Which players have credit in the bank for you?

podurban2

De Gea
Varane
Bruno
Sancho
Dalot
Cavani
Elanga
Fred (bench)
McTominay (bench)
Lindelöf (bench)

That’s it. The rest can be sold.

Withnail

The only reason DDG has credit is his shot stopping. I still believe give another keeper time in goal, we will have 80% of DDG's shot stopping but we will have a all round keeper, sweeping up, claiming crosses and passing out well.
Well not if he keeps going like this, we won't. The only other keeper, in the PL, within 20% of him on performance against post shot XG is Sa.

De Gea: +9
Sa: +7.4

After that it's Allison + 3.6

To replace De Gea, yes we need a modern keeper who can do all that other stuff and it may result in less chances conceded but there's very few anywhere near him at keeping goals out in this kind of form.

OmarUnited4ever

In my view every player that had credit has used it up this season.

No player has any remaining credits left including Bruno and Rashford.

Its been a shit show of a season, however bad individually we are, the attackers dont want to work as a team either.
My thoughts exactly.

Sancho & Varane are in their first season so maybe they deserve some patience

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Ronaldo
Maguire

Both having better seasons than people here are letting on. First names on the team sheet. Bite

RkkMan

If we're including youth players on loan these are the ones I wouldn't mind building a team round from next season
Varane- Starter
Lindelof- Squad player
Dalot- Squad player
Laird- One more season out on loan to a PL team then we can assess if he's first team material
Shaw- Starter(may be unpopular but IMO going through a tough spell. Very few LBs better than him when in form)
Telles- Squad player
Mctominay- Squad player
Garner- Squad player
VDB- Want to see him being given a chance under a new man preferably ETH
Bruno- Starter
Sancho- Starter
Elanga- Squad player
Amad- Squad player
Hannibal- Squad player as he keeps growing
Anyone I haven't mentioned needs to be sold between this coming summer and 2023. We'll never be a team capable of playing on the front foot without a sweeper GK, an all rounded No9 or a CB that can play a high line hence my exclusions of De Gea(despite his "form") Ronaldo and Maguire plus I don't believe Henderson is good enough so IMO we need a new GK. AWB genuinely makes me miss Valencia the RB version he's by far one of our worst signings in recent history for £50m who has no place in this team. Fred is a decent player but for £52m he's had a below average ROI. With one year left on his deal I'd sell and use Garner in his place as a rotational option with much bigger potential. Pogba has never shown any consistency form or fitness wise in his 6 years here the contract offer should be withdrawn and he should be let go of to rebuild our midfield.
And this may go against the grain but Rashford needs to be sold if PSG or Barcelona are willing to offer big money and reinvest it into a left footed RW. It's not dawned on everyone yet but he's very close to hitting his ceiling. The same mistakes he had when he broke through with decision making and inconsistency are still there coupled with annoying laziness stemming from him buying into his own hype. He's slowly heading down the Martial route of unfulfilled potential and no amount of coaching will make him a top class RW or improve on his already existing problems on the LW where Sancho is better and has much bigger potential that can still be harnessed

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Yeah, he is who he is, but it's not for lack of trying and effort or a woe is me attitude like some of our players. He's a great player to have in the squad, but not necessary starting every week.

I would also include Shaw and Maguire. They were so damn good this past summer in the Euros...not sure wth is going on with them, but I have to believe there is some good form still in there somewhere.

Tap

Ddg and at a stretch, Cavani, Ronaldo and Bruno.

None from the English players

Devil81

Ronaldo, mainly due to his legendary status. Other than that I struggle to give any of the senior first team players any credits.

The likes of Elanga get a free pass as well.

Bruno, Rashford and Maguire come in for the harshest criticism from me, all have had shocking seasons. I wouldn't care too much if all three were sold.

Now I known people will defend Bruno and think I'm mad but he's become a bit of a luxury we can't afford at this time, constantly giving the ball away to opposition players. Somebody needs to grab him by the scruff of his neck and tell him to keep it simple, the Hollywood balls are causing more damage than they are doing good.

As for Rashford, I just don't think he's anywhere near as good as we believed he'd be and also what he actually thinks he is. Whether it's injuries or of field interests he looks a lost player to me.

UnitedFire

De gea does not give his all.

If Rashford is shouted out for not tracking back to help his fullbacks then De Gea is not giving it his all to try and help his defenders by coming off his line.

De gea is one of the least with credit for me.
I can understand the criticism of De Gea. Stats show he is well down the list for sweeping actions and with a slow Maguire in front of him that is a liability, albeit one that is poor recruitment compatibility, rather than pointing at one of them.

On the other hand the last stats I saw suggested he has made the highest saves in the league. A stat than in its own right is not hugely helpful, but we have to assume that's a high percentage.

He is also the first GK in 6 years to win player of the month.

To say De Gea is one of the least with credit is insane.

He has been one of our best players over the last 10 years and will almost certainly be player of the year this year after having had a couple of rockier years.

youmeletsfly

Elanga
Pogba
Varane
Sancho
Telles
Ronnie

Other than that, I don't think any of the others deserve the shirt, including Bruno.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I can understand the criticism of De Gea. Stats show he is well down the list for sweeping actions and with a slow Maguire in front of him that is a liability, albeit one that is poor recruitment compatibility, rather than pointing at one of them.

On the other hand the last stats I saw suggested he has made the highest saves in the league. A stat than in its own right is not hugely helpful, but we have to assume that's a high percentage.

He is also the first GK in 6 years to win player of the month.

To say De Gea is one of the least with credit is insane.

He has been one of our best players over the last 10 years and will almost certainly be player of the year this year after having had a couple of rockier years.
That's fine and that's your opinion.

For me, he is a fantastic reflex goalkeeper.

Yet his performances are coming due to his decision to stay deep on the line as possible.

The further you are from ball, the chances you reflex to make a save is better because you are far from it and staying on the line.

He is the equivalent to a predatory striker that just stays and works in the box. Sure its great, but ultimately it does effect the team and how it plays.

In the last game he kicked the ball straight to the opposition aswell, if it was any of our defenders they would have got killed for it but with De Gea, not so much.

He is a predatory striker that doesn't track back, he may keep the score low but you could argue that he isn't exactly keeping it a clean sheet either for someone who does nothing except use his reflexes.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
De Gea is the one with the most credit in the bank for me but that's only really in terms of how I'll view him after he leaves rather than when I'll think he should leave.

He already has 470+ appearances and multiple years where he was our best player in the bag, so his status was secure however this season went. But realistically if it wasn't for his outstanding shot-stopping form this season I'd already want him replaced, because that's all that's compensating for the many areas he's weak. And if/when his shot-stopping form diminishes again, I'll still want him replaced.

Whereas someone like Sancho has nowhere near the credit in the bank in terms of status/legacy that De Gea does and hasn't even performed as well as him this season, but if I was building a squad from scratch he'd probably make the cut ahead of DDG because I see fewer issues with him when projecting ahead.

So basically the things that give players credit in that sense would be being new arrivals, me thinking there were extenuating circumstances for them being bad recently or me thinking they still have room to improve under the right system and the right coaching. So for me that would be Sancho, Varane, Bruno, Elanga, Rashford, etc.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
De Gea and to a much lesser extent Lindelof.

Sancho and Varane are not on the list, so they're more N/As.

Everyone else is fair game and in some cases even moreso.

justsomebloke

Bruno. De Gea, a bit, although his great form this year is maybe more downpayment on his goodwill deficit from the past couple of seasons. Maybe Varane. Nobody else really.

Polar

De Gea
Varane
Bruno
Sancho
Dalot
Cavani
Elanga
Fred (bench)
McTominay (bench)
Lindelöf (bench)
Spot on except from Dalot. He isn’t good enough to be more than a “bench alternative”. I actually prefer AWB on a good day, and I don’t think we’ve seen the last from him.

The current number of players on your list, @podurban2, is a great concern. We can likely cross out Cavani very soon as well.

fezzerUTD

What a shockingly sh!t question, none of them. Each one should be playing to start the next game. If you play rubbish you don’t start. Same with playing to instructions.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
In my view every player that had credit has used it up this season.

No player has any remaining credits left including Bruno and Rashford.

Its been a shit show of a season, however bad individually we are, the attackers dont want to work as a team either.
Considering that De Gea had been mostly great this season how did he manage to use his credits up?

tomaldinho1

Once players try to leave I don't really care about them that much, don't get why DDG is on so many lists. Only reason there haven't been rumours/his wife telling everyone how he wants Real is because he's playing well for the first time since summer 18...

Bruno genuinely cares which I do rate and he really was the sole reason we recovered or form the season he came in during Jan. He's been very erratic but he really did carry us for over a year and he's got credit in the bank.
Varane and Sancho given they are new.
Technically Donny still has credit given he's still not played :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
De Gea — he’s already a club legend and it won’t change for me. He’s also one of my favorites and I can’t say how glad I am that he’s playing great again. That’s not so say that he’s immune to criticism and you can certainly argue that a more proactive keeper can be better for more proactive tactics.

Bruno — he has carried us for a long time & he still continues to produce even when horribly out of form. If he had any issues with his workrate I could potentially have some issues with him in the future he hasn’t.

Sancho, Varane — both had just came in and I quite like both of them & don’t have any issues with them whatsoever. That’s to say that they can’t improve.

There are also some players that aren’t good enough but I’m quite fond of because of their attitude (like Fred, Donny and Cavani — although the latter has some weird spells off the pitch) & academy products that get a lot of leeway by default.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
All of them. I strongly believe that in general players performances and consistency are situational, so I have a hard time writing them off. I may have players that I see as bad fits due to their skillsets, age or contracts situations but even then it's circumstantial.

JB7

Care to elaborate?
Have done countless times in the De Gea performances thread. The number of goals he has been at partially at fault for has been ridiculous. He’s a very good shot stopper but half the time most goalkeepers wouldn’t need to face the shot because they’d have come out 10-15 seconds earlier and picked the ball up, or caught the cross. He offers no help to his defenders whatsoever and somehow has people conned into believing standard “that’s a massive error if he lets it in” shots such as Weghorst last week or Neves v Wolves at home, are great saves.

Skills

Snitch
Most of them. The situations not been good at the club for a long time.

We've "invested in youth" financially but then have left it under the guidance of complete amateurs or in Mourinhos case hostile managers.

The upper management has never acted quick enough to create a good situation around the club when things fall apart.

The fanbase is genuinely terrible, who would eat shit if it was fed to them by anyone who held the United Managers title and are easily riled by anything and any story the media wants to make up.

It's not a great club to be at if you're a player. At least we pay well.

honirelandboy

McT has consistently performed well for us and it’s clear he would do anything for the club- lots of credit in my eyes
Pity Djemba Djemba was a better footballer than him. I don't think he's even good enough for the bench.
I'd say Sancho, Bruno, Varane, De Gea, Telles, Dalot and probably VDB have plenty of credit in the bank.

redshaw

Maybe DDG and Bruno at a push. 6-12 months ago I'd say Rashford as well but he's been burning his credit away

Abraxas

I wouldn't say any of them have credit in the bank.

There is a distinction between somebody that has been so good for so long that they maybe deserve some loyalty and patience and the simple fact that we simply can't get rid of everyone so have to prioritise who is most likely to come good. There are very few players that fall into that first category, but there are a number falling into the latter.

It's pretty obvious we probably have to work with DeGea, Varane, Sancho, Fernandes, probably Maguire and you can throw a few more names in. For varying commercial and performance based reasons, either we can't get rid or it wouldn't be in our interest to because at some stage they've been very good or have the potential to be.

But that's not many names, the list of ones that have no obvious reason to be retained is quite long. Most will stay simply because we can't sell 10 in one summer, but over the next few years we could see a complete sea change depending on the next manager and next season's performance.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Bruno & DDG above everyone else.

Varane, Lindelöf, Telles, Sancho, Fred, McT have carried themselves well.

Dalot & Elanga are a breath of fresh air, giving their absolute all.

CR7 is the reason we're still in CL. Kept saving us so much earlier on, I think he's burnt himself out & is paying for it now.

The rest have been useless, & need to have a long look in the mirror.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Dalot
DDG
Bruno
Sancho
Beek
Varane
Elanga
McT
Lindelof

The rest are either past their prime, lazy or not good enough.

Roboc7

The big issue is that the club don’t need you to have much credit to get more chances and even get a new contract/pay rise.

Luke Shaw for example has been here nearly 8 years and has probably had one season where he’s met expectations (obviously have to take injury into account for some of that). He’s followed that one season with a poor season so how long until he has another good one?. Players seem to live off their best spells, let alone whole seasons of good performances.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Honestly all of them (bar the usual suspects who never make the XI). I'm not writing them off after one season where they've all been crap

Mike Smalling

The ones that grind my gears to varying degrees are Lingard, Rashford, Maguire, Shaw and Wan-Bissaka. Weirdly that's almost all our English players

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
DDG for carrying is for many years and Bruno for carrying us over the recent years. Ronaldo too for his past with us, great memories.

jm99

De gea
Shaw
Varane
Pogba
Bruno
Ronaldo
Sancho

These are the only players in our team that are really capable of playing in a title winning side and unfortunately Ronaldo likely doesn't have another season in him. I've been far less critical than others because he's largely playing alongside donkeys that aren't on his wavelength but even at that he'll be 38 next year. But we shouldn't get rid either we just need to buy a centre forward and have Ronaldo as our substitute option.

Sancho, pogba and Bruno are inconsistent this season but they clearly have the talent and more importantly they actually look to make things happen.

This summer we really need two centre mids, a centre back, a right back, a left winger, a centre forward and to renew pogba's contract. I reckon we'll get a centre mid and a centre forward, and maybe one other position. But we should be aiming to replace every player not mentioned in the seven above, not that they're all fantastic but they're certainly capable of playing in title winning teams

Blood Mage

De Gea, Varane, Sancho, Dalot and Pogba. I wouldn't be sad to see anyone else leave tbh.