Television White Lotus

Jericholyte2

Anyone watched this? It’s on Sky Atlantic and HBO (I think).

I just binged it all today and was absolutely blown away by it!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I’ve been wondering if it was worth it. Reckon you’ve given me the push I needed.

Jericholyte2

I’ve been wondering if it was worth it. Reckon you’ve given me the push I needed.
It starts of very 'quirky' but then goes on to destroy and deconstruct so many elements of society it's unreal!

I genuinely found myself with seemingly random tears at various points in the latter half of the series as it started to show what it was really about.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
It starts of very 'quirky' but then goes on to destroy and deconstruct so many elements of society it's unreal!

I genuinely found myself with seemingly random tears at various points in the latter half of the series as it started to show what it was really about.
Thanks for the review

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I was interested in this but I usually don't like anthologies. Are any characters recurring?

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
It mostly reminded me of some novel I would be forced to read in high school about the drama of the upper classes. I enjoyed parts of it, especially scenes relating to Steve Zahn's character and Alexandra Daddario generally :nervous: . Stiffler's mom was amusing if incredibly awkward.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Binged this with the missus over the weekend and we both loved it. Definitely see it as more for people that liked Mad Men than people that want a fast-paced show. yet another wonderful show I found from Redcafe recommendations!

Jericholyte2

Binged this with the missus over the weekend and we both loved it. Definitely see it as more for people that liked Mad Men than people that want a fast-paced show. yet another wonderful show I found from Redcafe recommendations!
Glad you liked it!

Zoo

Excellent mini-series. 6 episodes was ideal, any longer I don't think would have worked. Though I see they are making another season with a brand new cast and location, let's see if they can do it again.

Jericholyte2

Excellent mini-series. 6 episodes was ideal, any longer I don't think would have worked. Though I see they are making another season with a brand new cast and location, let's see if they can do it again.
As it's an 'anthology' series, I'd like to see the next one take place in an African resort, perhaps a safari-linked hotel - there could be a lot of topics to cover with that setting.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Watched this the last two evenings, thought it was okay with a few very funny moments/conversations each episode. Development of the younger brother was nicely done as well imo.

Put Sidney Sweeney and Alexandra Daddario in a Hawaiian setting and I'm half sold already so there's that.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I’d probably have It’s a Sin as me #1 show of 2021 with this and Arcane a joint second. It’s brilliant.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’d probably have It’s a Sin as me #1 show of 2021 with this and Arcane a joint second. It’s brilliant.
Ooh. Haven’t watched (or even heard of) that one but the other two are in my top two so that goes straight on the top of my list.

EDIT: Shite. I watched it already. It was excellent. Unlike my memory.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Ooh. Haven’t watched (or even heard of) that one but the other two are in my top two so that goes straight on the top of my list.

EDIT: Shite. I watched it already. It was excellent. Unlike my memory.
Ha, yeah it was at the start of the year. Incredible show.

Mare of Easttown, Maid, Hacks, and Dopesick were pretty close to the top for me too. Damn good year for tv.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just finished watching it. Absolutely loved it. Jenifer Coolidge was hilarious despite what some seem to think in here!

kundalini

I find it a difficult watch at times (took me ages to finish the first series), though the phone call involving Christopher from the Sopranos and his wife (ex?) in the 1st episode of the 2nd season was brilliant.

The assistant was having a tough time.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Just watched first episode of new season. Like it a lot. Captures the vibe of the last one perfectly, while also being very different. Some great lines. “Come on. It’s a penis. Not a sunset”
That was a great line. Got a good feeling about this season.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Just watched first episode of new season. Like it a lot. Captures the vibe of the last one perfectly, while also being very different. Some great lines. “Come on. It’s a penis. Not a sunset”
Ending was very soft to the first episode. The first season's pilot told a story on its own with that pregnant employee. This one was purely a table setting episode. Probably won't matter in a binge.

MiceOnMeth

I find it a difficult watch at times (took me ages to finish the first series), though the phone call involving Christopher from the Sopranos and his wife (ex?) in the 1st episode of the 2nd season was brilliant.

The assistant was having a tough time.
Apparently the ex is Laura Dern. I wonder will she make an appearance

MiceOnMeth

Found Coolidge very annoying in season 1 but less so in episode 1 of season 2.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Oh my god how good is the new opening credits banger?

Donut

I like this season even a bit more than the first one which I also loved. It’s a bit stronger story wise for me, although Armond is still by far the best character.

MiceOnMeth

I like this season even a bit more than the first one which I also loved. It’s a bit stronger story wise for me, although Armond is still by far the best character.
Armond is for sure missed!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought the first season was alright. Watchable. Second season they’ve done a much better job of intertwining the characters. F Murray Abraham is a top shit stirrer.

Also I thought the theme music would annoy me but damn it’s so earwormy.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Loving this season, it's been phenomenal. The cinematography is on another level. (Helped by the location, obvs.)