Who’s the best “on his day” player?

sparx99

Aaron Lennon had some ridiculous games against us.

James Ward-Prowse is a very average player but if he gets his set pieces right he’s a game-changer.

DevTheRed

Nani.

In comparison to a normally standard performance, when Nani was ‘on it’ he was amazing, complete night and day between the two.

padr81

Supports
Man City
In the PL its probably Salah. When he's really on, he's nigh on unstoppable. Honorable mentions to Kane, KDB and Bruno.

If you're on about players who don't produce often but when they do its scary I'd say Saint Maximin, Pogba and Timo Werner.

Seeing as lots of people are including retired players. I'll offer up Nasri, another Pogba, the absolute world at his feet but there was times where he looked like he didn't want it, then unlike Pogba he completely stopped wanting it.
Ben Arfa, Denilson (the tricky winger one).

Deery

Dreary
What do you call the wee cnut played for Sevilla knocked us out the champions league Ben Yedder, that’s him game raising cnut…

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Martial.

Any Newcastle keeper from like 2005. We either spank those lot or the keeper plays a blinder.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Ronaldinho is what football looks like at its peak - effectiveness and flamboyance personified.

SAFMUTD

That freaking Newcastle keeper, made no less than 189 saves against us if I remember correctly.

dal

A lot of our players which is Hugely frustrating!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Some good shouts in this thread, also some ridiculous ones.

Historically……

Matty Taylor - good for a worldie twice a year
Hatem Ben Arfa
Nani
Ricardo Quaresma
Jay jay Okocha
Djalminha
Mesut Ozil - 2-3 seasons aside.
Robinho
Juan Roman Riquelme
James Rodriguez
Alvaro Recoba
Mario Balotelli
Rafael Van der Vaart
Anthony Martial
Paolo Dybala
Andrey Arshavin
Ilie Dumitrescu
Dejan Savecevic

All fantastic/unplayable/capable of the extreme on their day, but rarely produce(d) consistently, or in some cases not consistently enough according to their talent (Savecevic - never forget the final vs Barca).

just off the top of my head.

Alek M

Da manic one
Phil Jones

James Rodrigez
That Sanchez portugal bloke
Nani
Payet
Arshavin
There was a newcastle player I can’t remember his name

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Always thought Nani's game-to-game inconsistency was overestimated. He was more of a "on-his-month" or even "on-his-year" player - he had about 2 years with very consistent numbers, which didn't happen again other than a short spells elsewhere. When he was off-form, many months weren't great.

Same goes for Martial too it seems. 1 good performance last year (and not even a goal) vs City away and dozens of stinkers, while season before that he was a threat and scoring consistently regardless of the opposition.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Luis Nani is the correct answer.

Absolutely unplayable when he was on one. Crossing, shooting (both feet), 1 on 1

2010/2011 Nani was virtually this all season.

Idxomer

In the PL its probably Salah. When he's really on, he's nigh on unstoppable. Honorable mentions to Kane, KDB and Bruno.

If you're on about players who don't produce often but when they do its scary I'd say Saint Maximin, Pogba and Timo Werner.

Seeing as lots of people are including retired players. I'll offer up Nasri, another Pogba, the absolute world at his feet but there was times where he looked like he didn't want it, then unlike Pogba he completely stopped wanting it.
Ben Arfa, Denilson (the tricky winger one).
That's just wrong putting him with these two or Nasri for that matter.