Who here wants us to lose to Chelsea?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
And we took the piss out of Stoke and Sunderland fans. Beggars belief. And YES feck Liverpool, but celebrating a loss of your own team is not really what supporting is all about.
For what?

I want us to beat Chelsea obviously. But if we have nothing to play for and a loss hinders Liverpool, then I'll celebrate our loss gladly. Don't car if that makes me a shit fan.

C'est Moi Cantona

How has the club backed fans into a corner? What have they leaked which I've apparently missed?

All for this.

It really is, the amount of "fans" who happily turn their backs on the club when they don't get their way is scary. There's already a number of fans who have said they'll find it hard to follow United if Mourinho get's the job is another example.

For the record I would like to see the back of LVG but I also have enough common sense to realise I could be wrong and he might turn it around. Fans wanted SAF sacked during his early years and even in the early 00's when we dropped off many were calling for his head "old" "past it" "tactical dinosaur" were thrown about.

I also don't want Giggs as United manager but will support him completely if he get's the job unlike a large number on here who will no doubt throw toys from the pram at the first sign of adversity he faces.
Tbh I can't be bothered wasting my time explaining again.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Another question - what would you guys rather happen from these two (realistic) scenarios?

1. Win tomorrow, LvG leads us to a 5th place finish, 1 point off 4th
2. Lose tomorrow, Jose is appointed the following day, leads us to a 4th place finish
Stupid question. Of course we would all want 4th over 5th.

SalfordRed1960

For what?

I want us to beat Chelsea obviously. But if we have nothing to play for and a loss hinders Liverpool, then I'll celebrate our loss gladly. Don't car if that makes me a shit fan.
Both those teams supported a totally different team winning, even though their own team got beat. I would have thought we had lots to play for, and the result is going to have little to do with LVGs position. So to me it is strange to want to cheer another team on at my own teams expense.

Woodzy

Previously (against Stoke) as far as results go, my preference was that since he was being given a chance, he could turn it around (despite actually wanting him sacked) and we live happily ever after. In hindsight, we have a game against Chelsea tonight and I honestly couldn't give a shit if we win, lose or draw.

Football matters for us have been completely overshadowed and if it continues things may get messy. The board need to wake up because the fans are being isolated right now.

I genuinely think what's best for the club may be that we lose this game if it ensures he gets sacked, but again, myself, and I imagine most of us included, couldn't give a feck what happens on the field right now.

Revan

Assumptionman
I used to like you, Revan :(
I have been on 'LVG out camp' for some time now. 18 months and 250m spend, no progress. Winning or losing today won't make us finish in top 4, let alone win titles, won't transform Depay into a good player, won't give speed to Mata, won't make our team look less clueless in attack, won't suddenly solve the problem of a thin squad, and more importantly won't transform LVG from a clueless to a competent manager.

I am now in the same stage when I was with Moyes in February. I watch the game without a single hope that we'll win, and I don't enjoy us at playing football. On other words, I don't care much what happens until the manager gets sacked, because the difference on getting 5 or 6 points in 5 games is all the difference you're going to get. We will go nowhere but in midtable - if not in lower table, with Van Gaal in charge.

Any team can defeat Chelsea nowadays, so this result won't change anything IMO.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I have been on 'LVG out camp' for some time now. 18 months and 250m spend, no progress. Winning or losing today won't make us finish in top 4, let alone win titles, won't transform Depay into a good player, won't give speed to Mata, won't make our team look less clueless in attack, won't suddenly solve the problem of a thin squad, and more importantly won't transform LVG from a clueless to a competent manager.

I am now in the same stage when I was with Moyes in February. I watch the game without a single hope that we'll win, and I don't enjoy us at playing football. On other words, I don't care much what happens until the manager gets sacked, because the difference on getting 5 or 6 points in 5 games is all the difference you're going to get. We will go nowhere but in midtable - if not in lower table, with Van Gaal in charge.

Any team can defeat Chelsea nowadays, so this result won't change anything IMO.
I disagree with more or less all of this, so no point trying to discuss it.

WyoManU

I wanted us to lose under Moyes and it made me sick. I can't do it again. I always want us to win. I think this is LVG's last match as manager anyway even if we win 10-0.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
O.

I'm in this mindset too, for me personally I've accepted our bad form so I'm not actually expecting us to win the chelsea game either, my expectations under this manager and these players has dropped massively. That's what LVG has done to me.

First and foremost If we win then great but if we lose (Only if it means Lvg gets binned) then that's a win in my book too. The longer LVG stays the further down the league we will drop.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I hope the players go out to give their all for the shirt they wear. The shirt that represents all the players who Did give their all before them and for the supporters who have invested a lot more than money throughout the years in the club. If they do this we have 20 league games in which I believe we can still win the title because our rivals all look far from being ruthless.

There are 3 trophies to play for.

We must not settle for 4th place and just going through the motion in the cups.

Rossa

Who here wants us to be relegated so that LVG is fired? Ridiculous threads are popping up every second. So much for supporters. I'm no fan of LVG and never wanted him in the first place, but he is still the manager of Manchester United.

Jig1234

I always want us to win. But it shows how inept Woodward is that he wouldn't sack Van Gaal regardless. One win/any win would not change our situation. He deserves the sack. Woodward is responsible for much of the embarrassment that has befallen on the club since Fergie left.

Red For Ever

I never, ever, ever want United to lose for any reason.

Van Gaal destiny what ever that is not, and should not be down to one match.

Win, draw or lose Van Gaal should be judged on the season,for many winning papers over many cracks, even our last title under Fergie was not always great football, but often players showed great character. and with great leadership that led us to the title.

At the moment, losing and losing without effort and any sign of character is finally down to Van Gaal, and for that he looks like losing his job, but quite a few " United Stars " need to look in the mirror and also consider themselves lucky they are pulling on a United shirt.
If they were paid on effort and commitment they would be paid very little, whatever the constraints of any philosophy or tactics, players owe it to United and the fans to give the best at all times, and they have not !

Witchking

I honestly think if United lose / draw today, LVG will be asked to leave. I just hope United at least show some bottle and play for the club and it's supporters and for LVG.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I think Louis is only continuing in the job for today as a favour to the board while they sort out his successor.

stepic

Stupid question. Of course we would all want 4th over 5th.
Nope, seems most people here would choose 5th because they couldn't choose an option that involved United losing.

Anyone who can't see the logic of those advocating a United loss should not at the same time be calling for LVG's head; they should be supporting their manager 100%. You can't have it both ways.

C'est Moi Cantona

Well I flicked back through the thread to see your explanation and given how bad it was I'm not surprised you don't wanna go over it again.
It's perfectly understandable, it's not my job to explain things to those that are either very young or very stupid.

ghagua

Mute point really. Did not see a win coming against Stoke, and neither against Chelsea. We may get a point out of it if we keep them from scoring.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Watch Hazard rediscover his world-class form on today of all days. :(

MAME DIOUF 32

I think he's gone anyway, so would prefer a win.

Against Norwich I didn't want us to come back from 2-0 down. It would have masked the reality too nicely.

RedPnutz

If there are fans wishing for us to lose, I wonder if there are players who might secretly be wishing for that to happen, too.

goin4glory

It's perfectly understandable, it's not my job to explain things to those that are either very young or very stupid.
I'm not very young and your argument speaks for itself. Just because some numpty's in the press make grand claims about what's going on at United doesn't mean it's leaked by the club. You choosing to believe most of what you read is your problem, maybe think harder from now on.

MrSingh2002

The painstaking thing is that if we win we know that LVG stays.

I would take a loss for his sacking as between now and the end of the season we would do better with Mourinho.

Sacking him if we lose tonight would not be a backwards step.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'm not very young and your argument speaks for itself. Just because some numpty's in the press make grand claims about what's going on at United doesn't mean it's leaked by the club. You choosing to believe most of what you read is your problem, maybe think harder from now on.
Clearly when all the journos come out with the same story it has generally either directly or indirectly come from the club, or someone with connections to the club, and in the last week or so they have all in general been saying the same thing.

I'm not talking about the lone story from The Sun where Woodward was supposed to be in a meeting last Monday about LvG's furure, or the rumours that he was missing from training yesterday, I am taking about all this win 2 from 3, and how he has lost faith in himself, offered to resign etc, believing some of this doesn't make me gaga.

I can't be doing with coming back with another condescending remark to you as i don't visit this forum for such things, and I'll happily apologise for my 'young or thick' remark to you and move on, at the end of the day we both want the same thing.

goin4glory

Clearly when all the journos come out with the same story it has generally either directly or indirectly come from the club, or someone with connections to the club, and in the last week or so they have all in general been saying the same thing.

I'm not talking about the lone story from The Sun where Woodward was supposed to be in a meeting last Monday about LvG's furure, or the rumours that he was missing from training yesterday, I am taking about all this win 2 from 3, and how he has lost faith in himself, offered to resign etc, believing some of this doesn't make me gaga.

I can't be doing with coming back with another condescending remark to you as i don't visit this forum for such things, and I'll happily apologise for my 'young or thick' remark to you and move on, at the end of the day we both want the same thing.
The fact that half of these stories contradicts the other should make you question the reliability. One day he has to win 2/3 the next it's that "he's lost belief" or "doesn't know how to fix United despite assurances from woodward/board" so which one is it because it can't be both?

I also can't see how LVG offering to resign would ever be leaked by Woodward or the club since there's no advantages to it, we'd be slated by everyone if LVG had given up and we decided to keep plodding along.

We apparently don't want the same thing since I badly want United to win vs Chelsea whereas yourself and others would be quite content to see us lose so you could say I told you so.

C'est Moi Cantona

The fact that half of these stories contradicts the other should make you question the reliability. One day he has to win 2/3 the next it's that "he's lost belief" or "doesn't know how to fix United despite assurances from woodward/board" so which one is it because it can't be both?

I also can't see how LVG offering to resign would ever be leaked by Woodward or the club since there's no advantages to it, we'd be slated by everyone if LVG had given up and we decided to keep plodding along.

We apparently don't want the same thing since I badly want United to win vs Chelsea whereas yourself and others would be quite content to see us lose so you could say I told you so
Actually I never said that, you should maybe read a little better before saying such things.

Cal?

CR7 fan
If you ever want United to lose, you aren't a fan.

I speak for the near entirety of our fanbase in saying that if you want us to lose you can feck off and support someone else.
I don't want us to lose today, but don't deal in absolutes.

I would want us to lose if we had a dead last game and winning it would hand the title to Liverpool or City.

Henk de Rode

Always want us to win, no matter what the circumstances. I just can't see us win anymore, it has been the worst season since I started following United (90s).
One prediction though; once LvG's fired you'll see the media do a 360. Suddenly LvG wasn't that bad, it was all due to mismanagement, individuals at the club, and the plastic fans. They'll keep the story going.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
We got the worst possible result... one that does nothing to improve our chances of getting top 4 but one that will likely result in LVG keeping his job.