Who replaces Rashford?

marktan

Rashford does need to be replace, and it's not really about the effort, it's more than outside of about a 6 month spell, he's never looked like a natural wide player. He's a striker that got shifted out wide, and his technical ability mirrors that. In a 1v1 I almost never expect him to get past his man. Look at someone like Nani for example. Can be frustrating but I'd expect him to burn his defender 70% of the time.

For me two options stand out currently - Mitoma, and possibly Lookman if he's cheap (not bandwagoning, I've liked him for a long while). Both are technical, fast, can dribble, and can finish. That's exactly what you want in a modern wide player - unlike the likes of Sancho (slow acceleration), Rashford and Antony (just shite).

I really wish we'd just bring Greenwood back and ignore the publicity (not going into a Greenwood debate here, just stating my opion), because we still need a top RW and he fits all the above criteria too. RWs are rare, whereas good LWs are more plentiful (e.g. Kvara), so having that position locked in gives us leeway to go for a LW whilst still having budget for the midfield and possibly another striker.

Anthony Gordon.

Workrate, excellent attitude and mentality, quality and end product.
This is another good shout actually in terms of the profile of wide players we should go for, but we should've been in for him when he was at Everton as Newcastle already paid a lot for him. A lot of posters here thought he was shite, but you could see the technical ability and the pace at which he did it.

Superwoofer

Rashford does need to be replace, and it's not really about the effort, it's more than outside of about a 6 month spell, he's never looked like a natural wide player. He's a striker that got shifted out wide, and his technical ability mirrors that. In a 1v1 I almost never expect him to get past his man. Look at someone like Nani for example. Can be frustrating but I'd expect him to burn his defender 70% of the time.

For me two options stand out currently - Mitoma, and possibly Lookman if he's cheap (not bandwagoning, I've liked him for a long while). Both are technical, fast, can dribble, and can finish. That's exactly what you want in a modern wide player - unlike the likes of Sancho (slow acceleration), Rashford and Antony (just shite).

I really wish we'd just bring Greenwood back and ignore the publicity (not going into a Greenwood debate here, just stating my opion), because we still need a top RW and he fits all the above criteria too. RWs are rare, whereas good LWs are more plentiful (e.g. Kvara), so having that position locked in gives us leeway to go for a LW whilst still having budget for the midfield and possibly another striker.

This is another good shout actually in terms of the profile of wide players we should go for, but we should've been in for him when he was at Everton as Newcastle already paid a lot for him. A lot of posters here thought he was shite, but you could see the technical ability and the pace at which he did it.
Good post. Unfortunately he is a striker with terrible ability to play in the center - can't hold up the ball, can't wrestle centerbacks, poor centerforward positioning, can't head, can't build up play.

He really is just a guy that can only run in behind, and isn't particularly good at scoring the chances he does get from those runs behind.

The fact that such a limited player is on 350k/pw and is the face of the club just reflects so poorly on this storied club.

Last edited: