Television White Lotus

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s my favourite show at the moment. Just great fun.

That theme tune.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Another good episode.

I swear I saw Aubrey Plaza's tit pop out in that beach scene and thought it was a mistake until the scene near the end :lol: I guess they just left it in.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Didn't reach the dizzy heights of the previous few episodes but the plots have most definitely thickened.

I did not notice any nip action, @Solius; might have to give it a rewatch.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Didn't reach the dizzy heights of the previous few episodes but the plots have most definitely thickened.

I did not notice any nip action, @Solius; might have to give it a rewatch.
When she’s on the beach chair and says she’ll go for a drink. Just as she starts to get up.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
When she’s on the beach chair and says she’ll go for a drink. Just as she starts to get up.
Just skimmed through Sky Go and you're right, some eagle eyes right there :lol:

00:19:04 for the Caf deviants.

Spoony

The People's President
I've started this. Some insufferable characters. I suspect you have to be American to enjoy this. Not for me.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
I've started this. Some insufferable characters. I suspect you have to be American to enjoy this. Not for me.
I think in this series most of the characters are not even supposed to be likeable. Their flawed and/or awkward personalities is what makes the show tick, but maybe it's not everyone's cup of tea?

Very much liked the first season but for me the new one has been even better. Looking forward to seeing how it all ties up in the finale, all the plot lines still very much open.

Spoony

The People's President
Fair enough fellas. It's just not for me. I've started The Bear instead. And I think it's a good'en. Great looking and all.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's class. But the whole point is that all of the characters are self-obsessed, unlikable arse-hats. So I guess if that's a problem for you then you won't enjoy it.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Looking forward to seeing how it all ties up in the finale, all the plot lines still very much open.
Damn, thought there were 8 episodes for some reason this season.

Whose dead body are we thinking that'll be from episode 1? My money is on the pimp.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Damn, thought there were 8 episodes for some reason this season.

Whose dead body are we thinking that'll be from episode 1? My money is on the pimp.
They mentioned multiple dead bodies so probably involves something on a boat.

Spoony

The People's President
I gave up on Succession for exactly that reason. Kind of regret it now.
Why don't you go back to it? I had similar issues with Mad Men. It looked amazing and was clearly a quality show but I gave up before the last seasons because I couldn't be arsed with the Ayn Rand like shite anymore.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Nah the pimp would be anti-climactic because he's barely even been around and has only had few lines of dialogue at most. I feel it's going to be from the main characters. If I had to guess it's got to be something to do with the gay mafia from Palermo, they're up to something shady for sure. :lol:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
They’ve done a good job again of not giving anything away at all, really could be any of them. As for your guess…

I don’t think he’s a pimp at all

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Nah the pimp would be anti-climactic because he's barely even been around and has only had few lines of dialogue at most. I feel it's going to be from the main characters. If I had to guess it's got to be something to do with the gay mafia from Palermo, they're up to something shady for sure. :lol:
I’m probably being thick here but

was the big fancy gaff he claims to own the same one the two girls hired for an overnight stay? If so, then they’re definitely crooked as feck

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
As for your guess…

I don’t think he’s a pimp at all
Yeah that's my feeling too. They're probably trying to scam poor innocent Albie for some cash and the 'pimp' is just her friend/brother or something along those lines and in on the scheme.

2cents

Scout
I’m probably being thick here but

was the big fancy gaff he claims to own the same one the two girls hired for an overnight stay? If so, then they’re definitely crooked as feck
Don’t think so, the gay lads are in Palermo, the girls’ house was a short enough drive away from what I recall.

Yeah that's my feeling too. They're probably trying to scam poor innocent Albie for some cash and the 'pimp' is just her friend/brother or something along those lines and in on the scheme.
Someone is getting scammed in every sub-plot, it’s just a question of how aware they are. Albie seems the least aware of all the potential victims.

Ethan is very aware of how Cameron is trying to use him for his money and coming on to his wife. Tanya seems to understand that something isn’t quite right with the gay guys, although her lack of reaction to seeing her husband in that photo suggests she’s a long way to go to figure it out. But her assistant is definitely catching on after the West Ham fan’s drunken ramblings.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Don’t think so, the gay lads are in Palermo, the girls’ house was a short enough drive away from what I recall.

Someone is getting scammed in every sub-plot, it’s just a question of how aware they are. Albie seems the least aware of all the potential victims.

Ethan is very aware of how Cameron is trying to use him for his money and coming on to his wife. Tanya seems to understand that something isn’t quite right with the gay guys, although her lack of reaction to seeing her husband in that photo suggests she’s a long way to go to figure it out. But her assistant is definitely catching on after the West Ham fan’s drunken ramblings.
I thought it was him. So does that make him the cowboy he said he was in love with?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
My guess, and I'm probably way off, is the girl who ends up dead is Aubrey Plaza's character either by the quiet guy who she seems to be winding up or his friend. I think the Jennifer Coolidge plotline with the gay con artists is all about getting her money although maybe if they don't get it they'll kill off the Coolidge character which would be interesting and surprising (although they'd need another character to follow for the 3rd season to a different resort).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I’m pretty sure that
the gays are setting up Tanya for her money. Essex lad said as much that they’re about to come into some. They’ve probably recorded her cheating on Gregg with that Italian and doing coke. There was a picture of Gregg in the place too.

The Firestarter

Yeah I’m pretty sure that
the gays are setting up Tanya for her money. Essex lad said as much that they’re about to come into some. They’ve probably recorded her cheating on Gregg with that Italian and doing coke. There was a picture of Gregg in the place too.
Was that really Gregg? If it was him and she recognzied him I wonder why she didnt somehow react. Also pretty dumb if you are making such a con to leave a photo like this.
Even if this is true they have a prenup I dont think he can take her money in such a way.

2cents

Scout
I think it’s pretty clear:

nimic

something nice
Scout
Was that really Gregg? If it was him and she recognzied him I wonder why she didnt somehow react. Also pretty dumb if you are making such a con to leave a photo like this.
Even if this is true they have a prenup I dont think he can take her money in such a way.
It was definitely him. She recognized him, but she was drugged up and wanted some salami.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Ok I’m all caught up for the finale tomorrow.

So I’m guessing the gay guys are paid off by Gregg to catch Tanya cheating so he can divorce her and take half her money.

No clue who the dead body or bodies are. Nothing immediately obvious there. Maybe Audrey Plaza’s guy commits suicide? Probably not.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Ok I’m all caught up for the finale tomorrow.

So I’m guessing the gay guys are paid off by Gregg to catch Tanya cheating so he can divorce her and take half her money.

No clue who the dead body or bodies are. Nothing immediately obvious there. Maybe Audrey Plaza’s guy commits suicide? Probably not.
My guess would be Ethan tries to attack Cameron in the water and the two of them and Plaza’s character all end up dead somehow.
I think there’s a twist coming with Tanya. We all kinda get an idea of what’s happening now but maybe something else happens to stop them getting her money. Possibly involving her assistant?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I was surprised that they were planning to actually kill her. Thought it would be more of a blackmail thing. Also surprised she died in that way after essentially eliminating all the threats. Thought overall it was an average ending. Good series in all though. Much better than the first for me.

nimic

something nice
Scout
We're not using spoiler tags, are we? Anyone who comes in here to read before they've seen the episode is just looking for trouble.

Anyway, I'm very surprised they actually killed her. I'm sure I've read the creator say that he wanted to use her to follow every season, so I didn't see it coming at all.

Glorio

Ethan and Harper look like they've become mirror images of their friends! Brilliant advert for open relationships :drool:

Portia better thank her stars, not sure how many red flags a girl needs to not get into a car with a genuine nutter.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We're not using spoiler tags, are we? Anyone who comes in here to read before they've seen the episode is just looking for trouble.

Anyway, I'm very surprised they actually killed her. I'm sure I've read the creator say that he wanted to use her to follow every season, so I didn't see it coming at all.
My guess is that Coolidge didn't want to do a third season. For some reason I was convinced Ethan, Cameron & Harper would all end up dead because Daphne finds the bodies at the beginning. Felt bad for Albie but we all saw that coming.

Genuinely thought they were just trying to scam Tanya, not go to those lengths.

Shoutout to the British lad for accurately portraying the average Brit abroad so well.