Who should be United's Captain in 2020/21?

Marvin-ator

Sterling’s from London. So excuse me if I don’t agree with you.
Think it's been established that his bias was racial.

Ask most people from the north and they will tell you the media is incredibly london biased...

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
If the Maguire's appeal is not successful then probably Matic.

All for criminals getting a second chance, but if your found guilty of causing bodily harm, attempted bribery, violence against public employees then I think it at least should be a while before you are the captain of one of the sporting clubs in the world

Crashoutcassius

Should clearly be Harry Maguire. Posters are deluded if they actually think the arm band matters and to strip Harry of captaincy would show no support and potentially ruin one of our biggest transfer of all time which has been a reasonable success so far. Just support him and get back to focussing on improving the club.

Best part of all this has been watching the 7 year olds with Fernandez as their twitter pic calling for Harrys head haha

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Should clearly be Harry Maguire. Posters are deluded if they actually think the arm band matters and to strip Harry of captaincy would show no support and potentially ruin one of our biggest transfer of all time which has been a reasonable success so far. Just support him and get back to focussing on improving the club.

Best part of all this has been watching the 7 year olds with Fernandez as their twitter pic calling for Harrys head haha
Excellently put and couldn’t agree more.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It should be Maguire even if he wasn't the main leader he should keep it. The armband doesn't mean much at the end of the day, if Bruno is the leader of the team he doesn't need to be THE captain.

Last edited:

KennyBurner

Bruno fernandes is the only good option now that Maguire is a convicted criminal. Pogba is the other alternative but it’s better when he isn’t given too much responsibility.

KennyBurner

It should be Maguire even if he wasn't the main leader he should keep it. The armband doesn't mean much at the of the day, if Bruno is the leader of the team he doesn't need to be THE captain.
Biggest club in the world need to lead by example as we always do. Can’t have a criminal as our leader.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Biggest club in the world need to lead by example as we always do. Can’t have a criminal as our leader.
It's a good thing that he isn't then. Maguire is presumed innocent.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
So by the technical definition of the word 'criminal', any person who has broken the law, be it capital murder or a speeding violation, are technically considered: a criminal.

Until a trial has proceeded and the appeal process is extinguished, you are not bound by a verdict.

Plus the sentence has been reversed on appeal so Harry Maguire is guilty of nothing currently.

Crashoutcassius

It should be Maguire even if he wasn't the main leader he should keep it. The armband doesn't mean much at the of the day, if Bruno is the leader of the team he doesn't need to be THE captain.
Well said pal and agree. Can we not as a fan base move on and help the club move on

alexthelion

I hate to use this word but in this case i must. De Gea deserved to be a captain and if we will change captain he is the one. It was great injustice to skip him and give it to new player. His form has nothing to do with captaincy. If he will go to bench then vice captain will took over (Pogba would be my choice for that role).
I know it's getting on a bit, but neither de Gea or Pogba should be anywhere near the armband.

Can't think of two worse (regular) players to choose.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Bruno fernandes is the only good option now that Maguire is a convicted criminal. Pogba is the other alternative but it’s better when he isn’t given too much responsibility.
Pure myth.

I know it's getting on a bit, but neither de Gea or Pogba should be anywhere near the armband.

Can't think of two worse (regular) players to choose.
If those should not be near the captaincy then Maguire should not even look at it.

Revan

Assumptionman
He is not a criminal. At least not until proven guilty.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Don't need to have the armband to be leader. Keane has said it before that he didn't see himself as the leader even though he had the armband. Beside, no evidence so far tells Maguire is a criminal. Bunch of shite show from Greece's law, listen to polices who provided no evidence and refused to listen to the other side. :houllier:

thaddy

if eric can kick a fan and still remain captain then maguire should still have it.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Maguire is hardly a violent thug Joey Barton type character. He obviously put himself in a situation where it could of been a lot worse but those sort of things could of happened to absolutely anyone and those who don't believe that really have led a sheltered life which why for me Maguire should keep the armband at least until his retrial.

If Maguire thinks the pressure is too much then I'd give the armband to Bruno but stripping Maguire of the captaincy could have a very negative effect not only for Maguire but for the team as a whole. Let's not forget that Maguire in the eyes of the law is still innocent.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pogba. If he signs. If not, Bruno.

nothing to do the with Maguires troubles in Greece, I just don’t like him as captain. It’s clear Pogba runs the dressing room, might as well just make it official. Pogba & Bruno are our main leaders on the pitch.

Eli Zee

If you want a real captain thats respected and will motivate people with words and through actions, Bruno.

if you want a captain that will motivate people through anger and screaming, maguire.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
If you want a real captain thats respected and will motivate people with words and through actions, Bruno.

if you want a captain that will motivate people through anger and screaming, maguire.
It’s literally the opposite to that. Maguire is incredibly well respected and has made strides in the dressing room. Bruno was moaning at Lindelof for little.

downunder red

We should be backing our captain all the way!!! Not asking for his head. Some times I honestly wonder about some of our so called supporters on Caf.
Pesonally I think Harry has done a fine job last season and he has got my vote to keep the captaincy.

hobbers

Maguire, regardless of what happens with his trial.

If we're honest, Bruno is much better captaincy material than Maguire. He's obviously much smarter, more passionate and more vocal.

But we shouldn't be dropping Maguire as captain just because some spineless cretins in the media think a circle jerk of Greek plain clothes police and faster-than-instant-coffee court system means he should be grovelling in apologies, dropped from club and international football and put up in a stockade in Mykonos.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If the Maguire's appeal is not successful then probably Matic.

All for criminals getting a second chance, but if your found guilty of causing bodily harm, attempted bribery, violence against public employees then I think it at least should be a while before you are the captain of one of the sporting clubs in the world
like John Terry?

Mike Smalling

Maguire. No need to rock the boat, in my opinion. Also, we still don't have the full outcome of Maguire's incident.

I honestly don't think the captaincy is that important anyway. Bruno will continue to be a leader in the dressing room and on the pitch, whether or not he gets the captaincy.

Eddy_JukeZ

Maguire.

But Bruno is the leader/catalyst of this team.

Just like when Valencia was captain, Ibra was the leader/catalyst.

Captains aren't the only ones who lead.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Maguire. No need to rock the boat, in my opinion. Also, we still don't have the full outcome of Maguire's incident.

I honestly don't think the captaincy is that important anyway. Bruno will continue to be a leader in the dressing room and on the pitch, whether or not he gets the captaincy.
He isn't any of that but dream on.

Maguire.

But Bruno is the leader/catalyst of this team.

Just like when Valencia was captain, Ibra was the leader/catalyst.

Captains aren't the only ones who lead.
False.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I like the new hardman image surrounding Maguire right now. It gives him an edge on the pitch and the team by extension.

When Eric fly-kicked that mouthy twat, it enhanced his reputation rather than soured it. He became an instant hero overnight.