Who will we sign?

Stacks

If you think the Glazers are doing fine and have the ambition for success on the field that the fans have then more fool you. Our manager has given a list of players to Ed Woodward and he has not only failed to sign any of them.. he has not even made a bid for any of them. United is not a football club with ambition anymore it has become a cash cow. And this will become more obvious in coming years.
a cash cow that has outspent all clubs in Europe bar city. You are like a rabid madrid fan. the type who becomes a Christmas grinch because you didn't get that new £500 games console that one time.

Lmarco

L'Equipe in tomorrow's suscribers edition claims that Man Utd is interested by Kurzawa and asked about his availability. Apparently they had a meeting yesterday to discuss a possible offer and they would have decided to make an offer. Although Kurzawa was initially heading towards the exit, Tuchel's arrival has changed the plans and his departure is more unlikely, especially after Berchiche left.

Lmarco

Also something about Zouma in L'Equipe. Apparently, Mourinho has called the player himself as he still values him highly and Man Utd has started discussions with Chelsea which would be reluctant to sell to a rival and would prefer a loan to another club.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Zouma was poor at Stoke last season. Not sure where his career goes from here after his bad injury. He isn't better than Smalling ot Bailly imo.

MetoTTT

I'm not so worried about the team and the players that make it up. I just hope that Mourinho will find his passion and his leadership and succeed in unifying the group of players he has, motivate them, encourage them. This can only result in a better attitude of the players on and off the pitch and I am sure a pleasure for the players and the fans. That's all I hope.

Cliche Guevara

I think we will sign Alderweireld. Spurs will surely compromise a bit, and we’ll likely pay a bit more if we have to otherwise things might get ugly if he has been Mourinho’s top priority.

We can easy afford £60m, especially if one of Rojo or Darmian leaves.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I think we will sign Alderweireld. Spurs will surely compromise a bit, and we’ll likely pay a bit more if we have to otherwise things might get ugly if he has been Mourinho’s top priority.

We can easy afford £60m, especially if one of Rojo or Darmian leaves.
If we decide to go down this road, we should have spent the extra £10 million or so and just bought VVD.

AngliaRed

I’m not sure, but CB shouldn’t be a deadline day priority.

We have:
Smalling
Jones
Rojo
Bailly
Lindelof

We also conceded 2nd fewest goals other than City, so CB should be JM least priority today.

A proven RWB or RW would be more beneficial at this stage.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Zouma would probably be the most underwhelming signing in our history, even more so than Fellaini.
Not seen much of him, but i don't think he's played much either, is he any good these days?

beingshe7don

This transfer window has been as bad as the transfer window when we had Moyes take over.....

What's common in both the transfer windows???
:
:
:
Fellaini

Galactico

Who cares anymore?

Transfer deadline days are not what they used to be. Remember this from SSN...

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Who will we sign? No-one, I think.

If we do get someone then I think it would be Toby, but if there is something going on there then I can see Levy just stringing us along and having no actual intention of selling him to us, but then I’m a cynical twat.

trafford1980

We have:
Smalling
Jones
Rojo
Bailly
Lindelof

We also conceded 2nd fewest goals other than City, so CB should be JM least priority today.

Call me an outlier but I'm definitely hoping we sign a CB, perhaps even two. (Although the fact that Jose spent decent money on both Bailly and Lindelof doesn't give me much hope of a major shake-up.) I thought that replacing both Rojo and Jones ( worst case one minimum,) should have been our highest priority after Fred.

Agree we you that we have quantity there. However, we don't have any sort of formidable partnership and I'd argue not one of them would feature in a top 10 Premier League centre-back list which is really poor considering our standing as a club.

Lukaku and Sanchez are both in the top ten attackers in the league, Pogba (and possibly Matic,) is a top ten centre-mid and even Ashley Young and Valencia made the list in their respective left and right back positions. Sure, they may decline fast, but Dalot has been bought in to prepare for that.

Smalling for me is easily our best option. At least he's dependable (46 starts last season, Bailly/Jones & Rojo contributed 55 total between them,) The latter three just can't be relied on.

So in my humble ( and admittedly probably wildly unpopular) opinion, I would love to see United bring in both Alderweireld and Maguire, and sell both Jones and Rojo.

Alderweireld, Maguire, Smalling, Bailly and Lindelof is a great mix. Plenty of options for a back three if need be and we can then look to bring Axel back from loan next Summer and sell the one who's getting the least match time.

Popovic

I think today can go two ways. 1) Levy forces our hand and we overpay for Alderweireld somewhere in the 60+ region and potentially offload one CB (Rojo?) to soften the blow. 2) We sign no one.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I still have a sneaky feeling that one new signing will be made today, but according to some reports, we haven't even made a bid for Alderweireld yet, we are still preparing one, and Spurs are bracing themselves..!?!

WMY

We have:
Smalling
Jones
Rojo
Bailly
Lindelof

If you look deeper at the stats, it was DeGea who bailed us out. He is worth 15 goals in the league last season. The reason we play so defensive is because we are soft in defence. Conceded the most shots of any of the top 6. Sorting out the middle of the defence will allow us to play attacking

I'm a fantasy football pro finished 150 in the world. I know what I'm talking about

AngliaRed

If you look deeper at the stats, it was DeGea who bailed us out. He is worth 15 goals in the league last season. The reason we play so defensive is because we are soft in defence. Conceded the most shots of any of the top 6. Sorting out the middle of the defence will allow us to play attacking

I'm a fantasy football pro finished 150 in the world. I know what I'm talking about
Oh my!:lol:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I still have a sneaky feeling that one new signing will be made today, but according to some reports, we haven't even made a bid for Alderweireld yet, we are still preparing one, and Spurs are bracing themselves..!?!
It takes a few hours to discuss, calculate and prepare a bid. It doesn't take months.
It took a few hours for LFC to acquire Fabinho.
There is no bid being prepared.
Most likely Woodward asked how much Levy is looking to sell Toby for and was put off by the price.

Ikon

It takes a few hours to discuss, calculate and prepare a bid. It doesn't take months.
It took a few hours for LFC to acquire Fabinho.
There is no bid being prepared..
100% in agreement.
All this nonsense in the media about preparing a bid...absolute codswallop..!!

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says the club did not receive any offers from Manchester United for defender Toby Alderweireld.

Reports in The Times even suggested the Belgium international’s agent was on his way to England on Thursday morning to secure a deadline day deal.
However, Pochettino has rubbished those suggestions and insisted not a single bid was made for the 29-year-old’s services over the summer.

Robbo*

well done mate

reddaz71

Absolutely staggering we are embarking on another season of Smalling,Jones,Valencia and Young,we are simply a very badly run club when it comes to matters on the pitch!!

MetoTTT

Absolutely staggering we are embarking on another season of Smalling,Jones,Valencia and Young,we are simply a very badly run club when it comes to matters on the pitch!!
When I hear some talk, it looks like Valencia and Smalling are so bad and do not even deserve to be at the club. It's really crazy.

AngliaRed

I agree, we wont realistically compete against city and certainly not in Europe with another season with a variation of them 4.

Infra-red

Aye, depressing stuff. We're as bad at getting the dead wood out as getting decent players in, it seems.

starman

Harry Maguire and Dembele on loan with Martial going in the opposition direct . You heard it here first.

And probably the last time, as its not true, we are not signing anyone :[

Jojo <3 Mou

That we aren't signing anyone or are very unlikely to sign anyone has long been obvious.

It's not necessarily a good or bad thing. We'll work with what we have and hopefully everyone produces their best this year.

Ikon

Harry Maguire and Dembele on loan with Martial going in the opposition direct . You heard it here first.And probably the last time, as its not true, we are not signing anyone :[
Or maybe a swap deal, Martial for Zouma...?!?!?! :houllier:

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Delighted with this. Still time for Martial to say bye though.

AndyJ1985

We're signing no one, and this time next summer when Jose is gone we'll look back and be glad of it.