Who is better: Sanchez or Hazard

Who is better?

• Total voters

Hawks2008

Voted Hazard when this thread first popped up, sad to see Sanchez couldn't prove me wrong.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'll admit I was terribly wrong about this. I could give myself the benefit of doubt by claiming that it's only post United /the last year that the script has changed. But I think I was hasty in my viewpoint and that Hazard has probably always been comfortably better (overall) and Sanchez only had the edge in one are i.e the final third. I'm one who was misguided by watching Sanchez' highlights more than full matches and if I'm not mistaken, out of the two he's the one that benefits more from that.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Is there any difference between Alexis under José and Hazard who went a whole season without scoring under José? I'd like to see Alexis under a progressive manager like Sarri during his time here before outright saying Alexis is done. As it is, Hazard's a clear winner but he has the advantage of playing under a proper coach.

AgentP

A few years back, I used to think Sanchez was better because he scored more goals. But it's pretty clear now. Hazard has always been the bigger talent.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Hazard... but Beckham’s was better than both.
Agreed!
I stand by that comment when i made it

It seems Sarri is getting through to him and that being the case i expect Hazard to finally realize his potential this season, which will put him in best player in the world(besides them two guys) category
My thought on the matter, too.

Alexis in the 16/17 season was better than Hazard has ever been, imo. Though this year Hazard might rival it.

People tend to forget how bad Hazard was under José in the end, too. I mean, some Chelsea fans wanted him out in favour of José! If we had Sarri here I'd be pretty confident that Alexis would be playing so much better than now and it'd still be a close call. I can't say Alexis has completely lost it like some when he's being managed by a 3rd season Mourinho.

Moonred

I stand by that comment when i made it

It seems Sarri is getting through to him and that being the case i expect Hazard to finally realize his potential this season, which will put him in best player in the world(besides them two guys) category
Personally, the comment isn’t a disaster. The Alexis of old had amazing output. But hazard on form was always on another level for me and would win this duel. I just think you dislike Hazard a bit much.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Reasons I voted Sanchez when this thread was created was because I felt he was more decisive in the final third and could effect the game more when it came to goals and assists. Now I see a more decisive Hazard, but let's not pretend he hasn't had these spells with no goals for however long as well.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
At this point Hazard is few levels better but when the thread was created and season before, they were around same level.

Sanchez was more decisive, scored and created lot of goals.

I voted for Hazard though as for me he is the best player in the league and superb player to watch.

Thiagoal

I often wonder what sort of a team we'd have now if the Glazers hadn't penny pinched under SAF's last few years! I suspect Hazard and some other world stars would still be here now

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Always thought Hazard was different gravy but must admit I didn’t think the margin would end up this big where one looks like a pub player and the other is almost hitting unheralded peaks. Any comparisons from hereonin will continue to be very one sided as I don’t think Sanchez is in his physical prime anymore. Sanchez at his best was a better goal threat and thus made it quite a interesting contest but it’s pointless comparing them now.

Danny Roberts

Always thought Hazard was different gravy but must admit I didn’t think the margin would end up this big where one looks like a pub player and the other is almost hitting unheralded peaks. Any comparisons from hereonin will continue to be very one sided as I don’t think Sanchez is in his physical prime anymore. Sanchez at his best was a better goal threat and thus made it quite a interesting contest but it’s pointless comparing them now.
Yup, pretty much totally agree with all of this.

On a slightly different note, if Hazard adds lots of goals to his game and scores 30+ this season, I think in the short term at least he's up in the category just behind Messi and Ronaldo.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Alexis: runs himself into the ground, supreme finisher, versatile across the front four. Loses possesssion fairly frequently as he’s very all action and attempts make something happen almost every attack.

Hazard: supreme dribbler, respectable finisher, is really more of a secondary figure whilst Alexis loves to be the main man. Whilst he’s super tidy in possession contrasted to Alexis being quite loose with it, his main flaws are how he doesn’t really fully apply himself in games. Often phases in and out.
It looks like Hazard is moving more into the primary figure at Chelsea now. In such an instance I don’t think Alexis comes close, even with his (former) goal output stats.

Pagh Wraith

A better thread is which one has given his club better value for Money. Hazard who is on about 200k per week and has won A Europa League, 2 PL Titles, 1 League Cup and 1 FA Cup in the 4 years and quarter years he's been at the Club or Alexis Sanchez who costs 2.5 times per week in Salary and roughly scores 1 goal every 9 or 10 games.
Imagine what We might have won at the end of Alexis 4 and half year 100M pound contract!
Per week no less!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hazard is much better and always has been

Cassidy

Not always IMO.
I think when Hazard isn't on form then ok. But I don't count form when I think who is a better player. I just don't think Sanchez has ever been a better player than Hazard.

James Peril

Hazard is strange. He is often the most annoying and boring player to watch, just skipping into lost territory without passing the ball, or constantly getting fouled and laying on the ground, leading to disruption in play and refs talking to players. However, then he does something like he did yesterday, and it’s like ok... I see why you think you can do that every time.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Obviously theres no debate over the last 18 months

But going back to a bit I suppose its quite about whether you go off stats or not stats.

If you don't base your opinion off stats there was only ever one winner as Hazard can go ages without scoring but still seriously affect games, I don't think Sanchez has that influence at all

Last edited:

Cassidy

Obviously theres no debate over the last 18 months

But going back to a bit I suppose its quite about whether you go off stats or not stats.

If you don't base your opinion off stats there was only ever one winner as Hazard can go ages without scoring but still seriously affect games, I don't think Sanchez has that influence at all

Anyway H
Pretty much

Snash93

Supports
Liverpool
It's a silly question at this point...a couple of years ago, no so much

Treble

What's the point of this thread now (when the answer is pretty obvious)?

Bob H from Manchester

What's the point of this thread now (when the answer is pretty obvious)?

IMO, this thread serves best as a rough measure of delusion amongst our fanbase and, as 31% actually believe that Sanchez is better than Hazard, it's a sobering indicator.

The really worrying thing for me is the clear evidence that if Mou and Woody had voted then they'd have both voted for Sanchez (or "Sanchez-has-lost-the-ball" as the commentators call him) over Hazard, because that would align with them gifting him a salary that's obscene and notably higher than anything paid to ANY Premier League player.

They must think he's up there with Messi and Ronaldo and, if that is the case, we have no future.

Jeezus, I've just re-read what I've written and it sickens me but I can't see fault in my argument - either I've lost all reason or something's deeply wrong :confused:!

PS. I gues that 31% of the Caf would say I'm barking mad due to my opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:

U99ted

We always make players look bad. We managed to sign Di Maria, make him look much worse than Sanchez at Arsenal, sign Sanchez and make him look worse than Di Maria at PSG, never mind Hazard. Pretty sure Depay didn't look that much worse than Firmino before both played in England too.

Flanders Devil

We always make players look bad. We managed to sign Di Maria, make him look much worse than Sanchez at Arsenal, sign Sanchez and make him look worse than Di Maria at PSG, never mind Hazard. Pretty sure Depay didn't look that much worse than Firmino before both played in England too.
Sad but true. Can’t think of many in recent times we’ve made look better than where we’ve signed them from or where they’ve gone since.

It feels like so many players have their worst period at United. Or at least not their best period here.

Think I have to go as far back as Rio, evra, Vidic, Beckham, Keane, RvN to name some.

Only clear exception I can think of is DDG.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Sanchez has been a complete pile of piss and not much better than a past it Rooney was. Not sure if he'll ever get it back to be honest. Time we stopped buying older players as it's not working for us.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Sanchez looks like his legs are going, whereas Hazard looks fresh and sharp. Guess that's what happens when you take every other year off. Physically the guy's career has only lasted about 5 years.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Are you talking about the Arsenal Sanchez or the Utd Sanchez. By his Arsenal form he would have run hazard close

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
Sanchez looks like his legs are going, whereas Hazard looks fresh and sharp. Guess that's what happens when you take every other year off. Physically the guy's career has only lasted about 5 years.
Absolute rubbish.

08-09 Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year
09-10 Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year
10-11 Ligue 1 Player of the Year
11-12 Ligue 1 Player of the Year
12-13 Premier League Team of the Year
13-14 Premier League Young Player of the Year
14-15 Premier League Player of the Year
15-16 ...
16-17 Premier League Player of the Year Runner up
17-18 World Cup Golden Ball Runner Up & FIFPro XI

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Absolute rubbish.

08-09 Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year
09-10 Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year
10-11 Ligue 1 Player of the Year
11-12 Ligue 1 Player of the Year
12-13 Premier League Team of the Year
13-14 Premier League Young Player of the Year
14-15 Premier League Player of the Year
15-16 ...
16-17 Premier League Player of the Year Runner up
17-18 World Cup Golden Ball Runner Up & FIFPro XI
I don't hold much stock in those types of accolades - they're not that reliable. Since coming to the Premier League there's been a pretty clear pattern of him looking brilliant under a new boss and then sinking with the rest of the squad the following season.

In 2014/5 he contributed (scored or assisted) towards 21 goals over 32 games.
2015/6 that had plummeted to 7 goals in 25 games.
2016/7 21 goals over 36 games.
2017/8 16 goals in 28 games.
This season so far 7 goals in 5 games.

Of course, some of this comes down to the managerial merry-go-round at the club but you'd expect a player of his quality to improve season on season. He certainly has the ability to do that. Instead, and even ignoring stats, I see a guy who has all the ability in the world but blows hot and cold depending on the mood.

Ibrahimorich

At this point, they're not even playing the same game. Sanchez is just the Chilean Rooney now.