Who should be United's Captain in 2020/21?

jem

I will now that I have pointed out your fanboy stupidity
I believe the poster was saying that only Bruno (rather than the 9 others you mention) could be an alternative to Pogba. I'd give it to either of them.

Amarsdd

Our fans suck. Literally no support, with some posters even wanting him stripped of captaincy for this. Luckily, United are and have been a club to keep things in house and support our players. No way he gets stripped.
I don't care much for the twitter fans, but the first comment on one of those tweets from the sports journalist reporting on the Maguire case was something like "Please just strip him of captaincy. I won't be able to take the banter from opposition fans next season.". I really hope nobody like that are here or feels like that... really really hope that.

Wilt

Messi, would love to see him in a Utd shirt, though not sure Ole could handle him, besides he’d probably prefer Pep, ex manager, speaks Spanish, City oil money....

Last edited:

Bondi77

It has to be Maguire now even more so;
Who is going to mess with a guy who should be behind bars on the football field?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Bruno. He's a better captain off and on the pitch.

meamth

Bruno. He's a better captain off and on the pitch.
I like Maguire as captain.

But Bruno seems to have the same quality to point out his teammates mistakes...but nobody will be able to scold him off, he makes a lot of bad passess too.

Give it to Pogba.

devilish

But Bruno seems to have the same quality to point out his teammates mistakes...but nobody will be able to scold him off, he makes a lot of bad passess too.

Give it to Pogba.

Regarding your comment, that's a common problem with captain. Do you think anyone pointed to Robbo's or Keane's mistakes? Can you see Gary Neville with his lovely moustache screaming at Keane's face? Of course not. These guys are still scared at contradicting him on life TV.

Bruno reminds me of Keane in many ways. He hates losing, he's got a good idea of what is happening around him and he is quite vocal. He doesn't shy from doing the heavy lifting or taking responsibility (ex he wore the iconic Mancini's shirt number at Sampdoria) + he had already been captain before at Sporting. He lacks Keane's fear factor but also most of his vices.

Maguire can't even keep the defence in line let alone be captain of our team while Pogba has this annoying idea of sometimes thinking that he is playing on his own.

Wilt

Give it to Pogba.
Also wouldn’t mind Pogba, but Ole has already overlooked him for Maguire

Mcking

Maybe Sancho, or our last signing for this transfer window. The newer the player, the better.

Marvin-ator

Got to be Hazza - stand by him a create a tighter group when the world et al will be 'against' him /us.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Harry, if you're reading this please go on holiday to the USA, India, Egypt, Pakistan and other such countries and kick the shit out of the police.

Harry should not only remain as a captain but should be given the keys to Old Trafford.

Siddharth

I prefer Bruno in all honesty. But if you strip Slabhead of captaincy then our most important Centre Back may become demoralized.
He is not without flaws but the club has made a sizable investment on him plus he seems to enjoy captaincy.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Should never have been Captain in the first place and certainly should be stripped of the captaincy now .
This is Manchester United not a Sunday League team

Give it to Pogba.
Agreed but would also say Marcus Rashford or Lindelof.

If Maguire is not captain, I can think of 9 other players more suited than Pogba
I will now that I have pointed out your fanboy stupidity
You show yourself up everytime you post about your delusions around Pogba, give it a rest :boring:
Posts filled with absolute dross, and by the same token the other poster could say your posts about Fernandes are filled with 'fanboy stupidity' and 'delusions'.

Regarding your comment, that's a common problem with captain. Do you think anyone pointed to Robbo's or Keane's mistakes? Can you see Gary Neville with his lovely moustache screaming at Keane's face? Of course not. These guys are still scared at contradicting him on life TV.

Bruno reminds me of Keane in many ways. He hates losing, he's got a good idea of what is happening around him and he is quite vocal. He doesn't shy from doing the heavy lifting or taking responsibility (ex he wore the iconic Mancini's shirt number at Sampdoria) + he had already been captain before at Sporting. He lacks Keane's fear factor but also most of his vices.

Maguire can't even keep the defence in line let alone be captain of our team while Pogba has this annoying idea of sometimes thinking that he is playing on his own.
Funny, the most selfish player in the squad would be the player who reminds you of Keane(not similar in any sense btw), always taking pot shots when he would be better off playing in another player.

You really don’t like Maguire do you?
You don't like great captains do you?

devilish

Agreed but would also say Marcus Rashford or Lindelof.

Posts filled with absolute dross, and by the same token the other poster could say your posts about Fernandes are filled with 'fanboy stupidity' and 'delusions'.

Funny, the most selfish player in the squad would be the player who reminds you of Keane(not similar in any sense btw), always taking pot shots when he would be better off playing in another player.

Are you saying that Bruno is selfish?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
? I’m not sure what you’re saying there.

I’ve never said Maguire is a great captain. I’ve seen plenty of great captains in my time, not just united but other teams too.

Maguire hasn’t proved a great captain yet, but I think he’s a decent captain.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Never did Steve Bruce any harm when he had the Captaincy taken away from him, in fact he admitted he probably wasn't ready for it when he first got it, and it wouldn't do Harry any harm either, though if he does lose the Captaincy i'd hope it was him adamant it was the right thing to do by standing-down, and not the club giving in to the media who will now sure as shit is shit drive the Maguire must be stripped of the Captaincy campaign.

lsd

The Oracle
I prefer Bruno in all honesty. But if you strip Slabhead of captaincy then our most important Centre Back may become demoralized.
He is not without flaws but the club has made a sizable investment on him plus he seems to enjoy captaincy.

Oh well he clearly has the right mentality if not being Captain will cause him to down tools:rolleyes:

Walters_19_MuFc

Thanks for that link. Sounds like we were in an unfortunate situation at the time, and Maguire was a beneficiary of that.

I do think that the likes of Matic, Pogba, and Bruno instruct others and lead on the pitch better than Maguire, so Ole must be seeing something behind the scenes which Maguire has but the others don't. That's the only way it makes sense.

Well, this is it. Fans like ourselves only see what's happening on the pitch, but as you said, there's obviously something he's been doing right behind the scenes.

That being said, whilst it's obviously a privilege to wear the captains' armband, we should have 11 captains' on the pitch, so to speak, and I think this season we've certainly been better in that regard.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Are you saying that Bruno is selfish?
Don't misquote me mate, I said most selfish.

? I’m not sure what you’re saying there.

I’ve never said Maguire is a great captain. I’ve seen plenty of great captains in my time, not just united but other teams too.

Maguire hasn’t proved a great captain yet, but I think he’s a decent captain.
I am posing the same angled question to you that you posed to the other poster.

I agree with you he is only decent but the captain should be better than that.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I am posing the same angled question to you that you posed to the other poster.
My angled question wasn’t meant to be angled, it was meant to be a direct accusation based on the other posters constant and long standing hammering of Maguire in the Maguire performance thread.