Who here wants us to lose to Chelsea?

ravi2

I never want mufc to lose and lets face it, if losing 4 in a row then to stoke didn't get LVG sacked, what will losing to Chelsea do?

We are in danger of not making top 4 at this rate and every point counts but I do believe LVG needs to go. I'm not sure what the board is thinking anymore.

soulblight3r

I suppose a win-win situation will be Chelsea having 2 players sent off by the 30th minute and we struggle to make a forward pass or get the ball into the box. Fabregas then inadvertently scores an own goal in the last minute of injury time to hand us a 1-0 win. LVG is replaced as we are unable to play inspired football even against 9 men.

Esquire

I can't believe people would want us to lose. As a matter of general principle, fighting for points for 4th (how depressing it is to say that is our main aim) or pride, we should never want the team to lose. I want LVG gone but not at the expense of another embarrassing loss.

Devil may care

I can't be as blunt as others, he scrapes a set-piece deflection win after another shower of shite performance and he stays will only turn to more problems down the line. Ideally he should just be overseeing this game and resigning regardless of the result afterwards so we can appoint Mourinho without him having to face his old club straight out of the traps.

stepic

Surely 'ideally we'd win and van gaal would prove all doubters wrong by winning the league'.

These days the support seems to be primarily focused on signing players and sacking managers.

I'm rapidly falling out of love with the game.
But clearly the majority of people here don't think he will prove anyone wrong, if the other polls are to be believed. He's clearly not the right manager and the players are clearly not playing for him. Would you prefer to keep LVG? That's what ultimately this question is about, not a single game.

Mindhunter

Even in this situation, I watch every minute of every game hoping that there will be a moment of magic somewhere and we will turn a corner.

Wishing defeat just to get rid of a manager is absolutely ridiculous. It's like "you haven't been doing well, I hope you screw up the next assignment so that I can sack you". Either sack him or support him unconditionally.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Even in this situation, I watch every minute of every game hoping that there will be a moment of magic somewhere and we will turn a corner.

Wishing defeat just to get rid of a manager is absolutely ridiculous. It's like "you haven't been doing well, I hope you screw up the next assignment so that I can sack you". Either sack him or support him unconditionally.
Fans can't sack the manager...

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I can't want to see Utd lose but the thought of LVG staying coach for the next weeks/months drives me insane. I just hope that his fate is sealed and he'll leave soon. If Utd loses, I won't be mad, it's to be expected nowadays and it gets LVG the sack then I might be positive even.

Natener

We've not won the last 7 games I wanted us to win. By that form, I might actually consider wanting us to lose for us to get a result.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
The toys are well and truly out of the pram. Embarrasing stuff, lads.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
One win isn't going to tip the balance. He's been gone for a few days now imo.

I still hope we smash them, just like I did when Fergie was here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Another question - what would you guys rather happen from these two (realistic) scenarios?

1. Win tomorrow, LvG leads us to a 5th place finish, 1 point off 4th
2. Lose tomorrow, Jose is appointed the following day, leads us to a 4th place finish
Possibly the stupidest question ever asked.

Hamadovich86

Jesus wtf is wrong with people? Wishing that their team loses just so that the manager can be fired? No I want us to fecking win, all the fecking time.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I see nothing wrong with wanting United to lose for the greater long-term good. It doesn't make you less of a fan for wanting the team to lose if you think it will facilitate some necessary change. That said, there are some clubs I would never want us to lose against, and Chelsea are one of them.

R'hllor

So people moaning how we loosing points and due that wont reach top 4,in same time wishing us to lose 3 pts just because that might get a manager sacked...welcome everybody.

amolbhatia50k

I see nothing wrong with wanting United to lose for the greater long-term good. It doesn't make you less of a fan for wanting the team to lose if you think it will facilitate some necessary change. That said, there are some clubs I would never want us to lose against, and Chelsea are one of them.
There's plenty wrong with it. You're actually watching the team you support trying their best to win and willing their opponents on to score. Supporting a team other than United and that too against United is pretty wrong.

In addition to that, there's no actual guaranteed cause-and-effect relationship of losing your next game and the manager getting the sack. Imagine supporting Chelsea and willing Hazard, Costa and Oscar on to score against United, and then nothing happening. Well done, you've (not you) just turned into a Chelsea supporter.

My take on it is simple: I will always support United and want them to win. Should they do badly/lose/win, I'd hope the board has the intelligence and acumen to take decisions in the best interest of the football club.

amolbhatia50k

So people moaning how we loosing points and due that wont reach top 4,in same time wishing us to lose 3 pts just because that might get a manager sacked...welcome everybody.
There's that, too. We need every single point we can get.

mr.suave

I can understand why some people want us to lose (it's still a bit mental, mind you), but we honestly need to start winning games again if we're going to finish in the top 4 this season.

Just wish the board had done the right thing after Norwich or Stoke and fired him, as he clearly doesn't look capable of turning things around. A win here just delays the inevitable.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
If the loss would be the end of Van Gaal, but the win would be Van Gaal for next two years and cure for cancer, what would you wish for?

A draw means you falling down the stairs (non lethal) and Van Gaal until the end of season.

Moonred

Creating these threads are beyond stupid. Most at this point want van gaal out. Not sure what extra insight the op is going to get from the replies. Its the same old repetitive viewpoints as it was the last time a similar thread was created.

Winrar

losing means another 3 points dropped so no.

I want him gone even if he wins anyways, unless it's by a stupidly big margin like 5-0. 1 win does not cover what has turned out to be a dreadful season.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The state of this thread.....

I can't imagine the sort of shite that would pop up were we down around 15th like Chelsea.
This site wouldn't exist if we were in Chelsea's position.

Visit redcafe.net and you'd just see a gif of a nuclear explosion repeating.

Viral United

Some posters seriously need to given ban till few days or LVG gone.
How this thread even reach 3 page is beyond me.

vidic blood & sand

Van Gaal can steer us back into the top 4, and I think he will given the chance.
Schweinsteiger is back, but its our fullbacks that are a problem. A win today will give us some confidence, even if we get a lucky goal and hang on.

NK86

Frankly speaking, I want us to win but I still want LVG out. I have always maintained that 1-2 games cannot be used to judge whether you want to retain a manager. Either way, both the teams are poor right now and it will come down to who is less shite on that day.