Who will make the Champions League Final?

Crustanoid

Chelsea v City
City v PSG
Or
PSG v Chelsea

for the next 300 years or else when the human race dies out. Actually someone correctly pointed out in the Oil wankers thread that plastic will survive for ever. So once the zombie apocalypse happens, they should be ok.

CL 2301 final = Zombies v Plastic Army

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
People rating Bayern highly is fine, they are a good team. But we should wait how Nagelsmann works out there, big question mark imo. Could go either way.

PSG in the final with one of the others in top 10
this is what everyone is forgetting re Bayern. No Flick. They’ve replaced him with a guy that is younger than Lionel Messi. No guarantee that they just continue on in the same vein……

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
PSG vs Chelsea
No way are this Chelsea team making two Champions League finals in a row. Only truly elite teams manage that. They’re good, but nowhere near that good.

I’d go with PSG (not an original opinion, I know…) and I have a sneaky feeling for Real Madrid and Man United as well. Gonna be a big year for Man United and I think they can mount a serious challenge for the league or the CL if the new signings gel.

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
You just need some favorable ties. It is a cup tournament.
and it’s not like any other club in the continent has gotten significantly better since last season. The Spanish and Italian leagues have shrunk back, Dortmund is replacing Sancho with Malen and Bayern are standing still with player renewals not going smoothly.

Players like Havertz can get much better and a lot more of the Chelsea squad is closer to their prime. I can see as many as three English teams in the semis alongside Paris. I chose Chelsea as they seem to be a good cup team.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
You just need some favorable ties. It is a cup tournament.
I get that but you still need to be an elite team if you’re going to make two finals in a row. Can you name any teams that ‘favourably drew’ their way to back to back finals? In recent years we’ve had the Liverpool machine of a couple of years ago, the Madrid threepeat team, the Bayern treble winning team and the Manchester United league and CL double winning team. Are Chelsea now as good as any of them? I understand that all those teams had some luck in making multiple finals, but you still need to actually be a great team to do it, not just a good one. That’s what the pattern of history suggests anyway.

Two of those teams featured Ronaldo, who’s the Ronaldo in this Chelsea team? At present they don’t even have a player that can reliably score goals FFS. Even if they get Lukaku, there’s question marks over him at the highest level.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I get that but you still need to be an elite team if you’re going to make two finals in a row. Can you name any teams that ‘favourably drew’ their way to back to back finals? In recent years we’ve had the Liverpool machine of a couple of years ago, the Madrid threepeat team, the Bayern treble winning team and the Manchester United league and CL double winning team. Are Chelsea now as good as any of them? I understand that all those teams had some luck in making multiple finals, but you still need to actually be a great team to do it, not just a good one. That’s what the pattern of history suggests anyway.

Two of those teams featured Ronaldo, who’s the Ronaldo in this Chelsea team? At present they don’t even have a player that can reliably score goals FFS. Even if they get Lukaku, there’s question marks over him at the highest level.
There aren’t many truly great teams at the minute.

And because of that you don’t have to be elite to get to two finals.

Valencia once made two finals in a row and they weren’t an elite team at the time. It’s not unheard of.

chilax

Supports
Chelsea
No way are this Chelsea team making two Champions League finals in a row. Only truly elite teams manage that. They’re good, but nowhere near that good.

I’d go with PSG (not an original opinion, I know…) and I have a sneaky feeling for Real Madrid and Man United as well. Gonna be a big year for Man United and I think they can mount a serious challenge for the league or the CL if the new signings gel.
The confidence with which people spew nonsense here is mind-boggling.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.

Valencia once made two finals in a row and they weren’t an elite team at the time. It’s not unheard of.
That’s probably one of a vanishingly small number of examples in 65 years of European Cup football. And it was 20 years ago.

I think it’s extremely unlikely that Chelsea make it back. Their win looks much more like a one off stars aligning type thing than the start of some period of dominance cos they’re simply not that good. And I take the point about some of the teams being weaker now, but there’s still plenty of competition about.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
The confidence with which people spew nonsense here is mind-boggling.
Chelsea are not getting to back to back finals, you’re just gonna have to deal with it. No need to cry about it……

Paul_Scholes18

I feel the top is better than ever before. So many strong sides. Going to be some interesting CL groups.

This is how I rate the teams.

Expected potential winners Chelsea, City, PSG, Bayern
Outside bet for the win Man United, Liverpool, Real, Barca, Juventus, Atletico Madrid.
Top teams that could go far, but probably not all the way. Dortmund, Atalanta, Sevilla, Villareal, Inter, Ac Milan, Leipzig.
Then teams that might suprise and reach round of 16. Porto. Wolfsburg, Ajax, Lille.

I guess the difference with the past is that Real madrid and Barcelona are weaker without Messi, Ronaldo and the chance for PL side better than before to win it again.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Liverpool vs. Chelsea - Klopp's reign of terror continues.

Another all-English final anyway.

NewYorkRed

I honestly think we can make it. IMO, with our defense, if Sancho clicks this season then even without a midfield signing, we have a really good team for the cups (the league is a different story). I’m going to say Utd vs one of City/PSG. So pumped for this season, haven’t been this excited in a really long time !

abundance

Supports
Inter
I feel a great disturbance in the semis, as if millions of hipsters suddenly ejaculated in their pants and were suddenly sedated.

Lille Olympique Sporting Club vs. RasenBallsport Leipzig e.V.
Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund vs. Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio

Nickelodeon

You're probably an overseas fan so I won't be rude. It's a common joke that Man Utd are a London club given how many supporters you have in London and how packed the trains are at London Euston station with United fans 4 hours before your home games.
Appreciate it. Had no clue about it.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Man Red vs Chelski :wenger:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Bayern Vs City
Yeah I'm not holding my breath.

Our closest competitors of recent years sign Donnarumma, Wijnaldum, Sergio Ramos and Leo fecking Messi on a free. We sign Omar Richards from Reading FC on a free.
Not even going to talk about Man City's transfer spending.

At some point something's got to give.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
PSG vs anyone that is not PSG. And PSG losing the final. Messi scoring into his own net because be saw Ramos.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah I'm not holding my breath.

Our closest competitors of recent years sign Donnarumma, Wijnaldum, Sergio Ramos and Leo fecking Messi on a free. We sign Omar Richards from Reading FC on a free.
Not even going to talk about Man City's transfer spending.

At some point something's got to give.
I'm not convinced by PSGs defence. An ultra attacking front three that won't track back, Veratti who is never fit and a defence that seemingly will rely on past it Ramos and Hakimi who is basically a winger.

dal

I don’t think it’s easy as picking a final two teams, it’s a cup it doesn’t work like that.

However I think the final will be composed
Out of two of the below teams.

Man Utd, Liverpool, PSG, Chelsea.

I really feel city will collapse in the champions league.

Son

People rating Bayern highly is fine, they are a good team. But we should wait how Nagelsmann works out there, big question mark imo. Could go either way.

PSG in the final with one of the others in top 10
Bayern had 31 shots on goal against PSG in a single match last season. PSG won by the skin of their teeth. God knows how then got slapped down by City comfortably.

I don’t get the confidence in PSG at all. Bang average league form as a bonus and they lost to Lille again last week.

Hardly peak Barcelona is it

City are the team to beat still until proven otherwise if you ask me. You can’t get the ball off them when they are on form.

Last edited:

Devil81

PSG and one of the English sides.

Without speaking too badly of the other leagues around Europe everyone seems to either be on the decline or suffering due to the impacts of Covid. Bayern being the only exception but I don't think they are the strongest at the moment either.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I feel a great disturbance in the semis, as if millions of hipsters suddenly ejaculated in their pants and were suddenly sedated.

Lille Olympique Sporting Club vs. RasenBallsport Leipzig e.V.
Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund vs. Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio
This would more than make up for United not making it to the final :D