Who is better: Sanchez or Hazard

Who is better?

• Total voters

Teenaldo

Supports
Myself
Sanchez has a unique skill set which allows him to win games in isolated moments,but Hazard is a better all round player.
Hazard dribbles better, passes better, has better vision and whilst he's not a hyper scorer he's pretty much guaranteed to get you 15 goals in the league alone.

It's sort of like comparing Bale and Ribery.

Last edited by a moderator:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Basically, Hazard won two PL trophies with a mediocre squad. Alexis never did that.

There you go.
More like Hazard won 2 PL with Diego Costa, Fabregas, and two of the greatest defensive masterminds in the world on the bench

Alexis won 2 FA cups with Ozil, Giroud, and Mr Magoo undermining everything on the bench

Vadim T.

I'd pick Sanchez any day, and would have even if he'd gone to city. They're obviously both fantastic players as "players" but the big, no enormous, difference between them is their mentality. Hazard is a genuine mercenary. He's spineless. If it's going well for him, than he's world class, but when things get tricky, he gives up. This is exactly what happened in Jose's last season at Chelsea. Hazard, instead of using his influence to rouse the dressing room, unite them, and lead them through the difficult times brough down the attitude with his negativity and downed tools. Sanchez is a born winner and gives 100% no matter what, even when surrounded by a shit squad and a dillusional, unambitionous manager. No, there is a chasm in their mentalities, and considering they are so close in their level as "players", that counts for so much.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think Hazard is the better player. Sanchez I think can be more influential, more of a character.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
How can you say that when he has been the best and most influential player in a team that has won 2 premier league titles in 3 years.

There's absolutely no logic in that post.
He hasn’t been anywhere near as good as the best forwards in the world. For what reason? Is he far less talented than them?

Whatever logic is applied to say Hazard is better than Sanchez should also then be applied to say he’s better than Ronaldo. And not this sorry representation of Ronaldo this season, but like, the last 3 seasons or so. Similar stuff, Hazard is much more skilful, ‘twists and turns’ away from more defenders than Ronaldo, produces more moments of ‘brilliance’. I think because Ronaldo scored loads for the mystique that is Real Madrid, people can see it for what it is. The same way Ronaldo was better than Hazard then, is why I’d put Sanchez above him now.

Chelsea didn’t win the league because they had Hazard instead of Sanchez. He’s the ‘flair’ in their unit, and catches the eye, but if you look beneath, there isn’t enough there in my opinion. All this talk about Real signing him - they would be making a huge mistake. Unless he was signed to play in the middle three. He’s not a Real forward, they have been built on putting up huge numbers and using their great ability to thrash teams weekly. Hazard will entertain them, and it will only be in December when they realise something isn’t quite right when they are third, and for all of Hazard’s ‘brilliance’ he only has 8 goals to Messi’s 25.

Now I don’t think he’s a poor player by any stretch, he’s a joy to watch, but he is still an underachiever to me, as he should be capable of so much more. Him and Sanchez are different animals. Similar positions, totally different ethos. Sanchez really wants to hurt the opposition at every opportunity, whereas Hazard’s first thought seems to be to demonstrate how much ability he has and how his opponents ‘can’t get near him’. Him and Pogba are the two most gifted footballers in this league, and sadly, they both share some similar traits in that respect. If both players had a bit more Sanchez, or Ronaldo, in their brains - they would be better players. Kevin is similar. He’s like a Ronaldo in midfield. He gets the ball and gets on with it. He is better than Hazard but not more gifted.

RedFish

I’m honestly disappointed in Hazard. I feel like he’s wasting his career away at Chelsea. His raw ability is unbelievable, but he lacks hunger.

A player with Hazard’s talent should be on a team that competes for the CL every season.
Seems strange to say he's wasting away his career at the current PL champions. Maybe, he doesn't have the drive as you say.

Loublaze

ATLien
Back around 2010 people were going down this route to claim Lampard and Gerrard were better than Iniesta and Xavi.
You can't even go there. Those stats are comparing two players in the same league. There's no way you can tell me Hazard is better when Sanchez is even better at him at playmaking. Those assist stats don't lie
Basically, Hazard won two PL trophies with a mediocre squad. Alexis never did that.

There you go.
Hazard won two PL trophies with much better management and coaching than what Wenger and his cronies offer

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
If this poll was done a month ago and Hazard and Sanchez were the same age Hazard would have won by a landslide...

Funny enough though, If the question was who would you rather have, again save for age, I actually think Sanchez is a better fit for United in terms of the characteristics he has, many of which the team is currently devoid of.

Last edited:

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
If this poll was done a month ago and Hazard and Sanchez were the same age Hazard would have won by a landslide...
Once again, a point with nothing to back it up.

You think no one on Redcafe thought Sanchez is better player than Hazard before ManUtd were linked with Sanchez? Here is one with quick search.

Yeah I think Hazard's more talented than Sanchez, but you can certainly argue Sanchez is better.

If you swap the 2, would Chelsea be worse and Arsenal be better? Not really.
No, also look for their national teams, they way Sanchez performs, just dont think Hazard is the better player. Maybe ability wise, and skill wise he's the best of the league but Sanchez just keeps and keeps and keeps producing, not his fault the rest of the team is shit.
Sanchez=Hazard(in fact, i rate the chilean more atm) Ozil >= Pedro. Curtois is much better than cech but you don't need curtois to win the league. City won it twice with joe hart, he's not better than Cech. No, David Luiz is not in a different category to Mustafi overall. Your fullbacks aren't particularly better than arsenal's with the exception of azpilicueta(who's not playing FB right now but nevermind)
He is having an excellent season which is not overrated by any means, to go with 15 goals he also has 9 assists to boot. Points can also be won if he's setting up one of his teammates to score. If you want to stick the tag 'overrated season' on any winger, you should stick it on Eden Hazard (who you hilariously overrate btw) and who ironically has failed to register on the little list you plucked.

To anyone who watches Arsenal knows of his importance to them, if he doesn't perform they simply don't win. He's having a great individual season, productivity proves that. Only player who is having a better season than him is arguably Diego Costa.
That's the only season in which he was good for them. Ask any barca fan, or anyone who watched him in Spain, and they'll tell you he was a flop. Same as Zlatan.

It's not a coincidence, either. Alexis needs freedom of movement, and a lot of the ball to thrive. Barca gave him neither.

For the guy claiming sanchez was better than Di Maria in Spain, no, he wasn't even close.

@BlueCelery Most people outside England do consider hazard better than sanchez, but it's mostly because Hazard is a player that flatters to deceive. Hazard isn't better than Sanchez. He makes less mistakes, but he also has less end product and can't hurt you in as many ways as alexis can. He's also yet to be truly great in a big game. Sanchez has been hit & miss, but he's had his moments. That's one thing he has over hazard
He was still better than Hazard. ;) Didn't they win the FA Cup two years running because of his and Özil's impact? Which resulted in ending their 9 year trophyless spell? That's something. :) Arsenal came second last season, yes Sanchez didn't win the league, but second is good - you'd loved to finish second, it's not black and white, there's gray.
The guy you quoted made a lazy and braindead post. Hazard went missing completely for an entire season and Costa, while he is good, is definitely not better than Alexis as you said. Coutinho's too inconsistent to be rated anywhere near Sanchez. I don't think Hazard or Costa are better than Alexis at the moment. Aguero and KDB may well be, at least they both perform when fit and are not moody feckers like the Chelsea players.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Potential wise Hazard is probably the best player in the PL but I feel he's not really progressed as well as he should in the last one or two years. The gap between him and Neymar is pretty substantial right now which really shouldn't be the case. However he's better than Sanchez but Sanchez will probably suit us more.

ottosec

Sanchez, he's really improved as a player in the last 2 weeks.

mancan92

He hasn’t been anywhere near as good as the best forwards in the world. For what reason? Is he far less talented than them?

Whatever logic is applied to say Hazard is better than Sanchez should also then be applied to say he’s better than Ronaldo. And not this sorry representation of Ronaldo this season, but like, the last 3 seasons or so. Similar stuff, Hazard is much more skilful, ‘twists and turns’ away from more defenders than Ronaldo, produces more moments of ‘brilliance’. I think because Ronaldo scored loads for the mystique that is Real Madrid, people can see it for what it is. The same way Ronaldo was better than Hazard then, is why I’d put Sanchez above him now.

Chelsea didn’t win the league because they had Hazard instead of Sanchez. He’s the ‘flair’ in their unit, and catches the eye, but if you look beneath, there isn’t enough there in my opinion. All this talk about Real signing him - they would be making a huge mistake. Unless he was signed to play in the middle three. He’s not a Real forward, they have been built on putting up huge numbers and using their great ability to thrash teams weekly. Hazard will entertain them, and it will only be in December when they realise something isn’t quite right when they are third, and for all of Hazard’s ‘brilliance’ he only has 8 goals to Messi’s 25.

Now I don’t think he’s a poor player by any stretch, he’s a joy to watch, but he is still an underachiever to me, as he should be capable of so much more. Him and Sanchez are different animals. Similar positions, totally different ethos. Sanchez really wants to hurt the opposition at every opportunity, whereas Hazard’s first thought seems to be to demonstrate how much ability he has and how his opponents ‘can’t get near him’. Him and Pogba are the two most gifted footballers in this league, and sadly, they both share some similar traits in that respect. If both players had a bit more Sanchez, or Ronaldo, in their brains - they would be better players. Kevin is similar. He’s like a Ronaldo in midfield. He gets the ball and gets on with it. He is better than Hazard but not more gifted.
He's not the flair. The guy is absolute creative force in the Chelsea team. At times he caries the whole attack. Being the link midfielder, playmaker and the striker. He is absolutely the reason they won the league. He was their best player both those seasons.

The very reason hazard has less goals and assists is that he has to do way more in an attacking sense than sanchez. That's why he has more passes, dribbles, chances created etc than anyone else in the league. The guy caries that side of things.

Last edited:

lewwoo

Sanchez all day long. More consistent and reliable. Hazard has a higher top end but lower consistent performance over a season. If im being completely honest both even out similar overall but Sanchez is ours so gets my vote :devil:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's not the flair. The guy is absolute creative force in the Chelsea team. At times he caries the whole attack. Being the link midfielder, playmaker and the striker. He is absolutely the reason they won the league. He was their best player both those seasons.

The very reason hazard has less goals and assists is that he has to do way more in an attacking sense than sanchez. That's why he has more passes, dribbles, chances created etc than anyone else in the league. The guy caries that side of things.
Maybe I remember it incorrectly, but for me, Costa and Fabregas were the actual substance in attack. Simply, Fabregas made the goals and chances, and Costa finished them, in the main.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I’m honestly disappointed in Hazard. I feel like he’s wasting his career away at Chelsea. His raw ability is unbelievable, but he lacks hunger.

A player with Hazard’s talent should be on a team that competes for the CL every season.
He just strikes me as a player that's too comfortable.
I look at him and see a player that should be competing for Ballon D'Ors

Charles Miller

I dont know who is better in terms of technique and skills, maybe Hazard; but Sanchez had some many wars with his nt in South America, i doubt Hazard would survive that.
Put Hazard instead of Sanchez in the Chile nt and i dont think they would have won two Copas Americas.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Really tough to decide who is 'better' out of Hazard and Sanchez.

There is not much in it, but I think Sanchez is more of a direct goal threat, so I'll go for him.

Eire Red United

Seems strange to say he's wasting away his career at the current PL champions. Maybe, he doesn't have the drive as you say.
“Current PL champions” they won it by default, yes they were good last year but it was one of the poorest seasons in a while. Ourselves and City hadn’t got going yet, Spurs are Spurs and Liverpool and Arsenal were just simply shite last year. Hazard is seriously talented and should be at a club thats challenging for the CL and thats somewhere Chelsea are miles away from. He should go to Madrid or PSG, pull his head out of his hole and start banging in goals and racking up assists like he’s capable of, rather than pissing about at Chelsea.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
“Current PL champions” they won it by default, yes they were good last year but it was one of the poorest seasons in a while. Ourselves and City hadn’t got going yet, Spurs are Spurs and Liverpool and Arsenal were just simply shite last year. Hazard is seriously talented and should be at a club thats challenging for the CL and thats somewhere Chelsea are miles away from. He should go to Madrid or PSG, pull his head out of his hole and start banging in goals and racking up assists like he’s capable of, rather than pissing about at Chelsea.
Chelsea has won the league 2 out of the last 3 seasons and we reached the CL semi final couple years back while he was the best player in the team. If he’s pissing about I wonder what all the other world class players have been doing. Can only imagine if you’d feel this way if he was wearing red in Manchester

SirMonteyne

Hazard gives more attacking options, Sanchez is more like match decider. In the long run I would choose Hazard over Sanchez, but in tournaments like CL Sanchez is my first choice.

mancan92

Maybe I remember it incorrectly, but for me, Costa and Fabregas were the actual substance in attack. Simply, Fabregas made the goals and chances, and Costa finished them, in the main.
Costa was great for half a season then didn't play. Same in the most recent season. Fabragas was great for half a season and dropped off a cliff in form and last season he wasn't even first choice. In both those seasons the only consistent point of attack was hazard.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
In 15/16 at the point Jose was sacked a stat came up that Hazard was still creating 2.4 clear chances a game. This all despite him being injured, never taking set pieces and the club in the worst position for 2 decades.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If i had to give a summary of Hazard's performances percentage wise i'd say it was this.

10% are bad to average, 30% are really good 30% are excellent , 20% incredible ... And well, the last 10% .. It's those 5-6 games per year where he's touched by god. And then, it's just magical to watch. And he's managed many of those "touched by god" games without scoring which alone renders criticism of his goal record (to put him down) irrelevant. He's only inconsistent if you judge consistency by those "touched by god" games.

diarm

When in doubt on situations like this, I usually let Fantasy Football decide for me. It's the more responsible decision.

2017-18 so far:
Sanchez - 97pts
Hazard - 112pts

2016-17:
Sanchez - 264pts
Hazard - 224pts

2015-16:
Sanchez - 167pts
Hazard - 104pts

2014-15:
Sanchez - 207
Hazard - 233

Total:
Sanchez - 735pts
Hazard - 673pts

Sanchez is clearly the superior player, worth an additional 17 points to your fantasy football team every season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Costa was great for half a season then didn't play. Same in the most recent season. Fabragas was great for half a season and dropped off a cliff in form and last season he wasn't even first choice. In both those seasons the only consistent point of attack was hazard.
Yea perhaps. But my recollection is that Chelsea pretty much won the league in that half a season. Didn’t Cesc manage like 20 assists when Chelsea won the league? And he pretty much had that by February too.

For the record, I love watching Hazard play, and he’s a great player. He could be even better though, and there is a disparity in how much ability he has and how ‘good’ he is in my view. It’s like comparing Lampard to Pogba for example. Both are top players. Based on ability, there shouldn’t even be a discussion over who is/was better. If Pogba pushes himself, he will obviously render such a conversation ridiculous, as he is far more gifted. Similarly, Hazard has no business being discussed alongside even a player like Griezmann for me. The fact that he has too much Arsenal in his DNA is the only reason Griezmann has been more likely to win the Balon D’or than him in he last 3 years.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
BTW Chelsea won the league in the first half of the season and Costa was sensational in that period and Chelsea's best player.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yea perhaps. But my recollection is that Chelsea pretty much won the league in that half a season. Didn’t Cesc manage like 20 assists when Chelsea won the league? And he pretty much had that by February too.
BTW Chelsea won the league in the first half of the season and Costa was sensational in that period and Chelsea's best player.
No we didn't, City pulled level on NYD and it was Hazard and Courtois who ultimately saw us over the line from then on while the rest of the squad fell off a cliff form wise. That's not taking away Cesc and Costa's contributions in the first half but it was the two Belgium lads that ultimately delivered and saved us repeatedly when things were going wrong.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Did Real Madrid hyjack your deal?
See to dancfc 's post. Hazard was consistent throughout the season. Same as last season

I was joking lads, a player isn’t better just because he plays for my team. Sanchez always been more productive though, and that is in an average team. Hazard is younger though, but is fairly inconsistent. That season when Mou got sacked, Hazard was shockingly bad. Didn’t score for 3 months or so if I remember correctly.

mancan92

I was joking lads, a player isn’t better just because he plays for my team. Sanchez always been more productive though, and that is in an average team. Hazard is younger though, but is fairly inconsistent. That season when Mou got sacked, Hazard was shockingly bad. Didn’t score for 3 months or so if I remember correctly.
Would he be first player to down tools in a frustrating season. Doesn't it make more sense to focus on the two seasons he was the best player in the league? Especially since he is still young.