Who is better: Sanchez or Hazard

Who is better?

• Total voters

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I was joking lads, a player isn’t better just because he plays for my team. Sanchez has always been more productive though, and that is in an average team. Hazard is younger though, but is fairly inconsistent. That season when Mou got sacked, Hazard was shockingly bad. Didn’t score for 3 months or so if I remember correctly.
He was injured and still averaged 2 and a half chances created a game, in a peverse way that period proved how good he is, even most of the players that the average football fan thinks better would struggle to create 1 pg facing the same obstacles let alone over 2.

If he goes to Barca and combines with Messi, then oh my life we are all in trouble, as unlike Neymar, Hazard won't mind being a support act. A content Hazard alongside Messi's ego massaged is a brutal prospect.

I was joking lads, a player isn’t better just because he plays for my team. Sanchez always been more productive though, and that is in an average team. Hazard is younger though, but is fairly inconsistent. That season when Mou got sacked, Hazard was shockingly bad. Didn’t score for 3 months or so if I remember correctly.
So was i, sort off ;)

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He was injured and still averaged 2 and a half chances created a game, in a peverse way that period proved how good he is,
That is a load of rubbish. He wasn’t even Chelsea’s best player that season. It doesn’t prove how good he was at all, a forward doesn’t have a 2-3 month goal drought if he was a good player that season.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
Once again, a point with nothing to back it up.

You think no one on Redcafe thought Sanchez is better player than Hazard before ManUtd were linked with Sanchez? Here is one with quick search.

To be fair I did say earlier even as a Chelsea fan I wouldn’t begrudge anyone choosing Sanchez over Hazard and I expected others would too because he genuinely is a world class player whose consistently demonstrated a greater scoring touch than Hazard while having comparable skills. My assessment of the two, which I admit is purely anecdotal is that Hazard reaches a level in some games that Sanchez has not yet reached despite how superbly talented he is as well

Terminator

Hazard is an incredible player and the second best dribbler after Messi IMO. Sanchez is a level beneath.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hazard is an incredible player and the second best dribbler after Messi IMO. Sanchez is a level beneath.
No. Neymar is a better dribbler than him, too. Ousmane Dembele might be as well

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
That is a load of rubbish. He wasn’t even Chelsea’s best player that season. It doesn’t prove how good he was at all, a forward doesn’t have a 2-3 month goal drought if he was a good player that season.
You are missing the point, he was very poor for his standards yes but to still be creating that many chances per game while facing all those obstacles (injured, club in crisis, the whole squad in a rut) isn't to be sniffed at.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean I know you said you were joking before and hoping you are again.
I don't think Hazard was the best player in the league last season. Well, i don't think he was clearly the best player in the league at any rate

He definitely was in 14/15. But he hasn't recaptured that level since. I also think he was better in 13/14 than he was last season. Think it might have to do with his role on the team. Conte's asking him to play closer to the goal and i don't think he's a natural forward

The closest comparison i can think of would be Ribery. Figo, though Figo had that f*ck you streak were he'd just take over and win by himself at times. Hazard has only shown that briefly, and mostly in games chelsea didn't win...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
League: Probably Hazard as he's been a key player in two title winning teams now. Still got to shine in later stages of the champions league though.

International level: Easily Alexis.

mancan92

I don't think Hazard was the best player in the league last season. Well, i don't think he was clearly the best player in the league at any rate

He definitely was in 14/15. But he hasn't recaptured that level since. I also think he was better in 13/14 than he was last season. Think it might have to do with his role on the team. Conte's asking him to play closer to the goal and i don't think he's a natural forward

The closest comparison i can think of would be Ribery. Figo, though Figo had that f*ck you streak were he'd just take over and win by himself at times. Hazard has only shown that briefly, and mostly in games chelsea didn't win...
He was the best player for the team that won the league.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He was the best player for the team that won the league.
Heh, all in all true. That doesn't mean he was the best player overall though. He was the most consistent among them though, i'll give him that

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Talentwise clearly Hazard. Don't forget he was the youngest player of the year ever in Ligue 1, winning the title and cup with Lille at only 19-20 years old.

As a Belgian though, I must say, there's that feeling he's eternally on the brink of the final step to greatness, which then never comes. Especially in the national team.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
You are missing the point, he was very poor for his standards yes but to still be creating that many chances per game while facing all those obstacles (injured, club in crisis, the whole squad in a rut) isn't to be sniffed at.
He wasn’t injured when he played for 3 months with not a single goal. World class players perform and help the players around them perform, Hazard was terrible that season.

Stacks

Hazard probably, he was the standout player last season and Sanchez hasn’t done anything this season to surpass that. But it’s close when both are on song. They’ve both been excellent. Sanchez has lost a touch of his explosiveness but has adapted and will continue to be class, whether Hazard will be able to do the same when it happens to him we’ll see.
Sanchez actually scored more than Hazard, assisted double and scored in the FA cup final in a game when 6th placed Arsenal toppled runaway champs Chelsea in a game they were heavy underdogs. How can you say Sanchez weren't the stand out player. 24 league goals, 10 assists.

E-mal

Hazard, in most games we have played against both players it has been more difficult to stop Hazard.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Sanchez actually scored more than Hazard, assisted double and scored in the FA cup final in a game when 6th placed Arsenal toppled runaway champs Chelsea in a game they were heavy underdogs. How can you say Sanchez weren't the stand out player. 24 league goals, 10 assists.
On the basis he was the main man in a team that run away with the title on 93 points it’s a fair shout. I don’t care enough to have a debate on it though really. I recognise they’re both top players.

Mr Smith

I love Sanchez and I'm so glad we've got him, but I still think Hazard is marginally the better player. At his best Hazard is as good as anyone in world football, and I'm not sure you can say the same about Sanchez. Its tight though.

Eddy_JukeZ

I love Sanchez and I'm so glad we've got him, but I still think Hazard is marginally the better player. At his best Hazard is as good as anyone in world football, and I'm not sure you can say the same about Sanchez. Its tight though.
But he isn't though. Hazard at his best isn't as good as anyone in world football. He's never performed at a high level in the CL.

Hazard at his best is nowhere near the likes of Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, etc.

The performance Neymar had last season vs PSG. Hazard's never come close to replicating that.

Red4Life_#7

Sanchez will be outplayed by Martial this season
TBH... Martial is a star in the waiting. The guy can reach the top if he is driven enough. He has that effortless quality that only the top few have.

Bobski

Take Hazard out of that Chelsea team and they might not even get top 4. He is never going to be a Ronaldo/Bale/Robben ruthless goalscorer so judging purely by stats is the wrong way to go with him. Better stats do not necessarily mean better player, this is not the NBA.

Hazard is more of a team player, but he is inconsistent. Sanchez is going to frustrate a lot of Utd fans if he continues to play as he has in recent times for Arsenal, will give end product but he can be incredibly wasteful with the ball. I think what really sets apart the great attackers is that inate ability to make everyone else better as well as their own individuality. Want Sanchez to show he can do that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Costa was a huge part in both title wins yet Kane is the better forward.
That is true, and Kane would have played a similarly huge part in Chelsea winning the title if he had been at Spurs instead. Not sure that means much.

Stacks

Take Hazard out of that Chelsea team and they might not even get top 4. He is never going to be a Ronaldo/Bale/Robben ruthless goalscorer so judging purely by stats is the wrong way to go with him. Better stats do not necessarily mean better player, this is not the NBA.

Hazard is more of a team player, but he is inconsistent. Sanchez is going to frustrate a lot of Utd fans if he continues to play as he has in recent times for Arsenal, will give end product but he can be incredibly wasteful with the ball. I think what really sets apart the great attackers is that inate ability to make everyone else better as well as their own individuality. Want Sanchez to show he can do that.
He has always made Arsenal better. They have made CL every season with a squad that is top 7 at best. United fans will adore Sanchez. we need more individual players to take the game by the scruff.

meninred

Both are world class players close in ability.Hazard might dribble more while
Sanchez scores more.

gibers

For me the question should be what are they best at.

Hazard isn't a killer, he is more of a mf than a forward but he is being asked to be the driving force. I think he would do better as a supplementary player and would be better as the Robin to a Batman rather than Batman himself. He doesn't have the mentality of a killer and even said he prefers to assist than to score. It is what it is.

Sanchez is more of a killer and is better at taking the reigns.

We need both!

RooneyLegend

But he isn't though. Hazard at his best isn't as good as anyone in world football. He's never performed at a high level in the CL.

Hazard at his best is nowhere near the likes of Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, etc.

The performance Neymar had last season vs PSG. Hazard's never come close to replicating that.
Attackers in non elite attacking teams tend to do not so well in the games against the dominant sides. Sadly for them that's almost all that counts in the CL. Take him into a side that will be attacking he'll look much better.