Who replaces Ten Hag?

Loon

:lol:
Who said this "You ARE Boehly"? Crying after being served the same name calling tactic? :rolleyes: You're as far from an "ETH assworshipper" as the distance between the two nostrils.
Name calling? Seriously?

ti vu

Tell me what your Klopp point had to do with an interim?
Recruitment team can do their thing independently working on transfers target for the club without manager influence? That interim manager would be expensive because the club would need to get interim manager his own signings, or interim manager would stop the club from buying selling players.

Free example: Hazard signed for Chelsea in May before Di Matteo who was still interim after winning the CL with Chelsea (Di Matteo appointed as permanent manager in June). KDB signed for Chelsea in January 2012 not for AVB who was getting the sack in March of the same year.

Go see a doctor if you're honestly thinking you read and responded in good faith. Else you just proved yourself to be a fecking internet troll.

Quoted the same post three times? That's a clear sign of internet troll.

Loon

Recruitment team can do their thing independently working on transfers target for the club without manager influence? That interim manager would be expensive because the club would need to get interim manager his own signings, or interim manager would stop the club from buying selling players.

Free example: Hazard signed for Chelsea in May before Di Matteo who was still interim after winning the CL with Chelsea (Di Matteo appointed as permanent manager in June). KDB signed for Chelsea in January 2012 not for AVB who was getting the sack in March of the same year.

Go see a doctor if you're honestly thinking you read and responded in good faith. Else you just proved yourself to be a fecking internet troll.

Quoted the same post three times? That's a clear sign of internet troll.
Aww, resulting to insults rather than intelligent discussion. Bye Bye!

ti vu

Name calling? Seriously?
Proving yourself a troll now right? Again quoting the same post now because you evaded reading the first time. Nice try strawman through this with trolling tactic.

Loon

Proving yourself a troll now right? Again quoting the same post now because you evaded reading the first time. Nice try strawman through this with trolling tactic.
Look up the meaning of “strawman”

redshaw

I really don't understand why he wouldn't adopt a similar strategy here, I believe he had the support, he got the signings he wanted and he got enough time - 1.5 years is more than enough.
There are managers that cannot get past a certain level or that "burn out" quickly.
Survival is not an option for him I'm afraid, he's well past that point and only a miracle can get us going again under him.

Support meaning in the club structure, not overindulging his limited knowledge of the player market. He also changed his approach in his second season, looked at past United sides and came up with a heavy attack transition idea utilizing Mount that would entertain fans. We've become more broken in attack with 18 goals, high transitions don't yield goals in the best of teams and we're very open to counters with no midfield. He's completely messed it up after not getting De Jong. Support would mean having structure to get him De Jong replacements and letting him coach with a set style, we have 400m wasted in circles now.

My comment of surviving is pretty much needing a miracle, I don't have any hope for him and aside from everything else his management of some players is questionable. I would handle Sancho situation differently and warned at the time it would affect Rashford and is not the way to handle a 72m asset. one that was showing himself to be fitter whether up to standard or not. He's gone too authoritative too soon and possibly took his golden goose (Rashford). He should be seeing how reliant we were on Rashford and how poor we are without an inform Casemiro.

Yakuza_devils

What is the guarantee that this new structure and proper football people will be successful?
Nothing is guarantee in this world. With proper structure and football people naturally we have more chance to success.

Just like when Klopp joined Liverpool at a time when they were shit rather than join us. Liverpool executives know what they were talking about whereas ours pitch the adult Disneyland.

NLunited

Give it Potter until the end of the season. We already know ETH is crap, and there’s still a possibility Potter isn’t. So why not? There’s not many others who’ll come in midseason.
That’s enough time to do Swan Lake.

Loon

Nothing is guarantee in this world. With proper structure and football people naturally we have more chance to success.

Just like when Klopp joined Liverpool at a time when they were shit rather than join us. Liverpool executives know what they were talking about whereas ours pitch the adult Disneyland.
Absolutely. Have to hope the new structure (or more accurately the appointment of actual football people) has more success.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
:rolleyes:

I saw their games away at Madrid and both legs vs Juve - they were exciting, playing on the front foot, fearlessly, creating nice combinations, against on-paper much better teams. Nothing like what we play this season, which is a mindless front-foot mentality, and even though last season had decent spells of football, it looked nothing like his Ajax.
I haven't seen any hispter accounts ffs. I saw that team and was impressed.
We also have had more than a few impressive performances against other top teams under various different managers. But unfortunately, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Ajax's 2018-19 run is quoted as some kind of superlative achievement that certifies Ten Hag's genius. However, no one quotes that in the following three seasons, they bowed out in the group stages twice (Not making a mark in Europa either after they dropped out from the CL) and lost to mighty Benefica in the Round of 16 in the 2021-2022 season. The 19-20 & 20-21 season in which they couldn't get of the group stages, their groups were Chelsea, Valencia & Lille and Liverpool, Atlanta & Midjytland respectively. Neither of those would qualify as particularly hard groups to get out from, especially for a guy who folks think will take us to the promised land.

About the "hipster" thing, I didn't say that everyone who believes in ETH is a hipster. If you read my earlier post again, I pointed out that a few paint these rosy pictures of a manager after reading these asinine and over-complicated analysis from the Twitter/Insta football experts and then hype the manager to the heavens without watching many games of the teams they have managed earlier.

tenhagsimp

We also have had more than a few impressive performances against other top teams under various different managers. But unfortunately, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Ajax's 2018-19 run is quoted as some kind of superlative achievement that certifies Ten Hag's genius. However, no one quotes that in the following three seasons, they bowed out in the group stages twice (Not making a mark in Europa either after they dropped out from the CL) and lost to mighty Benefica in the Round of 16 in the 2021-2022 season. The 19-20 & 20-21 season in which they couldn't get of the group stages, their groups were Chelsea, Valencia & Lille and Liverpool, Atlanta & Midjytland respectively. Neither of those would qualify as particularly hard groups to get out from, especially for a guy who folks think will take us to the promised land.

About the "hipster" thing, I didn't say that everyone who believes in ETH is a hipster. If you read my earlier post again, I pointed out that a few paint these rosy pictures of a manager after reading these asinine and over-complicated analysis from the Twitter/Insta football experts and then hype the manager to the heavens without watching many games of the teams they have managed earlier.
His defenders bringing up his CL run is equivalent to someone saying we should appoint Di Matteo because of his CL trophy. He also outspent his rivals in the Eredivisie by a huge magnitude therefore its a war crime if he didnt win the league. There are articles that mentioned ETH gives his players "freedom" in attacking movement the closer they get into the opponent goal. Personally I think this freedom is the cause of our disastrous attacking malaise where in the current football climate everything is arranged and sequenced to a tee (especially defending). Giving attacking freedom to these low iq players just spells suicide and the result shows itself in the pitch where we cant hit a barn door. I cannot post any link but you can easily find this by googling "ten hag attacking freedom".

Daengophile

I'd be pretty sure we'll have a new DoF and manager in place by the end of the season

Whoever comes in needs to turn 20 pigs' ears into 15 silk purses by whatever means available

AneRu

His defenders bringing up his CL run is equivalent to someone saying we should appoint Di Matteo because of his CL trophy. He also outspent his rivals in the Eredivisie by a huge magnitude therefore its a war crime if he didnt win the league. There are articles that mentioned ETH gives his players "freedom" in attacking movement the closer they get into the opponent goal. Personally I think this freedom is the cause of our disastrous attacking malaise where in the current football climate everything is arranged and sequenced to a tee (especially defending). Giving attacking freedom to these low iq players just spells suicide and the result shows itself in the pitch where we cant hit a barn door. I cannot post any link but you can easily find this by googling "ten hag attacking freedom".
He also got here and got us to a third place finish, a Cup and an FA Cup appearance. Our progress was fragile because of the weaknesses we showed during that run and that's why we needed the summer window to address those issues but he lost his way and it's all gone tits up.

Ultimately he will fail because of recruitment; Antony, Mount and Hoijlund set us back by a few years and haven't delivered. Yes Hoijlund is young but you have to question the logic of investing all that much in a kid with a handful of goals his play style contrasts with that of our best attacker - Rashford needs a 9 with good hold up and link up play to play off. If Hoijlund had been a playmaking striker in the mould of Kane Rashford's form wouldn't have nosedived so massively.

Re: Antony, we didn't need him to be Salah special even though that's the level we paid for but if he had been a workhorse raking in 20+ G and A we wouldn't be in this position. Eriksen, each time he plays shows us what we needed from our midfield signing, we pretty much needed a younger version of him. The fee we paid for both, we should have been able to get more effective alternatives at £100m and used the remaining £40m to sign a back up DM.

That failure in recruitment and his sudden change to whatever this tactic of his is is why he he has to go. That doesn't erase what he achieved at Ajax and last season at United, in fact his show last season showed that his appointment was merited. He just failed to build on it and has thus regressed massively.

Andy_Cole

I really wanted Ten Hag ahead of Poch. I wanted the flavour of the month who played the best football in Europe at the time. But it hasn’t worked out. We play awful stuff. If we were losing games and playing well I’d had been more patient. But I’ve not seen anything worse. Bournemouth and West Ham should’ve got him the sack. He’s got time because of the takeover stuff but now that’s done he’s on death row. Wouldn’t be surprised if today is his last game.

LazyGoal

Ole is the only short term option. If we want a long term soloution we need to have that in place before we fire ETH — regardless of results.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So it's gotten really ugly really fast. The only thing ETH can do at this point is drop a host of senior players and trust young players, as well as obviously playing a double pivot.

That being said, what's been the talk here, besides some romantic notion of Ole as interim or Potter as a permanent fix?

Has anyone with an ounce of authority and unshaken self-belief been suggested?

I can't think of anyone significant who would come in now as a permanent manager, but it's not too bleak if they actually already want to savage the squad and instil their tactical stamp on the side with just a match a week for 4-5 months.

Call me crazy, but the only option I'd be remotely OK with at the moment would be Carrick, a huge risk, but I think he's intelligent. Which would be the first box to tick.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Doesn't matter who we bring in as a temp. We are doing nothing for the rest of the season. We will finish about 10th. So little point on wasting money on an outsider. Let one of the clown assistants ETH brought in take over till the summer.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
So it's gotten really ugly really fast. The only thing ETH can do at this point is drop a host of senior players and trust young players, as well as obviously playing a double pivot.

That being said, what's been the talk here, besides some romantic notion of Ole as interim or Potter as a permanent fix?

Has anyone with an ounce of authority and unshaken self-belief been suggested?

I can't think of anyone significant who would come in now as a permanent manager, but it's not too bleak if they actually already want to savage the squad and instil their tactical stamp on the side with just a match a week for 4-5 months.

Call me crazy, but the only option I'd be remotely OK with at the moment would be Carrick, a huge risk, but I think he's intelligent. Which would be the first box to tick.
A decent manager can do that in a few games during pre season. The idea that a manager needs months to impose his style is silly.

Loon

Given how fickle this place is, this week’s swipe right crush has to be David Moyes…?

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Apparently Erik is a fraud for losing to West Ham, but Arteta is elite coach who just got unlucky, or something.

NLunited

That's my first choice too,however think he is waiting for Madrid or possibly scousers
We should not go for flavour of the month managers. Let this guy coach for a while longer, until we can be sure he is class.

croadyman

Shortlist (available/already managing)

Alonso
De Zerbi
Ancelotti
Nagelsmann
Enrique
Flick
Amorim

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Let Ten Hag finish the season and then make the call.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Let Ten Hag finish the season and then make the call.

I am almost certain that he will finish up the season. You couldnt sign on proper managers in mid-season anyway. Nobody will want to come without getting in their preseason training.