Who here wants us to lose to Chelsea?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's a nice notion but many people will want this, and it's the clubs fault for backing them into a corner with the stuff they're leaking to the press, they're almost encouraging this thought process amongst fans.
No, they aren't. We're playing badly and seemingly going backwards which has led to some fans blaming anything and everything they possibly can, beleiving every single peice of negative press. it's a hilarious spiral the caf drama queens get themselves into.

dogwithabone

If you ever want United to lose, you aren't a fan.

I speak for the near entirety of our fanbase in saying that if you want us to lose you can feck off and support someone else.

What a load of nonsense.

Imagine this scenario. Going into the last game of the season our fate is sealed but Leicester, say, and Liverpool are neck and neck for the title but Leicester have a better goal difference and a win on the last day will guarantee them the title ahead of Liverpool. Leicesters opponents for that game ? Manchester United.

You're telling me you'd want us to beat Leicester and hand the title to Liverpool ? I think that would at least split the United fan base so to say that you are not a true fan if you ever wish a United loss is, as I say, nonsense.

C'est Moi Cantona

No, they aren't. We're playing badly and seemingly going backwards which has led to some fans blaming anything and everything they possibly can, beleiving every single peice of negative press. it's a hilarious spiral the caf drama queens get themselves into.
All the press has been negative recently, and some of it is likely to have come from the club, they have allowed this to go on too long now, before the Norwich game it was been said by many papers he needs 2 wins from 3 over Christmas, he lost the first then it was openly said he needed to win his next 2, now it is been said he will walk if we lose today, that is not a healthy situation for anybody, especially the clubs own fans who want him gone.

Last edited:

sdb4884

I don't want us to lose but if the board think winning this game means things are back on track and that Van Gaal is the man to lead us to glory well then....

saivet

Pretty much all the United journos came out with identical stories about LVG having two games to save his job. I wouldn't call this believing every single piece of nevative press news, it clearly looks like some sort of briefing from someone at United. When fans hear this, with a manager they don't like, it shouldn't come as a surprise the reaction really. Short term pain for longer term success.

ivaldo

All the press has been negative recently, and some of it is likely to have come from the club, they have allowed this to go on too long now, before the Norwich game it was been said by many papers he needs 2 wins from 3 over Christmas, he lost that then it was openly said he needed to win his next 2, now it is been said he will walk if we lose today, that is not a healthy situation for anybody, especially the clubs own fans who want him gone.
Yeah that's the same media that has already said he's been sacked right? That widely reported his failure to arrive at Carrington was because he'd already walked? Or the media that have stated we are already in talks with Mourinho?

ivaldo

Pretty much all the United journos came out with identical stories about LVG having two games to save his job. I wouldn't call this believing every single piece of nevative press news, it clearly looks like some sort of briefing from someone at United. When fans hear this, with a manager they don't like, it shouldn't come as a surprise the reaction really. Short term pain for longer term success.
You only have to pop over to the DDG to Madrid thread created on the basis of a paragraph from a football gossip column to understand the mentality of some here.

dogwithabone

Do fans think that by beating Chelsea this magic wand will be waved and we suddenly storm the table and win the league playing scintillation football ? It won't happen !

We've seen his philosophy first hand and it's a depressing watch. Sideways football is the future under van Gaal and I for one will take a defeat if it means avoiding another torturous year of this or worse still a contract extension and two or three more years of it.

saivet

You only have to pop over to the DDG to Madrid thread created on the basis of a paragraph from a football gossip column to understand the mentality of some here.
Some do have a defeatist, negative mentality. Given our decline since SAF, it's no surprise. We've been spoilt and young fans like myself are not used to this and so can be seen with the reactions.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
It's a flawed concept to want your team to lose a game. The management will not be judging a manager on this or a few results. Every loss also takes us further away from the holy grail of finishing in the top 4.

Although not right, the only time I'd want the team to lose would be to deny Scousers a Premiership win.

C'est Moi Cantona

Yeah that's the same media that has already said he's been sacked right? That widely reported his failure to arrive at Carrington was because he'd already walked? Or the media that have stated we are already in talks with Mourinho?
I don't remember reading in one reputable paper that he had been 'sacked', or one that he had 'walked' yesterday, those two events were in the main Twitter feed.

What I remember is reading in the so called decent papers that he has to win a certain amount of games over Christmas, that if he didn't he could be sacked or resign, that the players have lost faith in him etc, that's the difference, and that's why I said they have created an unhealthy atmosphere amongst the fans.

buckooo1978

The optimist in me says a good win against Chelsea would give the confidence stricken manager and players a lift. Weve players coming back from injury and we add some top talent in January - the Chelsea game turns out to be a turning point and we go on a good run

In my heart i dont trust Van Gaal though - his decision making is too random, too thoughtless, too bizarre - he seems a beaten man and his belligerent attitude seems to have gone - its hardto see how a win against Chelsea will change a managerial style, his relationship with the players and a tactical system that is now weak all over the pitch

togg

It's a flawed concept to want your team to lose a game. The management will not be judging a manager on this or a few results. Every loss also takes us further away from the holy grail of finishing in the top 4.

Although not right, the only time I'd want the team to lose would be to deny Scousers a Premiership win.

Now yer talking! :drool:

Lentwood

Do people understand the consequences of us losing this game? We could quite easily end up 6pts outside the top 4!

I think this game will mean very little for the future of van Gaal in the grand scheme of things, three losses in a row to Bournemouth, Norwich and Stoke are far more damming and the damage is already done as far as his long term future goes

Bojan11

I blame the board for threads like this. They creating a very toxic atmosphere st the club the longer they go on like this.

Either back him or sack him. Don't stay silent. If you actually backed him then fans would be forced to support the manager. But as long as there is speculation then we will get threads like this every game.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
If it was a guarantee that LVG would be sacked then I could deal with a loss, were already in a slump 1 more loss isn't anything. Tbh though I aren't even expecting us to win anyway so I'm already prepared for a loss.

You already know OT is going to have a very weird atmosphere tonight if we do lose it'll be interesting to hear the reactions.

Oo0AahCantona

Dont be insane, im negative as feck but i would us to stuff them 5-0. (wont happen mind)

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we get something from the game. can we really lose 5 in a row? im not sure.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
But clearly the majority of people here don't think he will prove anyone wrong, if the other polls are to be believed. He's clearly not the right manager and the players are clearly not playing for him. Would you prefer to keep LVG? That's what ultimately this question is about, not a single game.
But its not about thinking anything. Its 'ideally' so complete pie in the sky, anything is possible, rambling and still people want is to lose.

StuCol

Chimp
I don't want us to lose any games. Regardless of the situation. All I ever wan't is for us to win. If we win today, then the next game, and the next, I'll be over the moon whoever is in charge at that point.

The Red Thinker

I hope certain posters who pose these sort of questions get some form of reprimand. It's bad enough that the negativity is all permeating here in the Caf. This is just downright pathetic.

McUnited

It's a bit distasteful to be salivating at the prospect of one's own team losing in order to get the manager out. It's one of those things best kept to yourself?

devil in me

Honestly anyone who says yes can feck off.
This. If We lose and LVG gets the sack then it's a silver lining to dropping another three points but that's about it. It's going to be so close for top 4 this season, we need every point we can get.

Smores

If it was guaranteed to get LvG out and a top manager come in then I'd take the loss but I'm not convinced that'll be the case so no.

I do enjoy these threads for those trying to paint themselves as true fans beyond corruption though.

Quite simply if you think a new manager will get more points than proceeding with LvG but you wouldn't want to lose a match now (3pts) to ensure it happens then you're at best conflicted.

Castia

First time in my life I want us to lose. The reasoning being I feel 3 points dropped will be nothing in the long run, a win tonight could see LvG get another 10 games and I feel that will be more damaging.

Look I'm not cheering for Chelsea tonight, it's strange I want to support the team but I'm trying to look at the bigger picture, I have no faith in the board and feel that a loss tonight is the only chance we have of LvG leaving/sacked.

Stretford End Phil

Honestly anyone who says yes can feck off.
Sigh. Not this again.
not even funny.
Close this thread please, this is just embarrassing. If anyone wants us to lose tomorrow then they must be a closet Chelsea fan, no other reason for it. Worrying that any proper United fan would even consider wanting us to lose.
Surely the club should not be expected to respond to every situation, giving confirmation or denial to every accusation. If fans want to create their own little worlds of make believe what has it to do with the club. Everyone should want their team to win.
Are we going to have one of these threads every time we play until he goes? Really?!?
Whoever says yes should be banned.
Jesus wtf is wrong with people? Wishing that their team loses just so that the manager can be fired? No I want us to fecking win, all the fecking time.
Any genuine true United fan will find this thread very silly.......

Surely anyone who voted yes is not a fan of Manchester United, disgusting thread which highlights how many idiots support this still great club.
Will the real United fans please stand-up - well said lads, feel the pride!!

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I always want us to win, but watching us lose of late hasn't been that tough, as it's almost expected. When we go a goal down, I'm almost certain we won't get back in the game.

Consequently, gone are the days where I'd be ruminating over a loss for ages and it would ruin my day, as I'm just consumed by a feeling of resignation. I don't feel like much of a fan at the moment.

walkinhop

How can your neurons and synapses allow you to physically and chemically want your team to lose? In other words, i can't want that even if i try really really hard. I just want us to win EVERY Single GAME.