Which player do you dislike the most?

Ladron de redcafe

I'm not sure why people are comfortable saying they dislike footballers. We can dislike their play and the effect they have on the team, but we don't really know these people. Disliking athletes on an individual levels seems a little odd.

KingCavani

I’m hearing the current issues are English and Portuguese but yeah this again only reiterates the point. Jose left and proved to be the same at Spurs, perhaps the closest we’ve been to being a top team again was after lockdown 433 and needed probably a CB and DM plus adding Sancho for another top young forward. Martial and Pogba were big parts of that, are not currently part of a team that are imploding yet once again take the blame from some fans who they live in the head of…..consider this…..neither are part of the team currently and haven’t been for months. Neither are part of the cliques causing issues on the pitch presently.

But yeah will be all well and good when they’ve gone and players like King Cavani are left who really want to be here.
We were no closer under Ole to being a top team than we were in 2018. What nonsense.

Jose was finished and we should have sacked him in summer of 2018 if we were going to undermine him like we did. We did nothing and instead let a bad situation fester. It is absolutely undeniable though that selling Pogba and Martial then would be better for the club. Even if we signed no one else in that summer.

Martial has become an albatross around the club's neck. Earning Mo Saleh wages while playing at the level of a lazy Andros Townsend. He's a professional disgrace and the effort he brings on the pitch can only make you wonder how worse it must be in training. Rewarding such people is exactly how you fester the sort of toxic complacency which has spread throughout the team. Nothing sums up the lowering of standards quite like giving Martial that contract. No one else in the world will pay him close to that for good reason.

There's not much more to be said about Pogba that hasn't already. When he isn't undermining the club and manager through his agent he's either injured or playing one good game every five. Again your point about them no being part of the team would be relevant if the team was good when they were last playing and we most certainly were not. The current issues have been going on for 4 years - Stop acting like everything was fine before they got injured. This is exactly the sort of reactionary nonsense that you hear all the time. They have been a huge part of this mess for years.

Imagine thinking a username can make your point. Cavani can feck off too if he wants, although I can understand if he's growing tired of putting Martial to shame.

IrishMcD

I'm not sure why people are comfortable saying they dislike footballers. We can dislike their play and the effect they have on the team, but we don't really know these people. Disliking athletes on an individual levels seems a little odd.
Well I guess I am a lorry load of odd then, because I cant stand the majority of the spinless, soft, useless fools.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I absolutely hate the sight of all of them except for Ronaldo, Varane, Jones, Telles, DDG, Dalot, McTominay, Cavani and Fred.

Oldyella

People really need to gain some perspective in their lives if they are driven to hate some men who run around a field kicking a football (sometimes even in the right direction!)

stevoc

Hate is a strong word. Dislike is probably a better word. Most of the English contingnent (Rashford, Wan Bissaka, Maguire, Lingard) and Martial for me. Cant be bothered if they feck off tomorrow. For how shit McTominay plays he still worked hard on the field and never sulk unlike the players mentioned before him
:lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
We were no closer under Ole to being a top team than we were in 2018. What nonsense.

Jose was finished and we should have sacked him in summer of 2018 if we were going to undermine him like we did. We did nothing and instead let a bad situation fester. It is absolutely undeniable though that selling Pogba and Martial then would be better for the club. Even if we signed no one else in that summer.

Martial has become an albatross around the club's neck. Earning Mo Saleh wages while playing at the level of a lazy Andros Townsend. He's a professional disgrace and the effort he brings on the pitch can only make you wonder how worse it must be in training. Rewarding such people is exactly how you fester the sort of toxic complacency which has spread throughout the team. Nothing sums up the lowering of standards quite like giving Martial that contract. No one else in the world will pay him close to that for good reason.

There's not much more to be said about Pogba that hasn't already. When he isn't undermining the club and manager through his agent he's either injured or playing one good game every five. Again your point about them no being part of the team would be relevant if the team was good when they were last playing and we most certainly were not. The current issues have been going on for 4 years - Stop acting like everything was fine before they got injured. This is exactly the sort of reactionary nonsense that you hear all the time. They have been a huge part of this mess for years.

Imagine thinking a username can make your point. Cavani can feck off too if he wants, although I can understand if he's growing tired of putting Martial to shame.did I aclike
Where did I act like everything was ok ? The point being that these two players you mention are not part of the current on field issues ravaging the club. In fact off the field my information is it’s largely English players that are causing issues for the new manager and also the cliques are forming between an English core and the Portuguese.

As for us undeniably being better….only if you shut your eyes to performances which lead to results. We need/needed to be a top four team for the Glazers business model and both players you mention have been integral to those finishes….albeit Player of The Year for 2020 Martial didn’t contribute last season and his time is up. Pogba delivers consistently as much as anyone else in terms of top class performances but I do see the argument that everyone can feck off and I subscribe to it.

What I don’t subscribe to is scapegoating two players for the current plight that are nothing to do with it.

Withnail

Well I guess I am a lorry load of odd then, because I cant stand the majority of the spinless, soft, useless fools.
It's not really true, is it? I'd assume you hate that some of them play for United.

You wouldn't continue to hate them if they were sold off to another team, would you?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I have to say Harry Maguire epitomises everything I hate about United right now - and I know some people think it's harsh to say it.

Of course through no fault of his own, he carries the ridiculous price - but it's there and you can't get away from it and it probably taints my opinion.

He gets the captains armband after what 6 months? I know the group has lacked a genuine leader for a long period of time, but giving the strap to Maguire was career suicide from Solskjaer.

His expressions and gestures on the pitch. From a captain playing as a CB, the expectation isn't arms in the air and those stupid grimaces on his face. You want to see him organising things, talking to the team, giving out orders and looking like he'd run through a brick wall. He displays nothing but finger pointing and the blame game half of the time.

Playing no matter how bad he is - this is a fact for a lot of players at Manchester United in 2022. The likes of Maguire, Fred, McTominay, Ronaldo, Rashford and AWB continue to play regularly no matter how bad they are. Maguire has had some serious lows as a United player, but only seems to be rewarded with more starts - baffles me.

His presence in the media - the man is all talk. It's the same interview every time there is a negative noise. "This isn't good enough for this club, we need to be better, we'll go again next week"...there comes a point where you can't be spoon-fed anymore shit without reacting and I'm at that point as a fan.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
McT. Not so much for his ball skills (or lack of) but because he's got the most punchable face of the whole squad.

Can't look at Elanga either. I'm sure he's half vulcan.

GMoore23

Hate is a strong word to target against someone you don't even know. I will say this though.
I absolutely hate what football has become.

KingCavani

Where did I act like everything was ok ? The point being that these two players you mention are not part of the current on field issues ravaging the club. In fact off the field my information is it’s largely English players that are causing issues for the new manager and also the cliques are forming between an English core and the Portuguese.

As for us undeniably being better….only if you shut your eyes to performances which lead to results. We need/needed to be a top four team for the Glazers business model and both players you mention have been integral to those finishes….albeit Player of The Year for 2020 Martial didn’t contribute last season and his time is up. Pogba delivers consistently as much as anyone else in terms of top class performances but I do see the argument that everyone can feck off and I subscribe to it.

What I don’t subscribe to is scapegoating two players for the current plight that are nothing to do with it.
They absolutely are part of the issues - These are long term problems that didn't develop over night. These issues with cliques and complacency been going on since 2018 - Lukaku and Sanchez both said as much when they joined Inter. Pogba and Martial have been at the heart of everything wrong with the club since then.

Oh I'm well aware that they've been integral to the Glazers model. What a point to make. 2020 Player of The Year Martial who we literally couldn't sell if we tried. Reckless spending with skewed priorities and rewarding inconsistency with elite level contracts has epitomised the Glazer business model. No clubs pays more for less.

They have everything to do with it. The idea that because two players aren't playing every week that their influence on the group disappears is just insane.

GL21

Fred.

Looks like he's a nice family man but who gives a feck about that...on the pitch he's so frustrating. Gets a lot of praise for effort but it's heavily outweighed by his incompetence. Spends most of the game with an apologetic hand up to teammates for the ball he 'should' have played.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
These days I struggle to even look at Rashford, so fed up with him.
Pogba also, can’t wait to see him gone. Extremely tired of Bailly aswell.

Red Rash

I don't think I necessarily dislike the players however I'm beginning to resent some of the players who keep getting picked despite being consistently terrible

BigBebe

I have to say Harry Maguire epitomises everything I hate about United right now - and I know some people think it's harsh to say it.

Of course through no fault of his own, he carries the ridiculous price - but it's there and you can't get away from it and it probably taints my opinion.

He gets the captains armband after what 6 months? I know the group has lacked a genuine leader for a long period of time, but giving the strap to Maguire was career suicide from Solskjaer.

His expressions and gestures on the pitch. From a captain playing as a CB, the expectation isn't arms in the air and those stupid grimaces on his face. You want to see him organising things, talking to the team, giving out orders and looking like he'd run through a brick wall. He displays nothing but finger pointing and the blame game half of the time.

Playing no matter how bad he is - this is a fact for a lot of players at Manchester United in 2022. The likes of Maguire, Fred, McTominay, Ronaldo, Rashford and AWB continue to play regularly no matter how bad they are. Maguire has had some serious lows as a United player, but only seems to be rewarded with more starts - baffles me.

His presence in the media - the man is all talk. It's the same interview every time there is a negative noise. "This isn't good enough for this club, we need to be better, we'll go again next week"...there comes a point where you can't be spoon-fed anymore shit without reacting and I'm at that point as a fan.

I agree with all of this but the real reason he winds me up is that he just doesn't look like an athlete. In fact, when he runs, he reminds me of a forklift truck but slower and less mobile.

When I see him on the pitch, I don't see a United captain I just see a forklift truck.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Any of the British lads. If they’re British AND they’ve played under SAF then I properly fecking hate them. If they’re British, played under SAF AND they’re part of the non-playing staff…now those guys really make me want to vomit. fecking Brits.

Ixion

These days I struggle to even look at Rashford, so fed up with him.
Pogba also, can’t wait to see him gone. Extremely tired of Bailly aswell.
What the heck has Baily done wrong, he's barely played

Pickle85

What ongoing positivity about Martial? I don’t think I’ve posted anything positive about him in a year or maybe more. I think you’re confusing me with someone else.

My reply was based on a poster trying to rewrite history that if only we’d kept Jose and sold Pogba and Martial everything would’ve been ok and he would/was/is right.

The problem being those two both performed to a high standard for sustained periods on the other side of Jose….where Jose went and did the same job at Spurs.

Martial now……He’s already gone in my head. I agree he’s nothing anymore. It’s a shame but it’s just over for him here.
Fair enough, maybe I am - apologies if so!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
They absolutely are part of the issues - These are long term problems that didn't develop over night. These issues with cliques and complacency been going on since 2018 - Lukaku and Sanchez both said as much when they joined Inter. Pogba and Martial have been at the heart of everything wrong with the club since then.

Oh I'm well aware that they've been integral to the Glazers model. What a point to make. 2020 Player of The Year Martial who we literally couldn't sell if we tried. Reckless spending with skewed priorities and rewarding inconsistency with elite level contracts has epitomised the Glazer business model. No clubs pays more for less.

They have everything to do with it. The idea that because two players aren't playing every week that their influence on the group disappears is just insane.
:lol: It’s why they were sold.

The current issues are mainly festering between English and Portuguese fractions and with players not performing to order on the pitch. Is everything else rosy? I’d very much doubt it, but you pinning the blame for the current crisis on Pogba and Martial is ridiculous. They started all this back in 2018:lol: sure they did.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I'm less favorably inclined towards Paul Ince than I've been in the past.

KingCavani

:lol: It’s why they were sold.

The current issues are mainly festering between English and Portuguese fractions and with players not performing to order on the pitch. Is everything else rosy? I’d very much doubt it, but you pinning the blame for the current crisis on Pogba and Martial is ridiculous. They started all this back in 2018:lol: sure they did.

Why they were sold doesn't exactly matter - Their observations are still worthwhile. They could have pointed to anything but they specifically pointed to the cliques. This was before we had most of the Portuguese contingent you blame.

The current issues aren't just "current" - They're long standing, which is my point, and the thread is asking which players you dislike, not which players you blame for the current results. For the overall state at the club, the standards, the atmosphere in the dressing room - Martial and Pogba have been influence that long before most of the Portuguese and English even arrived.

The loyalty to two players who literally don't want to be here, who've undermined several manager on and off the pitch, who don't even look bothered when they're on the pitch is just astounding. Literally like a cult.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Why they were sold doesn't exactly matter - Their observations are still worthwhile. They could have pointed to anything but they specifically pointed to the cliques. This was before we had most of the Portuguese contingent you blame.

The current issues aren't just "current" - They're long standing, which is my point, and the thread is asking which players you dislike, not which players you blame for the current results. For the overall state at the club, the standards, the atmosphere in the dressing room - Martial and Pogba have been influence that long before most of the Portuguese and English even arrived.

The loyalty to two players who literally don't want to be here, who've undermined several manager on and off the pitch, who don't even look bothered when they're on the pitch is just astounding. Literally like a cult.
But it’s strange given that both are going, not playing that you are ignoring everything that is going on at the present, with this group of players and heaping blame on two players who have nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch currently.

I get the hatred…..it seeps into every post, that’s absolutely your choice….but blaming them alone for this current mess is absurd.

KingCavani

But it’s strange given that both are going, not playing that you are ignoring everything that is going on at the present, with this group of players and heaping blame on two players who have nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch currently.

I get the hatred…..it seeps into every post, that’s absolutely your choice….but blaming them alone for this current mess is absurd.
Jesus. This is strawman city.

What is happening at present did not suddenly appear in a puff of smoke - This atmosphere has been cultivated for a long time. Players feel entitled to undermine management and the club because others have gotten away with it. Plays feel they can drop off in standards because this club has rewarded people who've done so. Again - This thread did not ask about what's happening on the pitch currently - It asked which players I disliked and unlike a lot of people here I base my decisions based on what I've seen over years rather than the last few weeks.

"Blaming them alone" - Never said anything resembling that. Nothing but strawmen. Ridiculous.