Who will we sign?

Roboc7

Looks like no one but at best a CB which I don’t think will make much difference, how other key areas haven’t been addressed is just bizarre.

Infra-red

Nothing stupid about it. Tomorrow it ends and we turn our focus to football instead of bullshit twitter stories. It's great
Except for the speculation linking Pogba and Martial with moves away, which we can expect to continue for the next three weeks.

Davs

I can feel a late panic buy coming on. Who? I'm not too sure.

MetoTTT

Looks like no one but at best a CB which I don’t think will make much difference, how other key areas haven’t been addressed is just bizarre.
This. I think Lindelof and Bailly are diserving to be given a chance to establish as starters as CB. LB and RW are crying for quality though. Or just put Alexis as RW. And Mou has to work our attacking play because it's clueless.

Last edited:

Stacks

The club is a laughing stock at the moment as regards transfers. The current owners are not after trophies, they are after more cash, the club has become their cash cow. Thanks to Ed Woodward who is the same Ed Woodward who worked for the Glazers during the takeover.
All this bitching yet I don't hear this from Spurs fans or Chelsea fans who have bought 1 player between them! we have outspent virtually all our rivals for many years now. just check the transfer history for the past 3 years.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
All this bitching yet I don't hear this from Spurs fans or Chelsea fans who have bought 1 player between them! we have outspent virtually all our rivals for many years now. just check the transfer history for the past 3 years.
We are not Spurs (who have built a very expensive stadium), nor are we Chelsea, we are the worlds biggest and most valuable football club. Yet we cannot show it on the pitch, Our squad does not reflect our status, I wonder why?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You probably would if you went on their forums.

Stacks

We are not Spurs (who have built a very expensive stadium), nor are we Chelsea, we are the worlds biggest and most valuable football club. Yet we cannot show it on the pitch, Our squad does not reflect our status, I wonder why?
hmmmm, maybe we are not the worlds biggest and we can't show it on the pitch because commercial value does not take into account the wealth of ones owners and the high wages we pay. Obviously we should be spending minimum £150 million net per season so we will just have to see tomorrow.

Hughie77

Looks like no one, so we go with what we got? Unless we get a loan signing in, just hope we don't panic and pay silly amount for a player we don't need?
Hope we get a cb in of quality can't see it, let's hope by 5pm tomorrow we get a target we've been in for?

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
hmmmm, maybe we are not the worlds biggest and we can't show it on the pitch because commercial value does not take into account the wealth of ones owners and the high wages we pay. Obviously we should be spending minimum £150 million net per season so we will just have to see tomorrow.
Woodward is a wizard when it comes to getting new sponsors, but he does not use that skill in his transfer dealings. We will not finish in the top 3 this season with our current squad.

Stacks

Woodward is a wizard when it comes to getting new sponsors, but he does not use that skill in his transfer dealings. We will not finish in the top 3 this season with our current squad.
did you miss the past 3 transfer windows or have you just tuned in? literally one suspect window and the knives are out. we signed Pogba from a top side, as well as Miki from a team in the CL (all while in Europa). we pinched Matic from Chelsea, Lukaku from under their nose, Sanchez from Citys grasp but alas Woodward is trash in transfers because he hasn't given you Mbappe this summer. Christmas is cancelled.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
did you miss the past 3 transfer windows or have you just tuned in? literally one suspect window and the knives are out. we signed Pogba from a top side, as well as Miki from a team in the CL (all while in Europa). we pinched Matic from Chelsea, Lukaku from under their nose, Sanchez from Citys grasp but alas Woodward is trash in transfers because he hasn't given you Mbappe this summer. Christmas is cancelled.
If you think the Glazers are doing fine and have the ambition for success on the field that the fans have then more fool you. Our manager has given a list of players to Ed Woodward and he has not only failed to sign any of them.. he has not even made a bid for any of them. United is not a football club with ambition anymore it has become a cash cow. And this will become more obvious in coming years.

Last edited:

Wheato

We will be in a race to sign either Maguire or Alderweireld. If Chelsea take a swap for Martial with Willian it will be done. With all of these 3 players here in England it can be done fairly quickly.
Why would Chelsea bother with Martial, now that Hazard is staying put on their left flank. I think the only club that will be interested in Martial is Spurs. And they have a few sweeties that we like in their shop window too!

Reactions: Sultan

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If we sign anyone I think there’s 70% chance it will be Alderweireld (for £55m or so) or Maguire (for £70m). I doubt we are going to add any offensive players and I doubt we can get more than one.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We are signing no one.. get it.
I think it’s 50/50 at this point. It makes no sense for Spurs to not sell Toby IMO. This transfer wouldn’t be exciting in the slightest though, I don’t think a new defender would improve our chances of winning trophies that much.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Clearly don't need any defenders, eh?

Robbie Boy

Hopefully no one as the players we’re linked with I have zero interest in bar Alderweireld.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
Unfortunately the club is currently owned by people who have not got a clue about football, and they have also no clue about the history of the club. They also have zero interest in winning anything, they are of course interested in profit and that is how the club is being run currently. Manchester United generate a lot of cash(for the Glazers ). This is a fantastic club, but I fear for the future, we have been taken over by people who have no interest in success, their interest is filling thier pockets. Glazers need to be removed.

Abusian

We had the highest number of clean sheets in the Prem last year but were 5th in goals scored and 6th in shots taken. We just don't create enough chances, so I really we go for a right-sided attacker who can add pace, guile and power rather than another defender.