Self proclaimed tagline king.
Romero - reliable and happy to be back up if we bring in someone better
Dalot - potential
Bailly - crazy
Lindelof - seems to have settled
Shaw - if he stops snacking at night
McTominay - #gayforMcTominay
Fred - I think there's a good player in there somewhere
Rashford - local, still has potential, club needs to take the pressure off of him
Mata - skillful, intelligent player who can help others develop. Good guy to have in your squad.

trafford1980

Personally I would rather we Thanos'd the feck out of our squad and rebuilt from the ground up.

I have no problem with finishing 4th-through-8th next season if we're essentially clearing house, buying homegrown kids and mapping out a clear, sustainable style of play.

Keep:

Romero
Henderson (return from Sheffield United)
Lindelof
Jones or Smalling ( not both)
Young
Shaw
Dalot
Tuanzebe (return from Villa)
McTominay
Fred
Herrera (new deal)
Garner
Gomes
Lingard
Martial
Rashford
Lukaku
Greenwood
Chong

Buy:

New centre-back - Koulibaly, Alderweireld or Nathan Ake.
New right-back - Aaron Wan-Bissaka or Max Aarons.
New centre-mid - Declan Rice
New centre-mid - Fernandes, Tielemans or Grealish.
New attacker - Sancho or Felix.

Sell:

De Gea
Rojo
Bailly
Jones or Smalling
Darmian
Fosu-Mensah
Valencia
Matic
Pogba
Perreira
Mata
Sanchez

always_hoping

DeGea,Bailly,Lindelof,Smalling,Shaw,Dalot,Pogba,Rashford,Martial,Fred,Herrera,McTominay,Greenwood,Chong,Garner are the only ones i'd keep. Out of the list i'd name Lindelof as captain, probably United's most consistent performer in an awful season and shows a bit of leadership.

Problem with that list is Degea,Pogba won't be here long term. Herrera,Bailly looks gone already. Placing my faith in Fred to come good. With a better squad McTominay,Smalling should be subs at best and hoping the younger players excel.

Waynne

DDG
Romero
Shaw
Dalot
McTominay (I did a 180 on this)
Pogba
Lindelof
Lingard (literally only because he occasionally changes a game - last name on teen sheet)

None of the others. Rashford thinks he's Ronaldo and it's annoying.

Though I'd be willing to give up any of them for free if it guarantees the loss of Young/Smalling/Jones.
You won't challenge for top honours with the likes of Lingaard in your squad. He wouldn't get into Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Madrid, Juventus, City or even Liverpool.

Web of Bissaka

Definitely: McTominay, Romero, Dalot, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Henderson and the kids (Greenwood, Chong, Gomes and the rest).

Keep for now: Pogba, Rashford, Andreas Pereira, Fred, Shaw, Smalling, TFM, Mitchell

Only if he's used as squad player, no more as permanent starter: Matic

Depends on contract: De Gea, Herrera

The rest can f off.

---

Just 19 (+2) players.
5 ATK -- Rashford, Chong, Greenwood, Gomes, Pereira
4 or 5 MID -- Pogba, Fred, McTominay, Matic, (Herrera?)
5 SDEF -- Dalot, Shaw, TFM, Mitchell, O'Connor
3 CDEF -- Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Smalling
3 or 2 KEEP -- (De Gea?), Romero, Henderson

Kopral Jono

The likes of Tuanzebe, Chong and Greenwood aside...

De Gea
Romero
Grant/Pereira/Henderson (not that this matters too much)
Shaw
Smalling
Lindelof
Dalot
McTominay
Herrera
Pogba (when he bothers to turn up)
Mata
Lukaku

That's just about it. It's sad.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Players we should keep:

Romero - good backup, never complain
McTominay - young, hardworking and improving
Greenwood - young talent, looks promising
Shaw - decent player who does his job ok
Rashford - young n learning n talented, inconsistent though
Martial - young n learning n talented, inconsistent though
Lingard - he is loyal and does his job ok
Lindelof - decent CB, does his job ok
Smalling - average but experience, does his job ok
Dalot - he’s young and deserves more time
Pereira - he’s young, that’s about it

Players we might not keep:

De Gea - contract issue, loyalty issues
Pogba - loyalty issues
Herrera - contract issues
Lukaku - loyalty issues, not fit in our system
Mata - I like Mata but he is weak and slow
Fred - not sure about him, deserve another year though
Bailey - not sure about him, looks talent but unreliable, can keep another year or sell

Players we should sell:

Valencia - totally past it
Young - become liability at back
Jones - he’s clumsy
Sanchez - he is our worst forward on highest wage and our biggest flop, sell at all cost
Darmian - is he still at our club?
Rojo - it’s good for both parties if he leaves
Matic - he slowed us down

RyRy11

GK:
  • DDG - keep (but I think he’s off)
  • Romero - keep (if DDG goes he ca be 1st Choice until We make a decision on Henderson)
  • Grant - get rid
DF:
  • Young - get rid
  • Jones - get rid (may have to keep him as squad rotation if we are gutting the squad)
  • Smalling - keep (squad rotation)
  • Lindelof - keep needs a world class CB next to him
  • Shaw - keep (long term he will need upgraded)
  • Dalot - keep (hopefully he can improve his game further)
  • Valencia - gone
  • Darmian - get rid
  • Rojo - get rid
  • Bailey - get rid (may keep for cover)
MD:
  • Pogba - get rid (toxic, our best player but he’s off to Madrid)
  • Herrera - keep (feel like he’s gone, rather play for PSG apparently)
  • Fred - keep (squad player, will need to improve on him long term)
  • Matic - get rid
  • Mata - get rid
  • McTominay - keep (surprising that he’s most likely my favourite player currently)
  • Lingard - keep (squad rotation, need to improve on him long term
  • Pereira - keep (only if we get rid of most of our midfield)
ATK:
  • Rashford - keep
  • Lukaku - get rid (doesn’t suit the football we should be playing)
  • Martial - keep (need to get rid sooner or later but in the right team he could improve)
  • Sanchez - get rid (might have to hold onto him for another year however)

If I had my way we would need:

Summer ‘19 - Starting RB, Starting CB, Starting CM, Starting CDM, Starting RW, Starting ST or LW are all musts.

Promote Greenwood, Garner, Chong and Gomez. Recall Tuanzebe.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Players I'd keep long term:
Shaw
Dalot
Mctominay
Ligard
Rashford

Players I'd keep short term and see how they get on:
Romero
Lindelof
Fred
Martial
Lukaku
Pereira

I'd also give these players a shot in the first team squad next season:
Tuanzebe
Henderson
Chong
Greenwood

I'd like to keep Herrera to, but have to face it he's gone

Enigma_87

You know who
DDG
Romero
Lindelof
Shaw
Dalot
Pogba
Herrera
Rashford
Martial

that's about it.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
After the squad has been revamped in 2 seasons, this is the list of players I'd like to still be here:

De Gea

Shaw
Lindelöf
Dalot

Herrera
McTominay
Lingard

Rashford
Lukaku

---

So not a lot of squad players left there.

I dont want Pogba to be here because he is such a frustrating character. On one hand he is this incredibly gifted, physical specimen of a footballer who can turn games around by sheer will. My problem is that he's extremely tempremental and sours fast. On himself, teammates, everyone.

Martial is not going to be the guy. He's a good player, but we need someone who is THE guy that scores the goals.

Bailly can go somewhere else and get red cards there.

etc etc.

Im not sure about Lukaku but I cant make myself wanting him gone, he's such a likeable character when he's on his game.

And I guess I see something in Lingard that few others do, and Rashford. Maybe im wrong, maybe not.

RedNed77

DdG
Romero
Dalot
Shaw
Young & Smalling(as backup and only to be played in drastic circumstances)
Lindelof
Tuanzebe
McTominay
Fred
Herrera
Mata
Rashford

And the academy players.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Keep De Gea, with a view to promoting Henderson next summer after a season long loan with Sheffield United, even if De Gea does sign a new deal, I would let him fight it out with Henderson over the next few years. Young has been poor for a number of games now, but will still be here next season, hopefully with a new RB, and a FIT Shaw, Young's appearances should be limited, would like to see O'Connor, Laird and Mitchell in the pre season, and I'm hopeful that at least one of those gets into the squad for next season. If we do sign a new CB, then Rojo certainly should go, Smalling is a good defender, but with VAR ,and his ability to bear hug players in our own penalty area means that he should also be shown the door. Jones, for now, can cover a few positions, so would keep for one more season as cover, Lindelof should stay, with Baillie, I would like to see have an injury free season, I still think there is a very good player in there somewhere. Tuanzebe I hope will be given a chance, if not then a season long loan at a Prem club should be taken. Herrera I hope will be given a new three year contract, as limited as he is, he still puts his heart and soul into playing for United, and we could use his experience to help blood any new/ academy players coming in. Mata I feel, just won't fit into the style that I think Ole want's to play, so reluctantly, he should go. Pereira, although I think he is a cracking little player, just hasn't done enough for me, perhaps one more season. McTominay, as limited as he is, should be kept. Lingard will stay, squad player, just playing in certain games that need his type of ability. Matic should go. Pogba to go if a big offer comes in. Garner and Gomes in the first team squad.

Enigma_87

You know who
DdG
Romero
Dalot
Shaw
Young & Smalling(as backup and only to be played in drastic circumstances)
Lindelof
Tuanzebe
McTominay
Fred
Herrera
Mata
Rashford

And the academy players.
Why would you keep one of the worst players in the team on big wages who underperformed again and again as squad players? Mentality like that put us in this place so far..

RedNed77

Why would you keep one of the worst players in the team on big wages who underperformed again and again as squad players? Mentality like that put us in this place so far..
Because I can’t imagine anybody better signing up to be 3rd choice CB cover. And you do need depth at CB.

Kaglish10

People will be silly and put like two or three players, but when Ole took over, we played some very good football.

We lack leaders and consistency. Players that will and can step up when needed.

Providing nobody leaves, then as I put in another thread, the template I want to see, which will be the start of our rebuild is:

Rashford Striker Winger
Pogba Deep-lying Playmaker Herrera
Shaw Centre Back Lindelof Right Back
De Gea

Romero Smalling Dalot McTominay Lingard Winger Martial

As I said, it all depends if nobody leaves, but that's 12 players I'd keep. There's the youth players too.

If the players above don't step up in Ole's first full season, then he will need to start getting rid.
Our good early start under Ole came against relegation candidates. Let me remind you that Mourinho was able to get the team fired up against Fulham and we had thought then that we were back.

JoaquinJoaquin

The amount of people with Lingard still in their squads shows how far standards have fallen, jesus christ.

Enigma_87

You know who
Because I can’t imagine anybody better signing up to be 3rd choice CB cover. And you do need depth at CB.
Smalling and Young are on 200k per week combined. You can literally find at least two dozen better players than them on much lower salaries.

And whilst you may have a long shot on Smalling, what's Young excuse? A shocking player, 33 years old, on 120k ?

Devil81

Realistically we won't flog the lot but Id advocate the selling of about 70% of the squad.

Keep

DDG (Only if he wants to stay, if his heart isn't in it he can go as well.)
Shaw
Herrera
Mctomminey
Lingard
Rashford
Dalot

The rest can go for me, they are either not good enough or have a bad attitude.

Mastoness

Lindeloff, Dalot, Shaw, McTominay, Rashford for sure.

For now, I would keep Matic, Lingard, Smalling, Romero for the rotation or smaller cup games.

Pogba, Martial, De Gea, Herrera - undecided. I would propbably keep them but If they want to leave I wouldn't stop them

Tyinde

To be honest, Pogba is actually the only player we should keep in this United squad, no matter how retarded he looks like on or off the pitch. All other players can be replaced somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedNed77

Smalling and Young are on 200k per week combined. You can literally find at least two dozen better players than them on much lower salaries.

And whilst you may have a long shot on Smalling, what's Young excuse? A shocking player, 33 years old, on 120k ?
If it was up to me and we could find somebody who can cover both full back positions who was happy to play 5/6 times a season, I’d shoot Young out of a giant canon into the sun. I’m just not convinced you’d get somebody in who’d be an upgrade who’d be happy with those circumstances.

Edit: Smalling is completely fine as a backup CB and I think he’d be happy with being one.

Enigma_87

You know who
If it was up to me and we could find somebody who can cover both full back positions who was happy to play 5/6 times a season, I’d shoot Young out of a giant canon into the sun. I’m just not convinced you’d get somebody in who’d be an upgrade who’d be happy with those circumstances.

Edit: Smalling is completely fine as a backup CB and I think he’d be happy with being one.
Both aren't good enough and you can literally rotate them in the squad with players from the academy.

Not letting go of them - overpaid, not good enoughs will always create problems and neither are fine with a squad roles if you ask me. Should be booted asap.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Get rid of most of them. Play a lot of the Under 23 side. Get the wage structure back in place and build from scratch.
We'll be shit for a few seasons, but we're shit already and in a complete mess throwing loads of money at it hoping it will fall into place.
maybe joking

Pogba
Shaw
Lindelof
Bailly
Pereira
McTominay

And the players from the academy, the rest can leave.

Walters_19_MuFc

Our good early start under Ole came against relegation candidates. Let me remind you that Mourinho was able to get the team fired up against Fulham and we had thought then that we were back.
If you want to class Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea relegation candidates that's entirely up to you. Yes, Jose may have fired us up, but the football was still shite and negative.

Kaglish10

If you want to class Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea relegation candidates that's entirely up to you. Yes, Jose may have fired us up, but the football was still shite and negative.
De gea was our man of the match against Spurs. Chelsea have no striker and are inconsistent. Arsenal didn't have their rejuvenated 352 setup with a fired up Ramsey alongside Xhaka against us then.

i think we also scored plenty against Fulham under Mourinho.

diarm

I'm surprised to see so many mentioning Romero.

He's a quality keeper but someone of his calibre who is content to sit on the bench all season and isn't pushing the incumbent at all is indicative of so many of our squad right now. Just doesn't set the right example for me.

SAFMUTD

Need to keep no matter what:
None

Would like to keep:
De Gea
Lindelof
Shaw
Pogba
Rashford
McTominnay
Romero
Dalot

Would like them to go:
Smalling
Matic
Lingard
Lukaku
Martial
Mata
Fred
Bailly
Pereira
Darmian
Valencia

Pray everyday for them to leave:
Young
Jones
Rojo
Alexis

stygg

DDG
Lindelof
Bailly
Shaw
Dalot
Pogba
Rashford

The rest are absolutely wank and can feck off

thedano

Henderson
Lindelof
Dalot
Shaw
McTominnay
Rashford (but if a decent offer came in then let go)
Garner
Chong
Gomes
Greenwood
Herrera (if he wants to stay)
Mata (but only if we are going to play with a #10, else pointless)

And that is it, don’t care for the rest one bit.

Walters_19_MuFc

De gea was our man of the match against Spurs. Chelsea have no striker and are inconsistent. Arsenal didn't have their rejuvenated 352 setup with a fired up Ramsey alongside Xhaka against us then.

i think we also scored plenty against Fulham under Mourinho.
It seems that whatever I say you have an excuse so its pointless. Just glad you realised the teams I mentioned weren't relegation candidates, though.