Who replaces Ten Hag?

joso157

Some of the names being mentioned in here, they wouldn’t last a week at the club, it’s the constant scrutiny, the media circus, everyone outside of the club loves to see Utd fail, you see it all the time. Prime example, Chelsea lose 4-1 to Newcastle and there’s articles about how you can see things coming together under potch. We lose 1-0 and ten hags getting sacked with players protesting about his tactics, etc. it’s been like it all season. It’s about time they kicked some of them out of the pressers like Fergie used to.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

One half season as the exception to the rule wouldn't you honestly say ? Let’s also be honest his all round game outside of the goals still wasn’t world class as some made out, I’m a Rashford fan in saying this as well but then Rashford is a conversation for another thread.
I wouldn't say it was an anomaly for him considering he reached 20+ goals and 10+ assists in 3 out of last 4 seasons.

After watching his performance in the Nou Camp, I can't imagine many people were thinking "there's not much to his all round game outside of goals". However that is definitely the case when he's bang out of form.

Clearly somethings up with him this season, and it might be due to an irreconcilable issue with Ten Hag. In which case, don't be surprised to see him pull out another 20+ goal season under the next manager.

Lee565

We could ideally do with a similar larger than life character to lvg who was the only one that was able to really implement a visible philosophy on the club, it seems like most managers here post fergie just can't handle the sheer size and pressure of the club

Sparky Rhiwabon

We could ideally do with a similar larger than life character to lvg who was the only one that was able to really implement a visible philosophy on the club, it seems like most managers here post fergie just can't handle the sheer size and pressure of the club
Those type of managers are probably a bit of a dying breed, as we transition to tactics geek type managers who tend to be more introverted with their nose in an iPad

There are some around, but many will be advancing in years for this reason, like Mourinho, Ancelotti and Van Gaal.

Maybe Ange Postecoglou although he’s no spring chicken himself.

Craig Ward

What’s the fecking point in anything then? Might as well just delete the club and call it a day if there’s absolutely nothing we can do about anything anymore. God forbid sacking some shite Dutch manager might result in us hiring a good manager, but nah, let’s just give up before we try that.
With that kind of logic we may give up.

Ever consider that we have good managers and good players who all seem to fail on an endless loop?

Every single thing we have done since SAF has been a failure. It's not Ten Hag's fault we are in this mess, it's the way the club is run. Every single department within this club from the owners down is in disarray. Ten Hag is taking the brunt of the criticism when actually we are rotten from the inside

Craig Ward

I don't entirely disagree but it's quite possible a new manager might be able to learn from what hasn't worked over the last few months which ten hag seems incapable of. Ten hags tactical plan also appears hopelessly naive
We could nit pick at certain decisions for every manager in the league, even Pep. I think Ten Hag has a good tactical brain, I just think as a group of players only some of them are capable of performing to the level he wants. Which creates the illusion that the tactics don't work, when actually it's the players. Granted that would be some of the times, other times the manager may be in the wrong. But the point is - can certain players at this club perform at an elite level consistently? Certainly not

Camilo

Southgate might be the answer. Experienced, great nose, English, people pleaser.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It just seems inevitable that bloody Southgate will get the job here. So just be careful what you wish for.....

miliebrowndivorceattorney

When OGS got sacked everyone wanted someone who put the discipline back in this group. Rangnick was stopgap but ETH did and does a good job. Sill, if he doesnt make it, and Enery isnt available, id give my right arm for Bielsa. If one guy instills fear into players and make them run twice as hard as yesterday, its him. God, the look on Rashfords face alone if he comes in will be gold.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Villa are on a good run - by there usual standards - but I don’t understand why so many are clamouring for Emery when he comprehensively failed at Arsenal who are a much bigger club than Villa with higher expectations.
It’s a bit like everybody jizzing their pants over Ranieri when Leicester won the league, but nobody actually did that because it was clearly an anomaly.
He’s a good coach, but he’s not a top of the game manager. You wouldn’t put him on par with Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti etc. Ironically he’s probably on par with EtH at this point.

miliebrowndivorceattorney

Villa are on a good run - by there usual standards - but I don’t understand why so many are clamouring for Emery when he comprehensively failed at Arsenal who are a much bigger club than Villa with higher expectations.
It’s a bit like everybody jizzing their pants over Ranieri when Leicester won the league, but nobody actually did that because it was clearly an anomaly.
He’s a good coach, but he’s not a top of the game manager. You wouldn’t put him on par with Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti etc. Ironically he’s probably on par with EtH at this point.
Ranieri was a very good coach and had Leicester play in such a sophisticated way only come february iirc another manager figured out a way to beat them. That was LvG.

IRN-BRUno

Ranieri was a very good coach and had Leicester play in such a sophisticated way only come february iirc another manager figured out a way to beat them. That was LvG.
A shame he didn't bother using that then as we drew both games with them. Must have told Wenger instead!

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
When OGS got sacked everyone wanted someone who put the discipline back in this group. Rangnick was stopgap but ETH did and does a good job. Sill, if he doesnt make it, and Enery isnt available, id give my right arm for Bielsa. If one guy instills fear into players and make them run twice as hard as yesterday, its him. God, the look on Rashfords face alone if he comes in will be gold.
Yeah, because he has been so successful recently. People dream if they believe one trait will solve all our issues

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
They got beat 5-2 at home to Arsenal in September, lost to Liverpool in December, lost to Arsenal again in February, and drew both games against United, so I'm not sure what you're remembering.

Teja

Yep this.

But also people will be very quickly bored by his sufferball tactics. He's Jose 2.0 or closer to the new and improved Simeone not Pep / Klopp. I'd prefer we keep going with a consistent philosophy for once instead of doing a full 180 again.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rooney, Keane as assistant. Or the other way around.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We won the Uefa cup were second and then the club chose Paul Pogba over the manager. Yeah I do
We are talking about José "Football heritage" Mourinho? You do realize that this man took a shot at United just to save his own ego, in most self respecting club he would have been sacked just for that nonsensical comment. Also Pogba was the only reason he wasn't sacked earlier, in fact the three players that he was happy to shit lengthened his career at United, Shaw, Martial and Pogba. His favorites were embarrassingly bad especially Lukaku and Matic.

PannaPanda

We need so much to change before making any changes at managerial level. Whatever takeover stuff is going to happen, new footballing CEO to give us some actual direction, a Director of Football so we can have an plan when we go into a transfer window so we can buy players to fit a philosophy and not get ripped off. Then and only then will we see any benefit from a change in manager. Changing him now would be like fitting a new tire and a car with no engine

SER19

Plenty of the names being mentioned will fit perfectly next to the long long list of potentially disastrous appointments that were touted as credible options after every single post fergie sacking.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Ancelotti would be the logical choice, though not the most exciting in some ways. If he's available this summer then we should give it some thought. Think it would be a very safe but potentiality progressive move for Ratcliffe, an easy win really for him.