Who should the caretaker manager be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meninred

The rumours so far

Carrick..48 hours caretaker

Caretaker manager..potentially till end of season.
Ole...giggs..blanc..

Manager
Potential Candidates

Zidane
Poch
Simione
Southgate

minoo-utd

I think Ed will go with the easiest choice and give it to Carrick as he knows the inside better.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Wenger is the best of many bad options, Blanc hasn't been in the game for 3 seasons, Ole's only success has been in the Norwegian league and Carrick/McKenna etc never even managed anything more than a reserve unit.

This squad is also probably more talented than anything Wenger managed since he sold van Persie.
I'd be totally on board with Wenger really. Could probably convince the players to stay we want to keep and build some of the respect level back up before the permanent appointment comes in. And if he does superb...perhaps he ll want the gig longer... Things I never thought id say a few years ago.

Snafu17

"West Ham v Man Utd: Kagawa in team, Rooney, Young, Fellaini & Mata all start, Welbeck sub"

Feck, that must have been a grim game.
Was that the game Rooney scored from the halfway line?

Rooney24

The caretaker just needs to steady the ship a bit, build the players confidence and get them playing some decent football. The expectation and remit shouldnt really be much more than that at the minute given the season is practically written off.

Tiber

One of the arguments against Jose was that football passed him by.

And some of you want to hire Wenger?

Smores

I'd be totally on board with Wenger really. Could probably convince the players to stay we want to keep and build some of the respect level back up before the permanent appointment comes in. And if he does superb...perhaps he ll want the gig longer... Things I never thought id say a few years ago.
I think you've forgot how bad Arsenal looked at times under Wenger, it would be a ridiculous decision.

klsv

Yeah I get Ole has been a manager but has been so for two spells at an awful league, between that getting relegated with Cardiff. I'm not saying Carrick is my preference but between those two I'm really not sure.

One of the arguments against Jose was that football passed him by.

And some of you want to hire Wenger?
This. I was sure it was people having a laugh at first, now I'm worried.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
MEN reckon Blanc is being considered. Pretty much everyone else says he isn't.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Ferguson would be a brilliant left-field appointment. We know he had his health scare last season but it’s only a short-term appointment. Imagine the shot in the arm that would give the Club as a whole...

Dazzmondo

The rumours so far

Carrick..48 hours caretaker

Caretaker manager..potentially till end of season.
Ole...giggs..blanc..

Manager
Potential Candidates

Zidane
Poch
Simione
Southgate
Simeone or Southgate would absolute crush my optimism

Mr. Ant

Yeah I get Ole has been a manager but has been so for two spells at an awful league, between that getting relegated with Cardiff. I'm not saying Carrick is my preference but between those two I'm really not sure.

This. I was sure it was people having a laugh at first, now I'm worried.
Well three years ago Molde finished 1st in their EL group, they play good football and under Ole they won some trophies.

I'm not saying he will save this club but I'm looking forward to rest of the season if he'll be our manager.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Ferguson would be a brilliant left-field appointment. We know he had his health scare last season but it’s only a short-term appointment. Imagine the shot in the arm that would give the Club as a whole...
People underestimate the pressures that Man Utd brings. I wouldn't want that on Fergie after his health scare. Let's not be selfish. His health and family is more important than the club.

Tiber

The man almost died from a fecking brain haemorrhage a few months ago.

Bwuk

Ferguson would be a mistake.

None of his staff are here, and he’s been gone for years. I wouldn’t want the idiots to give him sh*t if he didn’t improve us immediately.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'd take Ole at this point. Why not? Is anyone we get gonna stop Phil Jones scoring own goals? No. So may as well give it to a lad we already sing songs for.

Orange Tree

I'd very much like Ole to be the caretaker. Yes, he doesn't have a great track record, but this season is a write off anyway.

We just need someone positive and a fan favourite taking over could be a great boost.

hungrywing

About seven instagram-runners would lose their jobs for at least the next six months.

Dazzmondo

I'd very much like Ole to be the caretaker. Yes, he doesn't have a great track record, but this season is a write off anyway.

We just need someone positive and a fan favourite taking over could be a great boost.
We're still in the Champions League atm

Dinghy

Think Solskjaer would be perfect as an interim manager. He'll no doubt bring back some positivity and get the fans on board. He'll also not hesitate to play young players, and he knows what this club is all about.

Tiber

His record in Norway is fine. Not to be United boss but to fill in when we have nothing to lose? Sure

Hard to blame him for not saving Cardiff when the club was in a mess. Though (and I remember saying this at the time) he was a complete idiot for even taking the job in the first place and should absolutely be balmed for that error. He had a good rep from his work with Molde at the time and should have waited for the right Premier League job rather than walking into an already sinking ship and taking much of his good reputation down with it

Moriarty

Ferguson would be a mistake.

None of his staff are here, and he’s been gone for years. I wouldn’t want the idiots to give him sh*t if he didn’t improve us immediately.
As much as I love Fergie, I hope he stays out of it. The poor bloke is still recovering from a major illness and managing again might set him back.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Give it to Ole for the reminder of the season. He's one of our own and the season has been a disaster so we don't have much to lose.

manichester

Ole IS a legend I would not want him to risk tarnishing that. As long as it is an attacking coach I don't see why they have to have previous links with the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.