Who do you reckon will turn out to have had the better deal out of the Sanchez, Mkhitaryan swap?

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
If Sanchez was the player he was, he would be by far the better deal, but as he’s not the player he was, and is costing you 3 decent players’ wages, and the fact that Mhiki is still the player he pretty much was, and that he’s on 1/3 of what Sanchez is on it can only mean Arsenal got the better deal. Deal being the operative word of course.

Both clubs have been a bit mugged though.

ash_86

I'd take Mkhi right now. Sanchez has increased our wage bill and now everyone is demanding similar money. On top of it, he's been absolute crap.

el3mel

Arsenal won it, easily too.

Mikhi is average and a hit or miss, but they got rid of a player on high wages and alienating their squad with his attitude while declining, and replaced him with an average guy on not as high wages as Sanchez and in good terms with his teammates. Also Mikhi still gave them twice what Sanchez offered here anyway.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sanchez easily the biggest disappointment.

I do actually think Mikhi could shine more at Arsenal next season without Ramsey and Ozil in midfield. Arsenal always feels a bit lopsided with them all wanting to make runs and play in similar areas of the pitch. None of them great at tracking back either.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It would have been better to just give them Mkhitaryan.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
Mkhitaryan was MOTM by a distance for me today. When he's on form he has great interlinking play, close control and movement. He was at the heart of most of our attacking moves today

Definitely a confidence player though and I don't think Mourinho was a good match for him and he was out of form in the beginning of the season for us. He had a few goals and assists in the games coming into this

Wenger actually wanted Mkhitaryan before you signed him and he was close to joining but you came in with more money.

Alexis and Mkhitaryan are polar opposites anyway. Alexis is a forward who can score magical goals, but is selfish and needs to be on the end of everything. Where as Mkhitaryan is more of a creative, pass and move type.

Alexis can still come good for you, with the right system and motivation from himself.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Mkhi has been hit and miss but he’s really been playing well over the last few games. Still I think we would have been better off selling Sanchez to City for 60m and then we could have got Mkhi for less than half of that. Not a good deal for us but an awful deal for you so thay cushions it abit.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
We somehow lost this comprehensively despite Mkhi being a gigantic turd for them.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
We somehow lost this comprehensively despite Mkhi being a gigantic turd for them.
The whole of football lost on this deal. But you lost more so we won. Get in !

Member 90887

Everyone lost on this deal. The winner is City haha. They dodged a bullet by not paying 60 mil for him 4 months before and then again in January.

If we look at the swap only, we're definitly worse.

If you took into consideration that Arsenal could have had 60 mil for him for months before. i'd say they're worse.

Bwuk

Arsenal won in the end purely because Mkhitaryans wages were less. Both were complete flops.

Kostov

Looking at Mkhi yesterday reminded me what a frustrating and borderline shit players he was for us also. Swapping him for Alexis was an obvious and easy decision as the come back then. Offering him that contract though, looks like a total feck up, but totally in line with what we've been doing for years. And that is overpaying by a fecking margin also.