Who will Mourinho sign for the Spurs?

Skills

Snitch
About the sweeper keeper: it's dubious where his position is. At Madrid he said he preferred Diego Lopez because had better distribution, better with his feet and coming off the line.

The defense needs improvement, but I think the players at disposal are quite functional without being extraordinary ones.

Their problems are upfront. yes, Moura and Lamela are competent players, but nowadays football needs a lot of creativity from the wings. And no real alternative to Kane, although the DoF is to blame for not getting a decent backup on the market.
Wasn't that mainly because he hated Casilas and Lopez was the best he could do?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Think he will be really happy he has Kane, who can fill the target man role he wants.

Be interesting which players will be asked to do more or different roles than they've been used to under poch (Alli, Eriksen) and how they'll respond.

He'll be looking to upgrade on Winks first, I reckon. They have no real defensive midfielder.

Zoo

A goalkeeper and I really wouldn't be surprised to see Fellaini back in the PL as he's versatile, loved by Jose and provides a bit of physicality.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Think he will be really happy he has Kane, who can fill the target man role he wants.

Be interesting which players will be asked to do more or different roles than they've been used to under poch (Alli, Eriksen) and how they'll respond.

He'll be looking to upgrade on Winks first, I reckon. They have no real defensive midfielder.
He'll like Dier I think

Devil81

Hopefully he still see's a player in Eric Bailly and Lindelof, both are a complete liability.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Wasn't that mainly because he hated Casilas and Lopez was the best he could do?
That was probably the main reason :D But on the press conference where he lost it about the 1000th time they questioned him about it, he said it was because the above reasons.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
About the sweeper keeper: it's dubious where his position is. At Madrid he said he preferred Diego Lopez because had better distribution, better with his feet and coming off the line.

The defense needs improvement, but I think the players at disposal are quite functional without being extraordinary ones.

Their problems are upfront. yes, Moura and Lamela are competent players, but nowadays football needs a lot of creativity from the wings. And no real alternative to Kane, although the DoF is to blame for not getting a decent backup on the market.
They have Son for the one wide berth and I would assume he'll try and play Eriksen or Alli out on the other side, and shore up the midfield.

Maybe he'll play a front 3 of Alli - Kane - Son with 3 of Eriksen, Dier, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks and Sissoko in the middle.

But yeah, not a bad squad but he will need 2-4 additions.

yamo123x

Matic, Mata, Jones, Lingard all available Jose but you will need to pay big as these are the muts nuts.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I don't really think he's going to have that big input on the transfers. Back at Porto and Inter he had limited input and things went well. Just because you're a good manager doesn't mean you're a good scout.

Greck

This thread :lol:. Get ready Spurs fans because the suggestions here are all very realistic signings. He has specific player tastes that don't exactly stir excitement

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
Very strange appointment. Spurs have been a fast moving attack minded team, Jose is a solid defensive minded manager.

It won’t be long before the fans vent their frustration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andersonson

Tottenhams defence could use a signing or two. I very much doubt he'll buy anyone from United, unless they come very very cheap. Smalling for 15/18m doesnt seem like a bad deal though. Getting our 2nd best CB for nothing would be a great deal for them.

I expect him to do a very good job with the squad tottenham got. Mourinho and Kane could be a deadly combo

TheReligion

Abusive
Wanyama is fecked, and Dier has some mystery illness, which he does seem to be over now. Wasn't Bruno on Jose's radar?
I'm certain Dier will be your DM and Jose likes to play 2 in that role. How do you see him setting up and what are your thoughts? I think he'll get you a trophy during his tenure but not sure it'll be worth the trade in. Your squad is in a make or break situation and much care is needed with regards to managing the possible outgoings and replacements IMO. Do you trust Jose for the job?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
He'll like Dier I think
Rumours were he wanted Dier a long time ago here.

Wanyama to rise from the dead with Dier as a two man holding set up?
Wanyama is done at PL level, physically his body not up to task anymore, much like Dembele before him.

Definitely have some players in the squad that are Jose players. I dont think the likes of Walker Peters, Moura, Winks, that Skipp kid have much of a future, not enough physicality about them to be in a Jose team. Maybe Winks will see some games as part of a three in midfield.

TheReligion

Abusive
Rumours were he wanted Dier a long time ago here.

Wanyama is done at PL level, physically his body not up to task anymore, much like Dembele before him.

Definitely have some players in the squad that are Jose players. I dont think the likes of Walker Peters, Moura, Winks, that Skipp kid have much of a future, not enough physicality about them to be in a Jose team. Maybe Winks will see some games as part of a three in midfield.
I can see him bring in another forward with Kane. Doubt he'll trust Parrot. Not sure he'll like Deli Alii either although he's massively out of form.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'm certain Dier will be your DM and Jose likes to play 2 in that role. How do you see him setting up and what are your thoughts? I think he'll get you a trophy during his tenure but not sure it'll be worth the trade in. Your squad is in a make or break situation and much care is needed with regards to managing the possible outgoings and replacements IMO. Do you trust Jose for the job?

We have the kind of players he likes, Dier, Sissoko, NDombele, GLC are all physical players, I have no idea how he is going to line up. Trust him? No idea, but I will certainly support him, nothing much else we can do.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He has no use for Matic, he'll just push Dier into DM. Not sure if he'll use Ndombele but otherwise he still has options in Wanyama and Sissoko to do the leg work in midfield.

Kane
Son Eriksen Moura
Ndombele Dier
Rose Vertonghen Alderweireld Walker-Pieters
Lloris​

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

I dont see Kane as a typical Jose striker.

In fact Jose with this Spurs squad is a strange marriage indeed.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
We have the kind of players he likes, Dier, Sissoko, NDombele, GLC are all physical players, I have no idea how he is going to line up. Trust him? No idea, but I will certainly support him, nothing much else we can do.
It might help the defenders like Alderweireld to play a low defensive block and not have the forwards press as much as Poch required. Jose will like the team a lot more compact and lot less adventurous.

Bestietom

He will turn Ndombele into a top DM.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I dont see Kane as a typical Jose striker.

In fact Jose with this Spurs squad is a strange marriage indeed.
What is the typical Jose striker?

McCarthy at porto.
Drogba, famously, at chelsea, 1st time.
At Inter Zlatan, then Eto'o/Milito.
At Real it was Benzema.
Then second time around at Chelsea, he had to make do with Torres, Ba and Eto'o (again), before getting Costa and Drogba (again).
Then at united, it was Zlatan (again) and then Lukaku.

I think he fulfils the overall credentials Mourinho wants of someone who is physical enough to receive the ball with his back to goal under pressure and has enough in his allround game that he can use him for more than goalscoring (Lukaku stands out as the major exception here).

OhGee

Pity we got rid of Lukaku -we could have easily swapped Lukaku for Kane + 50 million (they pay us) ...

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Unless he has changed Mourinho's usual template is to buy (or have) a playmaker and a Target Man. Lampard-Drogba Sneijder-Milito Cesc-Costa Pogba-Ibra to name a few

UpWithRivers

Think he will start by getting the out of contract players to sign. Wouldn't be surprised to see Eriksen, Alderweild etc get new contracts in the coming weeks.