Who have the most iconic colours

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Congratulations on finding a photo that's bigger than the internet, Mr Sharky! :D

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
How are people who are mentioning Juve not paying the correct attention to Notts County who are the reason for the kit that Juve wear to this day. Ok, Notts County are not at the same level as Juve but essentially it is their kit as well and therefore should be classed as being iconic also.
The origin of Juve's kit does not detract from it's iconic status.

When I see a black and white vertical striped kit I think of Juve (or TBF a shop assitant from foot locker).

Everyone's already named the biggest clubs. So what about?

Boca Juniors, because of Maradona

New York Cosmos, because of Pele

I would say they helped to make them fairly iconic colours.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
ajax, celtic, ac milan, madrid, argentina,brazil, holland, inter milan, arsenal, river plate, juventus, barcelona

basically block primar colours like ours, liverpools etc arent as iconic as those with traditional designs such as hoops and stripes or rare colours like orange or just teams that have been at the top of the game for generations like brazil or madrid..imo

Maybe its because so many teams play in red like us, scouser, bayern etc just doesnt seem as iconic as those above.

Justin

I always find Fiorentina's all purple quite unique and obviously different to the black stripes of Juve and the Milan clubs. Can't really mistake them for any other big club

RedLars

Palermo.

Edit: Otherwise just known as that team with the pink kits.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I like Uniteds newest home kit cos it seems like the first time for ages that the shirt has included the red, white and black all together. I agree that the English clubs colours aren't quite as iconic in general though. With some seasons shirts, a liverpool or united shirt could look like it belonged to either club with a couple alterations and when not seen with the shorts and socks.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
ajax, celtic, ac milan, madrid, argentina,brazil, holland, inter milan, arsenal, river plate, juventus, barcelona

basically block primar colours like ours, liverpools etc arent as iconic as those with traditional designs such as hoops and stripes or rare colours like orange or just teams that have been at the top of the game for generations like brazil or madrid..imo

Maybe its because so many teams play in red like us, scouser, bayern etc just doesnt seem as iconic as those above.
Got to agree with this. Juve, Milan and Inter were the first ones that popped into my head at club level, followed by Celtic. Holland, Brazil and Argentina are the ones that stand out at international level.

Nucks

RT History Department
It has to be Brazil.

ANYONE can tell you what their color scheme is, even people who know nothing about football.

Ask them about Madrid or any other club and they will have no fecking idea.

dinners85

Has to be Celtic

If I see something orange (not football related) I don't necessarily think Holland, Dundee United or Blackpool but if I see something hooped or striped in green and white I thin Celtic straight away.

Ixion

Brazil goes without saying but I think England's white shirt is quite famous, I think a lot of fans around the world would be able to tell you what kind of strip England plays in.

Iron Stove

Brazil goes without saying but I think England's white shirt is quite famous, I think a lot of fans around the world would be able to tell you what kind of strip England plays in.
Agreed. And even though they seem to mess with their kits more than most I find the German colours iconic.

mufcwarm92

In terms of clubs, the pure white of Madrid is surely the most iconic and recognisable.

nistleloy

In terms of clubs, the pure white of Madrid is surely the most iconic and recognisable.
I don't understand this.

When I was a kid the colours of AC, Barca and Juve were the ones that stood out. As said before block colour kits just don't seem as iconic unless it's orange.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I wouldn't say Arsenal have an iconic colour.

Newcastle is quite iconic as is Celtic. United have become more iconic then Liverpool however I suggest it was the opposite in the 80's.

Brazil, AC, Barcelona, Madrid, Dutch, Argentinian are all iconic as well.

mufcwarm92

I don't understand this.

When I was a kid the colours of AC, Barca and Juve were the ones that stood out. As said before block colour kits just don't seem as iconic unless it's orange.
It's just unmistakable and has been drilled into football folklore for generations. It's not just the colour itself, it's what was achieved in them and Madrid's white has gone hand in hand with achievement since European football began.