Who is your preferred option for the RW spot?

MrBest

Mount before giving Amad a chance, if Amad does well then Amad, then Pellistri then Antony. Don't want to see Bruno or rashford there at all.

RedIan

I think with a run of games Pellistri would shine. Ive not seen enough of Mount wide to say hes the guy.
Ahmad is a possibility Once match fit.
But right now its Pellistri.

In different circs Greenwood tops them all

Sylar

Im surprised with the injuries and such, we havent tried Dalot and AWB as a RB, RW combo for a few games.

MadMike

Im surprised with the injuries and such, we havent tried Dalot and AWB as a RB, RW combo for a few games.
I’m not surprised. Dalot either had to play at RB because AWB was absent, or at LB because all the LBs were absent.

I agree with you that it’s worth a try though. Dalot is a liability defensively so might as well have him higher up the pitch. It doesn’t look like ETH wants to rely on Reguilon though, so when Shaw and Martinez are back we might get to see that. For now, I expect Dalot to play LB.

JB7

Problem being that AWB was one of the injuries, surely?!

Eric_the_Red99

I think we should at least try starting with Rashford on the right and Garnacho on the left, but switching them during the match. Surely having two pacy wingers on the pitch at the same time will make us less predictable, even if one of them is on his weaker side, and if Pellistri or Amad aren't ready to start, Rashford is the only viable option.

Sylar

I’m not surprised. Dalot either had to play at RB because AWB was absent, or at LB because all the LBs were absent.

I agree with you that it’s worth a try though. Dalot is a liability defensively so might as well have him higher up the pitch. It doesn’t look like ETH wants to rely on Reguilon though, so when Shaw and Martinez are back we might get to see that. For now, I expect Dalot to play LB.
Problem being that AWB was one of the injuries, surely?!
Thats fair, maybe I meant its surprising its not an option thats been presented yet
Maybe its been thought about but not yet had a chance to be implemented.

I think we have a chance to do that, it might make us a bit more solid on that side, and maybe Dalot can spam crosses.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
At the moment I'd give Pellistri a run of 3 or 4 games to judge him properly, Antony had enough chances

Looking forward to Amad's return though

Oranges038

Thats fair, maybe I meant its surprising its not an option thats been presented yet
Maybe its been thought about but not yet had a chance to be implemented.

I think we have a chance to do that, it might make us a bit more solid on that side, and maybe Dalot can spam crosses.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He couldn't cross a cat.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Antony does not deserve to start.

Pellestri hasn't set the world alight, but you can't keep rewarding Antony with starts when he isn't being functional (terminology Ten Hag used to assess Antony when questions were asked last season).

Pellestri is next in line on the right wing, unless you throw Rashford or Garnacho out there. Even Mason Mount at this stage, given how ineffective he's been in the midfield role.

But for me, Antony can't start games for this team if we're serious about "standards". If there's any truth in Sancho standing his ground because others are being rewarded with starts irrespective of their performance, it's more understandable...still stupid, but there is a part I totally get.

Todd

It really depends on whether or not ETH is going to get back to playing Mount and Bruno at the same time. If he is, I'd rather see Mount on the right wing than both Mount and Bruno in the midfield, because those two together in the midfield is never going to work.

If he's willing to keep Mount on the bench, however, then it should be Pellistri for now, and Amad should get some time when he's available.

arthurka

Give Pellistri couple of games, Mount should be a sub for him and Bruno.
Antony should be sold asap.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Mount, Amad when available, and AWB. Antony should be a sub from now on until he starts playing better. I just don't see it from Pellistri.

On the left it should be Garnacho then Rashford now. Make Rashford earn his place back.

Mwooyo

Mount or Garnacho.

Want to see a right footer there to start getting some service into Hojland.
Where does this idea come from. The need of a right footer on RW to create chances for the CF is a myth. City and arsenal regularly play with left footers thete and they create plenty of chances for their CF

OleGunnar20

Exactly, you want to build a young talented hungry side for the futire.

3 players Utd should be looking at are Barco, Bardgjhi and Nusa.
People make fun of these kind of suggestions as Football Manager scouting (not saying thats how you know them, its just the only way im aware of these young talents these days), but we'd genuinely have built a better squad scouting on there as opposed to the scattergun 'Managers Choice' approach we've adopted post Fergie.

Not that it would have taken much to beat the likes of: Fellaini, Lindelof, Rojo, AWB, Antony etc etc etc.

I'd prefer a competent DOF of course in a perfect world. But let's not ask too much of our club. A sharp 14 year old with the latest copy of football manager would suit me.

pacifictheme

Also football managers database is used by many, many clubs across the world. So when people say stuff like that they come off as a bit silly to me.

gaffs

Where does this idea come from. The need of a right footer on RW to create chances for the CF is a myth. City and arsenal regularly play with left footers thete and they create plenty of chances for their CF
Because Hojland likes to be fed from crosses coming into the box. Either that, or balls in behind where he has space to run into, which we dont often get given.
Take a look at his hat trick V Finland - all goals come from wide crosses.

Oranges038

People make fun of these kind of suggestions as Football Manager scouting (not saying thats how you know them, its just the only way im aware of these young talents these days), but we'd genuinely have built a better squad scouting on there as opposed to the scattergun 'Managers Choice' approach we've adopted post Fergie.

Not that it would have taken much to beat the likes of: Fellaini, Lindelof, Rojo, AWB, Antony etc etc etc.

I'd prefer a competent DOF of course in a perfect world. But let's not ask too much of our club. A sharp 14 year old with the latest copy of football manager would suit me.
I don't even play FM anymore. Broke that addiction about 10 years and refuse to go back, I wfh 3 days a week, so I definitely need to steer clear of it. But you become aware of these players and I made time to watch a couple of games and did my own scouting. There's no way that a big club like Utd hasn't at least been keeping tabs on them.

These are exactly the sort of players Utd should be looking for. Get them now and mould them into top players, they have the talent, they just need the right coaching environment to help them reach their potential.

davidmichael

Can't see beyond David Beckham for me.
At this point where’s the harm in dusting Beckham off and giving him a run as he’ll put more effort in and his performances won’t be worse than Antony.

In all seriousness though I think going forward we need to play both Mainoo and Diallo for an extended period as like we saw with Garnacho last season and Greenwood and Rashford before that there’s a fearlessness in youth and that’s something we often lack, we’re such a pedestrian side as it’s paint by numbers football and no one has the bollocks to force something.

Who gives a...

Basically anyone but Antony. Can't stand the guy, least likeable player we have had for a long time. Least he didn't cost us much and we will be able to move him on easily.....oh.

GoldanoGraham

Whatever the solution, Wednesday’s UCL match cannot see Anthony start.

If he does then ETH deserves the shit that will inevitably follow.

No other player at the club has had more chances after turning in tumescent performance.

Overhaul FC

Greenwood, Mount and Pellestri in that order.

Ten Hag like Jose at Real Madrid wants the right winger (Di Maria/Antony) to balance out the out and out attacking left winger (Ronaldo/Rashford).

Antony just ended up a shit player and signing who is out of his depth in this league.

He still needs the right winger that can work hard and come inside and create. The closest thing we have to that is Mount.

I'd like to see Mount there until/unless we bring back Greenwood in January/Summer.

Pellestri could be a good impact sub but I don't think his quality or consistency warrants too many starts yet.

Lentwood

Antony. Still the best option there for me.

All of our forwards have struggled badly this season. Understand its very typical of this forum to want to scapegoat a player but we're clearly have tactical/system-related issues with creating chances and it's not solely on the individuals.

OleGunnar20

I don't even play FM anymore. Broke that addiction about 10 years and refuse to go back, I wfh 3 days a week, so I definitely need to steer clear of it. But you become aware of these players and I made time to watch a couple of games and did my own scouting. There's no way that a big club like Utd hasn't at least been keeping tabs on them.

These are exactly the sort of players Utd should be looking for. Get them now and mould them into top players, they have the talent, they just need the right coaching environment to help them reach their potential.
For sure. Its a wonder we don't move for these types more often, and when we do them often stagnate ala Diallo / Pellistri.

Perhaps it's a pressure thing. We'd rather see them succeed one notch down before making the move? This makes sense on paper however as we've seen with the likes of Sancho - even big money youngsters who've done that are very hit and miss.

I'd rather see us gamble on more of these types of signings over the likes of Mount, VDB, Fred etc. Overpriced players who feel doomed to mediocrity.

SER19

Antony for me. Stop start season and I think some form will come with a run in the team. 8 goals and 3 assists last season was hardly world beating but given how poor our attackers perform generally, it was a start, with a late arrival to the team. He keeps the ball pretty well, and we look more balanced with him there. Obviously he needs to actually start attacking sometime soon, or yeah, I'd swap him with Pellistri or Diallo

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto
Hojlund would be an intriguing option. CR7 scored a lot of headers while playing LW so it might suit him

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto
LW Garnacho
ST Rashford
RW Hojlund

Lots of runners for Bruno

Mwooyo

Because Hojland likes to be fed from crosses coming into the box. Either that, or balls in behind where he has space to run into, which we dont often get given.
Take a look at his hat trick V Finland - all goals come from wide crosses.
We can cross without a right footer on the RW. We can play to hojlund through balls to feet rather than hoofball for him to run in behind. All in all, we can play to his strengths without doing this traditional RW winger or ball over the top hoofball

greater wall

Antony for me. Stop start season and I think some form will come with a run in the team. 8 goals and 3 assists last season was hardly world beating but given how poor our attackers perform generally, it was a start, with a late arrival to the team. He keeps the ball pretty well, and we look more balanced with him there. Obviously he needs to actually start attacking sometime soon, or yeah, I'd swap him with Pellistri or Diallo
I agree with this.

davidmichael

Garnacho on the right would be a throwback to when Ronaldo played on the right and Kanchelskis before that, I think Garnacho has enough about him to go on the outside or come inside playing from the right hand side.

RVN1991

Amad since we know for a fact the other options are absolute garbage.