Who decided Spurs could use Wembley?

Treble

An advantage is an advantage no matter how little and if that tweet above is correct, that is another little thing added to the lists of litte advantages that go in Spurs' favour. We'll still twat em' though
That's a fair point. But nothing can be done, I'm not sure it makes much sense to complain now. The fans will be 50/50. That's the most important factor.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That was my first thought too, Spurs away in the Cup semi. I agree with a previous poster it should be at villa park or somewhere. Make getting to Wembley special again.
I do agree with this generally.

But I live a 20min train ride from Wembley, so actually am pretty happy with this, instead of the usual 3-4 hour drive to Old Trafford!

Get a grip, it's got nothing to do with a small advantage. If you played it at OT and gave 50% of the ground to Spurs, it wouldn't be neutral and the entire point of the semi is to be played at a neutral arena.

It's a bit daft and should've been ironed out before the season. Add to that I fecking hate the semis being at Wembley to start with.
Even if the semi was moved, which it won’t be, then the final would still be at Wembley, and if Spurs get there, we would have a load of overly sensitive people complaining about the final - if Spurs reach the final, should it be played in Cardiff?

There’s nothing to iron out, clearly there was a reasonable chance of Spurs getting to either the League Cup final or the FA Cup Semi or Final.

Even if the semi was moved, which it won’t be, then the final would still be at Wembley, and if Spurs get there, we would have a load of overly sensitive people complaining about the final - of Spurs reach the final, should it be played in Cardiff?

There’s nothing to iron out, clearly there was a reasonable chance of Spurs getting to either the League Cup final or the FA Cup Semi or Final.
Your final sentence make no sense, surely if there was a reasonable chance of Spurs getting to either the League Cup final or the FA Cup Semi or Final then this should have been ironed out beforehand?

The final is a different matter and has to be at the national stadium, the semis didn't used to be and don't need to be.

Your final sentence make no sense, surely if there was a reasonable chance of Spurs getting to either the League Cup final or the FA Cup Semi or Final then this should have been ironed out beforehand?

The final is a different matter and has to be at the national stadium, the semis didn't used to be and don't need to be.
Obviously it was considered as it’s not a surprise Spurs might get that far, it’s not as if we are talking about Charlton Athletic.

Obviously it was considered as it’s not a surprise Spurs might get that far, it’s not as if we are talking about Charlton Athletic.
But considered isn't enough, the semis don't need to be at Wembley and are supposed to be 100% neutral so it should have been ironed out than an eventual semi-final featuring the side that uses Wembley as it's home arena would be moved to Arsenal, United, City depending on the opponent.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If Tottenham don't win it this year they'll never have a better chance.

They've been slipping through rounds with late goals, have the semi and a potential final at their own ground, and they seem to be boiling up to a good level of momentum at the right time.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
As long as the ticket allocation is split evenly among both teams, it shouldn't make much difference.

Our London support tend to be quite load to their credit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But considered isn't enough, the semis don't need to be at Wembley and are supposed to be 100% neutral so it should have been ironed out than an eventual semi-final featuring the side that uses Wembley as it's home arena would be moved to Arsenal, United, City depending on the opponent.
If there was a vote on it, I wonder how many match going fans would prefer a neutral venue.

As United couldn't be at Old Trafford, what's the next biggest, the Emirates, 60,000?
Would fans want the big cut in ticket allowance?

montpelier

I'm not happy these 2 are refereeing a half of the match each, either.

If there was a vote on it, I wonder how many match going fans would prefer a neutral venue.

As United couldn't be at Old Trafford, what's the next biggest, the Emirates, 60,000?
Would fans want the big cut in ticket allowance?
Most United fans I know hate having to go to London twice, and it infuriates them especially if they are playing another Northern side. Plus, it takes the shine of the final visit, hence why it's a piece of piss to get semi tickets.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
As long as the ticket allocation is split evenly among both teams, it shouldn't make much difference.

Our London support tend to be quiet load to their credit.
It should given the respective support of both clubs at home this season

In this day and age I’m sure people would complain about any venue and at it’s not 100% neutral.

Wembley is in London, therefore any London based teams don’t have to travel so far, therefore have more energy to sing.

Personally I think semi finals should not be at Wembley, but that ship has long since sailed with the FA needing to pay for an £800m stadium.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
I think there's more chance of Spurs actually being affected by the occasion rather than United. Having played all season at Wembley when their own supporters have been the vast majority, to suddenly being in a position where the opposition fans are equal in numbers, & making just as much noise - if not more - than their own. That must have an unsettling affect on Spurs, & an uplifting one for Manchester United.

I can't see United losing this. It'll be totally different to the league match a few weeks back. It might go to pens, but I reckon all the pressure will be on Tottenham.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think there's more chance of Spurs actually being affected by the occasion rather than United. Having played all season at Wembley when their own supporters have been the vast majority, to suddenly being in a position where the opposition fans are equal in numbers, & making just as much noise - if not more - than their own. That must have an unsettling affect on Spurs, & an uplifting one for Manchester United.

I can't see United losing this. It'll be totally different to the league match a few weeks back. It might go to pens, but I reckon all the pressure will be on Tottenham.
Can't see United losing this? After the appalling performance in the league game there, it is very easy to see us losing it.

Still, if we can survive the first 10secs, and Kane isn't back, who knows!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Logic suggest Spurs will win, but you have to take into account the fact United have a better record in crunch games which could decide it in their favour. Should we beat Saints then i hope Spurs win, because we always seem to beat them when it matters and given Conte's poor cup record and Jose's record in finals it's hard to envisage Conte beating Jose in a final.

CA1

We'll beat Spurs. They'll actually have more pressure on them because of this.

el3mel

It will depend on how we'll turn up for that game.

Surely, surely, we won't get caught by a fecking goal in 11 seconds because we started sleeping ? Surely we'll start the game very awake, right ?

JG3001

Sorry then. :D

p.s. I'm not crying.
On a serious note though, I hope the players, regardless of the blame game that doing the rounds, can hype themselves up for this at least

Manny

Grammar Police
They should have been made to play their games at Upton Park or rent London Stadium alongside West Ham for a year.

Both are closer to WHL too.

Classical Mechanic

It's a nonsense. The playing surface, pitch dimensions and references points will be second nature to the Spurs players. It's a not insignificant advantage to Spurs even with equal allocations.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Bayern didn't win the Champions League when they played the final at the Allianz.

The slightest of advantages they have in the cup is offset somewhat by the disadvantage they have had in the league, as their start at Wembley was slow, and I imagine it will still not feel like their 'home', because they know that it isn't. They just have more fans than the opposition in there at 'home' games, but it's still not the ground that ther players have played in for years, like every other team.

It's a lot of noise about nothing IMO.
Imagine the semis and final were at Old Trafford. Would it not give United an advantage?

arthurka

Why are people crying over this .. Semi final game v Spurs should be great anywhere it is played .

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It is quite a hilarious irony, that so many were saying how Wembley would be a massive disadvantage for them, yet now, it's seen as a massive advantage in the FA Cup.
Both those things can make sense though. They struggled to settle in if I remember right, but now have a bit of advantage.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why are people crying over this .. Semi final game v Spurs should be great anywhere it is played .
if you're expecting a "Great" game, I wonder if you've been watching us in big games in aways for a while!

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Bizarre and unfair decision to allow them to use it in the first place. What other club could fall back to using Wembley just because they want to build a new stadium exactly where their old one was!
No other London clubs have built a new stadium where the old one was.

Chelsea will be doing this - and they too will have the option of playing at Wembley, although in their case they would have to do so for several years because, unlike Spurs, they won't be able to start any construction work until they completely leave the current stadium.

Seveneric

Write a letter to the FA if it bothers you so, they're more likely to give you an accurate answer on 'who decided Spurs could use Wembley' than people on the caf.

TheReligion

Abusive
No other London clubs have built a new stadium where the old one was.

Chelsea will be doing this - and they too will have the option of playing at Wembley, although in their case they would have to do so for several years because, unlike Spurs, they won't be able to start any construction work until they completely leave the current stadium.
That's your choice to do that though. Why not ground share with another London club? Plenty to pick from. Shouldn't use the national stadium.

What would happen if a Northern team wanted to build a new stadium on the same location as their old one?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
That's your choice to do that though. Why not ground share with another London club? Plenty to pick from. Shouldn't use the national stadium.

What would happen if a Northern team wanted to build a new stadium on the same location as their old one?
They could use Wembley as well if they wanted (obviously they wouldn't want to), assuming it was available and a deal reached with it's owners. It's not Spurs' fault that both they and Wembley happen to be located in London.

Yes, it was our choice - and that of the owners of Wembley. Obviously we preferred that to other options because of Wembley's seating capacity and the size of our fan base.

Besides, which other London Prem clubs would have agreed to a ground-share?

Of course it’s their choice, and they choose to play at the best stadium in the country, with the largest capacity - do you expect them to play at Leyton Orient? It’s also a ground that doesn’t have another team playing 30 games in a season - can’t see Arsenal welcoming them to play at the Emirates!

They asked they got. Chelsea will do the same.