Who do you think will win the World Cup and why?

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Russia. They have the best drugs.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Italy are always slow starters but finish strong. Good tournament nous.

Dolf

France to win the World Cup and the next EC. Probably in the finale for the WC after that too.

They’ve got an already incredible squad with huge talents breaking through. Should have won the last EC.

onemanarmy

Brazil, Spain and France have the best squads, Germany are always in the mix. I'd put my money on Brazil, depends also on Neymar being available and fit.

France have an amazing squad, but they haven't found their best team yet it seems.

Red Star One

No stand out candidates for me this year. I was quite sure France will win it during last Euro but they proved to be very disappointing, not sure they already have what it takes to win the World Cup - and as much as their depth is amazing, I wonder if their mentality is as good as their squad is on paper. Still one of the main favorites. Brazil looks very strong, and if Neymar has a blinder they could win it, but again - wouldn't be surprised if they collapse. Argentina looks good as always, so who know - maybe it will finally be their year and Messi carries them to World Cup?

I'd love to see a European side win it, though. Spain is rarely mentioned, but I think they have a fantastic team and are among my top3 favorites. Not ruling out Germany too, the best tournament team around, Low could do some magic again and their depth is arguably as astonishing as French. So one of Spain/Germany/France/Brazil/Argentina :lol:

I really wonder if Belgium finally turns up and shows some class.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Spain or zeh Germans for me, though it's a completely random guess. The Belgians will be like the Dutch, close but no cigar.

Why? Because of their ridiculous individual and in dept squad quality. Brazilians will be interesting too, they could field a mighty fine team but I expect them to be like the Belgians.

MUFC OK

Germany.. they are so effective at tournament football and have an elite mentality.

Argentina may have a chance if Messi can carry them.

deafepl

England with zero goal in knockout stages to the final and win the world cup by penalties and kept all clean sheets.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
can you post that XI

I think that's a tasty team and if it works then has the potential to be one of the great brazilian sides.

Marcelo plus Neymar can be a deadly left wing pair. 2 good DMs will allow the attacking full backs to flourish. Coutinho and Firmino showed good link up during their liverpool time. Only weak spot could be RB IMO.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Belgium because nobody has said them yet, I like talking about "dark horses" and will get to lord it over everyone else with my superior knowledge if they do win it even though they won't.

lammybam

I won't put more than £20 on them to win it but Belgium have to have a chance even with Martinez as manager. He might be a good manager but he just annoys me - not sure why

Cal?

CR7 fan
England with zero goal in knockout stages to the final and win the world cup by penalties and kept all clean sheets.
England to win 4 penalty shootouts? :lol:
Portugal to beat Argentina in the final.
The Messi v Ronaldo thread will cause the meltdown of the internet.

On a serious note, Germany to win it, Italy aren't even there so I can't see them losing.

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
Spain to win, beating Brazil in the final.

Red Star One

Belgium because nobody has said them yet, I like talking about "dark horses" and will get to lord it over everyone else with my superior knowledge if they do win it even though they won't.
Thing is, with the team they have (and the fact it's not the first tournament Hazard-KDB-Lukaku & co. will play together) they shouldn't really be considered "dark horses", but among favorites. Croatia could be a dark horse, but not this Belgian team.

IRELANDUNITED

I think Brazil, if Neymar is fully fit by then. I'm not sure why Germany are bookmakers favourites to be honest, maybe because they're defending champions?

IRELANDUNITED

I think that's a tasty team and if it works then has the potential to be one of the great brazilian sides.

Marcelo plus Neymar can be a deadly left wing pair. 2 good DMs will allow the attacking full backs to flourish. Coutinho and Firmino showed good link up during their liverpool time. Only weak spot could be RB IMO.

It'll be interesting to see if its Jesus or Firmino who starts up front for them, Liverpool fans still claim Fermino isn't a center forward

Cal?

CR7 fan
I think Brazil, if Neymar is fully fit by then. I'm not sure why Germany are bookmakers favourites to be honest, maybe because they're defending champions?
Cos Germany haven't lost a competitive game since 2015?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
It'll be interesting to see if its Jesus or Firmino who starts up front for them, Liverpool fans still claim Fermino isn't a center forward
He is not a pure 9 since he does drop deep and vacates the central space quite often. But I think that works for Brazil too since Neymar does like to play in the box a lot and even Willian at RW can move into that space.