottingham and like literally thousands of Utd fans who aren't from Manchester, he'd go see his local team play when he was younger, in this instance it was Forest. He's clearly a Utd fan, and its a bit cringe to see such a tired narrative be trotted out to bring him down.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The United Stand is a regular (almost every day).
Sometimes I watch Rants and Bants.
That's it.

I watch The United Stand, have done since it had 26k subs. Enjoy it and there is no more nonsense on there than in here to be fair.
Agreed. It's entertainment at the end of the day. That's why I watch football youtube channels.

roseguy64

No offence to the Ronaldo guy.. I think that’s his name. But man!!!!! I’m sure he’s a lovely guy behind the YouTube.... but don’t think that thing is for him.
Yeah the old FTD people are still the best on Stretford Paddock. Only Joe of the new ones has a bit about him. The others are meh.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

I think the click bait & sensationalist accusations that get levelled at United Stand are just modern day internet reporting. Mainstream outlets like sky will upload a YouTube video called “Keane & Carragher have HEATED argument” & it’s a mild debate. Goldbridge got annoying with his “Sancho deal THIS WEEK?” titles But he’s not doing anything the mainstream aren’t. He actively tries to stop the spread of misinformation & even kicked Saeed off for him claiming he had inside info & Sancho & Reguilon were done deals.

Suv666

Goldbridge is a comedy goldmine. I've never seem his channel but plenty of Goldbridge memes

El Zoido

Can't abide any of them. That Howson lad in particular is a clown. He simply cannot accept Luke Shaw is playing well and takes every opportunity to run him down.
His agenda against Shaw is so bizarre. Is there a personal reason? I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so consistently wrong in their opinion of a player.

romufc

He actively tries to stop the spread of misinformation & even kicked Saeed off for him claiming he had inside info & Sancho & Reguilon were done deals.
With alot of information, he is out there trying to clear up the news. The Saeed thing was funny.. he thought he had insider and both deals were done.

He is out there now campaigning against Ole.

Can7onA

None of them, they are all cringetastic.

(*Disclaimer; If Arsenal lose I'll watch AFTV so I feel better about my life)

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

With alot of information, he is out there trying to clear up the news. The Saeed thing was funny.. he thought he had insider and both deals were done.

He is out there now campaigning against Ole.
Still? We’re top of the league ffs :lol:

managers take time to adapt, if he wants a new manager right now with us entrenched in a title race he is more idiotic then I thought.

romufc

Still? We’re top of the league ffs :lol:

managers take time to adapt, if he wants a new manager right now with us entrenched in a title race he is more idiotic then I thought.
After every draw / Loss you see it.. this manager is crap, he put the wrong team, he didnt attack. He is naive and out of his depth.. why would you play Pogba right, Why is McTominay playing...

Its the one time ever I have seen a team on top and the own fans don't give credit to the manager. After all he is in a show with Rants who says he would rather die than support Ole.

SuperiorXI

Some top reds are pissed off that other people from the fanbase have found a way to make a living of what used to be their "hobby", so to speak. :lol:

It's so easy to see through, fan channels have established themselves and are here to stay though, no doubt. Most of them are already much better than 99% of football shows and "analysis" that you see on TV.
I am really getting the 'old man shouts at cloud' vibe from some of the outbursts :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You don’t watch any football content at all?
I only watch ESPN and the only reason I can think of is that it's well produced, as their content and punditry is absolute garbage, so I'm not steering clear of that as well. I'd watch youtube football content if they were any good. But they're terribly mediocre and way behind other genre's on the medium

Gavinb33

After every draw / Loss you see it.. this manager is crap, he put the wrong team, he didnt attack. He is naive and out of his depth.. why would you play Pogba right, Why is McTominay playing...

Its the one time ever I have seen a team on top and the own fans don't give credit to the manager. After all he is in a show with Rants who says he would rather die than support Ole.
Rants is by far the worst of all of them on these channel type things, what he was saying about Rashford maybe at the start of last season IIRC that he was only picked because he is English, not good enough for United should be loaned to a championship team etc etc and now his agenda against the manager he is an utter utter clown, i think there is a wide difference between how these people are seen online in comparison to the majority match going fans at OT

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
No offence to the Ronaldo guy.. I think that’s his name. But man!!!!! I’m sure he’s a lovely guy behind the YouTube.... but don’t think that thing is for him.
Yeah, that's his name. His brother is called Rivaldo and his sister is called Trezeguet. And I'm not joking.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I occasionally watch the channel with the two old guys. They're quite incoherent at times but they've got abit of character about them.

SuperiorXI

I occasionally watch the channel with the two old guys. They're quite incoherent at times but they've got abit of character about them.
Yeah they're good too, Webby and O'Neill, no one can tell me they aren't proper fans, so blatantly obvious with all their history around the club and stories they have. The idea that these are not proper fans is a myth.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Yeah they're good too, Webby and O'Neill, no one can tell me they aren't proper fans, so blatantly obvious with all their history around the club and stories they have. The idea that these are not proper fans is a myth.
Wow, who's been saying this ?
They're quite clearly proper United fans.

croadyman

I know Howson divides opinion on here but did enjoy the Stretford Paddock podcast where he talked about the famous Mirror front cover where loads of celebrities were asked their opinion on us pulling out of the FA Cup. He also talked about when he ran up a phone bill from ringing the Utd Clubcall back in the day (only source of club news before the internet and social media for younger ones)

Gabriel Allon

None. I occasionally have a look to see what Andy Tate is saying because I find him quite amusing. I only know of Adam and Howson by name. The former is absolutely clueless and the latter is too far up himself. They have a professional production but combined they have the charisma of a mouldy bag of cabbages.

As bad as it sounds, I kind of wish Man Utd had entertaining characters like AFTV. They’ll be out there somewhere but not in front of the camera as far as I’ve noticed.

lex talionis

I'll skim around the usual suspects that have been mentioned here, but I suggest no one take any of these channels seriously. Footballing matters are much better here than on these youtube channels.

The United Stand is the most slickly produced and it's good fun, but Goldbridge says pretty much all he has to say after in the first 10 minutes. Hanging on any longer than that is a bloody waste of one's time.

croadyman

Well at least the likes of KG, Flex & McKola will realise that 21 isn't coming for a while yet after that utterly diabolical result tonight and definitely our most gutless performance since Instabulshit

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Said it elsewhere - I have no problem in outing myself as a fan of TUS and Goldbridge.
In my opinion he offers an entertaining mix of hilarious banter and some good analytical stuff. Always have the watch alongs on one ear during our games.

His commentary is not worse than what most commentators or pundits have to say.

Balotelli's Bib

Supports
Arsenal
I watch AFTV purely for Robbie, DT and Turkish.

Win lose or draw i enjoy their content. They generally offer a fairly reasonable conversation or debate unlike the other ones like Ty or Troops. I respect troops but he is far too about himself and his brand for me have any interest.

I've tried watching others like Goldbridge but find it a bit dull, which is why I prefer to come on to Redcafe and read opinions on all things related to United.

Either way, from what I've seen no teams fans are exempt from drinking their own bathwater from time to time, so I try to enjoy it all for what it is.