Who replaces Ten Hag?

johannes_fd

Feels like more than a manager issue at this point.

Still, who would want to take over this club? Its literally a career killer at this point. Or are we gonna end up with some caretaker again? If i was De Zerbi and got the offer, i'd probably say no - stay in Brighton, and accept next big job coming.

If we kick ETH and get some caretaker... I'd dislike that. Temporary managers is a concept i hate. I can to a certain degree understand it, as more managers are available offseason, but it literally kills a season off. Also stops development for a season, since the caretaker does his thing and then a manager with completely new ideas show up in the summer.

croadyman

whoever it is, can we please hire DoF and have a transfer committee independent of manager.
Only a new owner will do that and the person they appoint should be who picks the manager,no chance in hell these leeches are bothered.

Last edited:

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
We're special, don't ask why or what that means, but just know know we function on nothing but pure hope.
100% this.
Hope is indeed our main currency to compete.

We used to have individual moments of brilliance but even that is thinning out. We’ve never had teamwork or team chemistry (at a level required to win competitions) post Sir Alex

Marcus

I think we need an outwardly fearsome but competent manager. Someone who owns the touchline and intimidates players and officials. Not one who is an introvert who just hands out punishment in a sanitised manner. Preferably someone who can give his piece of mind in fluent English.

RvNPas

M Carrick, looks like the team right now is still using 4-2-3-1 which he was the coach along side Ole.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
No point changing managers, Club is rotten, until we sort out the structure and culture of the club:
  • competent accountable executives,
  • qualified competent recruitment scouting staff,
  • No more job for the boys culture
  • No more desperate PR department
At that point we can talk about the playing staff and team management. But until we sort that out no matter who we put in charge of the team no matter how much money we throw at the problem it won’t make a different.

Roboc7

The recruitment at the club is horrendous and until that changes it doesn’t matter who the manager is. You bring in someone like De Zerbi and that’s what he is dealing with, and he’s coming from a club who recruit really well which makes it even more of a contrast.

We probably will have to change managers soon the way it’s going but at the same time if Murtough doesn’t go at the same time and an overhaul of recruitment doesn’t take place then it’s pointless. If the Glazers remain in control all they will do is sack the manager and we’ll just repeat the cycle.

Last edited:

ElCholo

Supports
Boca
Firstly sorry for my english I am from Argentina.
Manchester should go back to roots.
You need manager who would teach you basics...Defend first and make the Old Traford castle again. No one cares about you more.
My uncle would bring you back... And he would only left his job for Internazionale and Manchester.
He would walk to Old Traford

Judas

Open to offers
I think we need an outwardly fearsome but competent manager. Someone who owns the touchline and intimidates players and officials. Not one who is an introvert who just hands out punishment in a sanitised manner. Preferably someone who can give his piece of mind in fluent English.
Who do you have in mind? Vinnie Jones?

Marcus

Who do you have in mind? Vinnie Jones?
Competent being the keyword. Is Vinnie Jones fluent in English? :D Ok maybe Conte or back to Mou. Not someone like Carrick (doing well at smaller club) or Ole. These players at United don't respect managers who don't stamp their authority. They in the end just eat them alive.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Give me the job. I will base team selection and tactics on RedCafe polls. We have tried everything else.

Judas

Open to offers
Competent being the keyword. Is Vinnie Jones fluent in English? :D Ok maybe Conte or back to Mou. Not someone like Carrick (doing well at smaller club) or Ole. These players at United don't respect managers who don't stamp their authority. They in the end just eat them alive.
Seriously? In 2023? Some of you lot love suffering, I don't get why you're not just enjoying what's currently happening!

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
And how exactly does any of that improve how a player or a team plays?

Matt Varnish

Isn't that exactly what EtH is doing and failing?

Pav1878

I can see the club getting sold to the Qataris and them bringing in Zidane and spending a shed load of money.

I have no problem with that, provided it is controlled and targeted, with a good DoF in place rather than scattergun like Boehly

Judas

Open to offers
Yet to see a single viable option brought up who I truly believe could turn it around, but people are happy to throw in the towel on another season in October and what hire a caretaker again and do that routine?

NickSantigo

I am not sure any top manager would be interested until the ownership saga is complete. Why sign up when in a few months’ time you could have a new boss with a different vision of where and how the club is going to succeed. New owners want their own man a lot of the time. There is too much uncertainty to risk their reputation.

I was a big fan of Potter but Chelsea was a bad move. The next step in De Zebri, Nagelsmann or Amorin’s career is crucial. A bad move to a club that is not well run (which we are) could ruin their reputation

Marcus

Isn't that exactly what EtH is doing and failing?
Nah. Just nicely excluding them from the squad or taking away Captaincy etc is too remote. I mean it should be, in your face, fearing to go in at half-time for the teamtalk kind of presence.

Marcus

And how exactly does any of that improve how a player or a team plays?
Just a feeling. Players need the manager to be part of the game I think. To feel the passion and not just the instruction. Something like how Mou used to coach Shaw from the touchline of games. Is he not a better player for it?

Judas

Open to offers
Just a feeling. Players need the manager to be part of the game I think. To feel the passion and not just the instruction. Something like how Mou used to coach Shaw from the touchline of games. Is he not a better player for it?
Shaw and Jose were a match made in hell! That's quite the example to use.

Marcus

Shaw and Jose were a match made in hell! That's quite the example to use.
If we think our players are pampered, dumb and unmotivated, then you either give in to player power and hope for the best, or you kick it out of them.

umairmufc

ETH should not be sacked, we have to give him some more time. Time and time again we have made the same mistake of sacking the manager without having any footballing structure. This time we need to back him, get a DOF and then reevaluate.
If we sack him now or before the change of ownership I would like toe se Kieran McKenna.

Marcus

Maybe we can hire Ole as an assistant manager so that we have an iron fist and silk glove altogether. What happened to Stevie Mac?

Someone

Something
What did De Zerbi ever achieve in his life to be considered? He joined a well run club with an excellent group of players. Managing United is a completely different job.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Firstly sorry for my english I am from Argentina.
Manchester should go back to roots.
You need manager who would teach you basics...Defend first and make the Old Traford castle again. No one cares about you more.
My uncle would bring you back... And he would only left his job for Internazionale and Manchester.
He would walk to Old Traford
I guess this guys Uncle is a good candidate, sounds committed

Neilwij

I just don't think it would be good to get rid of ETH. If we bring in a new manager we'll only end up ruining them.

End of the day until this club has some structure and starts to be run properly we'll always be stuck in this cycle of new managers every 2 years.

Teat

There are plenty of managers who I'd like to see in charge, but none of them would take the job. So is this a fantasy wish list or a pragmatic opinion of who we could actually attract?

If Postecoglou has a great season at Spurs, do you think we still have the muscle to go in there and poach him? Why would he even think about taking the job?

Gone are the days when the OT job was the most attractive in the world. We have the world's most expensively assembled squad, yet not a single player who would make the City bench.

Even if the Qataris take over, as Newcastle have experienced with the Saudis, financial fair play would still restrict us simply from throwing money at it. We've had money - more than anyone else, and we're still where we are!

Goes right back to us replacing the greatest manager of all time with one who'd never won a trophy in his career. THAT was the day that SAF should have been replaced with the world's best manager at that time.

We got Mourinho when, unfortunately for us, he was on the slide, and the rest have been stop gaps.

The problem with a part time manager, especially one such as Ole, who was no way qualified for the job, is that if they do well, you have to give them the job full time. You've then got the scenario of a manager who failed at Cardiff suddenly in charge of the biggest club in the world.

Sadly, the top managers are either taken or out of our league, because there are much, much safer options out there. We're not the draw we once were, and I fear that our status as the biggest club in the world will soon be gone as the youth of today from all around the globe follow the City's, PSGs, Liverpool, Newcastle and the like as they look to jump on the bandwagon that used to belong to us.

A generation lost. I fear the day when City are genuinely a bigger club than us by every measure possible.

Hughie77

Until the Squad is all available or most of them I will hold on a bit. Results have been Awful mainly through Errors and a poor Keeper. .. but I suspect the board imo should be already looking.. if this form continues ETH is gone.... I'd be looking at Carrick see how he goes with boro.

KeanoMagicHat

Of course Mourinho gets a mention here, despite the fact Roma are doing even worse in Serie A than United are in the Premier League. The way things are going he'll be sacked from his 5th or 6th job in a row with his team in crisis so he'll be available, but yeah that's what we need here.

matt10000

Of course Mourinho gets a mention here, despite the fact Roma are doing even worse in Serie A than United are in the Premier League. The way things are going he'll be sacked from his 5th or 6th job in a row with his team in crisis so he'll be available, but yeah that's what we need here.
He could actually get us in top four sona temp solution but he will never come back and most wouldn’t want him