Who is better: Sanchez or Hazard

Who is better?

• Total voters

el3mel

When have these threads ended well? Kante vs Herrera turned out in Kante's favour, Firmino vs Depay turned out in Firmino's favour, this one is turning out in Hazard's favour.
Kante vs Herrera was probably the most ridiculous one of them. The rest I will say were fair.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Heh, I thought of this thread when Hazard scored just now.

izec

Should put everyone on ignore who voted for Alexis, they arent on the same planet for quite a few seasons now

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
An interesting question would be Eden Hazard vs Ryan Giggs.

Who was better at their peak?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol:

Why the feck do you hate him so much?
I stand by that comment when i made it

It seems Sarri is getting through to him and that being the case i expect Hazard to finally realize his potential this season, which will put him in best player in the world(besides them two guys) category

AndyJ1985

At least Morata is shite so the Lukaku vs Morata thread won't be bumped too

Wishbone Ash

Hazard I'd think. Much of Giggs' appeal is based on his phenomenal longevity and consistency. Don't get me wrong; he was also massively talented to back it up, and was a superb player. But he was never a serious contender to be the best player in the country at any stage of his career (despite that ridiculous PFA Player of the Year award in 2009, which I'm sure most on here will agree was a glorified lifetime achievement award), whereas Hazard has been. Nor was Giggs, for me at least, ever really a contender to be within the top five-ish attacking players in the world at any one time, whereas Hazard has been at that level at various points between 2014 and 2018.

Hazard might not match Giggs' career stats or be able to produce a high level at as advanced an age as Giggs did, but no doubt in my mind that he's clearly the better, more devastating pure player of the pair, albeit I'll accept that they took on different roles and responsibilities for their teams.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

It's a good one. I'd say that Giggs generally performed better in big games, especially in Europe, which isn't something that Hazard does regularly. Giggs was also more productive, although Hazard was the main man in 2 title wins (Giggs always had someone better — Cantona, Keane, Ronaldo etc.) and his domestic peak was probably a tad higher. Will have to think about that.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It's a good one. I'd say that Giggs generally performed better in big games, especially in Europe, which isn't something that Hazard does regularly. Giggs was also more productive, although Hazard was the main man in 2 title wins (Giggs always had someone better — Cantona, Keane, Ronaldo etc.) and his domestic peak was probably a tad higher. Will have to think about that.

Jesus, never realized he had that many assists! :wenger:

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea

27 assists in 2004? :eek:

GlasgowCeltic

Giggs was the best player in the country for the first two or three years of the Premier League

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
We seem to curse our players with these threads.

It’s not a great comparison now but in his pre United form Sanchez was comparable.

Woziak

A better thread is which one has given his club better value for Money. Hazard who is on about 200k per week and has won A Europa League, 2 PL Titles, 1 League Cup and 1 FA Cup in the 4 years and quarter years he's been at the Club or Alexis Sanchez who costs 2.5 times per week in Salary and roughly scores 1 goal every 9 or 10 games.
Imagine what We might have won at the end of Alexis 4 and half year 100M pound contract!

xonyo

Supports
Arsenal
To be fair, Sanchez was regularly racking up more goals/assists per season than Hazard until 2017/18.

The_Midfielder

Sanchez was the 2nd best player after Hazard 2 seasons back..but since he moved to us .. its been painful..

Major

Supports
chelsea
Anybody found the Kagawa vs Hazard thread yet?

Red00012

Beckham in 98/99 peak was better than any of Giggs/Hazard’s seasons. 16 assists in the league and 7 in the Champions league. Even ignoring his stats he was so crucial to winning the treble.
These days we don’t even have a right winger.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
A better thread is which one has given his club better value for Money. Hazard who is on about 200k per week and has won A Europa League, 2 PL Titles, 1 League Cup and 1 FA Cup in the 4 years and quarter years he's been at the Club or Alexis Sanchez who costs 2.5 times per week in Salary and roughly scores 1 goal every 9 or 10 games.
Imagine what We might have won at the end of Alexis 4 and half year 100M pound contract!
Just read how much Alexis is one! WHAT! It can't be right, surely?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
That window when he moved, I’d have killed to have him at the Bridge.
Yeah, I remember being devastated when Sanchez moved to United. I figured he'd immedietly go back to being the superstar he was a couple of years ago once he was happy at a new club.