Who will win the Champions League this season?

Green_Red

Juve, PSG or Barca are my guesses. Could be an English team too though.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
1.PSG / Barça / Juve / City
2.Liverpool (they haven't changed at all from 18-19 and by now teams should know that at Anfield you must park the bus and/or control the ball in midfield+looking for yellow cards).
3. 3rd tier-relative surprise: Atlético M. / Bayern
+ wild card: Napoli / Dortmund.

the rest, not a chance in my opinion (including the Spurs).

Last edited:

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
I think City will finally win it this year. They will cruise in to the knockout stages and will have Laporte back for the second half of the campaign.

How would United fans feel of City finally win the Champions League and Liverpool finally win the Premier League this year?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I think City will finally win it this year. They will cruise in to the knockout stages and will have Laporte back for the second half of the campaign.

How would United fans feel of City finally win the Champions League and Liverpool finally win the Premier League this year?
City winning the UCL remains to be seen, could be yet another QFs/semis failure for Pep.

And Liverpool winning the PL? Seems likely, but it's not even October. And that was 30 years ago. It was meant to happen sooner than later and for many reasons it's been 29 years already. It's a mix of pity and indifference to be honest. It was a '70s-'80s era. It's like witnessing a so-so studio comeback by a hair-metal band, like "oh, that band, they have released a new album, their first since 1989'".

Anyway, 18-19 ended with City winning the PL and Liverpool 2nd + UCL champions. Horrible enough yet there hasn't been any trauma.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Ajax. Nah, just kidding. Would be great if we could proceed from the group stages. My money is on PSG or City.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
PSG have too many issues with Neymar. At their best they could, but I dont see them staying at their best level come the big games. Not City with Laporte and Sane basically of no value this season. Not Real Madrid as they'll struggle all year. Not Liverpool since they won it last year (but are probably the best side this year IMO). Not Spurs or Chelsea as they are nowhere near good enough. Bayern I dont think will be any different to last year, competitive but not much more.

Barcelona is a bit shit right now but will sort themselves out with Messi and the others they have. Juventus will be a good match for anyone, same with Atletico. Dortmund will be dark horses but consistency is always the thing with them. I'm going to guess one of these 4 will win it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Ignore what Pep says. Yes Laporte will step on the pitch again this season, but time after time its been proven that players are shite after ACL tears until over a year later. Once a player tears his ACL, you can count the season as over basically. Nothing past some token fixtures to gradually work his way back into fitness. Same with Sane.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
This gets said every single year that “this could be PSG’s year” yet they bottle it big style from a comfortable position after the 1st leg. They can’t seem to finish a tie off when you expect them too.

Chelsea 2014
Barcelona 2017
Man Utd 2019

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same old story again.
We were saying the same thing about Liverpool but they’ve truly stepped up.

Same can be applied for PSG. This is a much better squad from PSG, they’re no longer the passive team they were. They have an aggressive side and a fantastic midfield with a top manager. They are clear favourites for me.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If you had to bet on anyone right now it would be City or Liverpool unfortunately

hopefully come later in the competition though the likes of Juventus and Barca will look stronger

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
Ignore what Pep says. Yes Laporte will step on the pitch again this season, but time after time its been proven that players are shite after ACL tears until over a year later. Once a player tears his ACL, you can count the season as over basically. Nothing past some token fixtures to gradually work his way back into fitness. Same with Sane.
Hasn't torn his ACL. Has cartilage and meniscus damage. Still a very bad injury though but not an ACL

Dolf

One of Barca, PSG or City. Although Liverpool and Juventus might have a chance too.

cyberman

It was Citys year if they didn't feck up the central defence.
It's Juve for me if De Ligt settles well.
PSG are still a side of bottlers until proven otherwise.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
It's a cup competition, so anyone.

For those saying we won't win it because Laporte's injured, he'll be back well in advance of the knockout rounds.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Reckon it will be one of juve, atletico or PSG.

Bearded One

To be honest, I haven't got a clue. Juve maybe but I don't think Liverpool will win it this time around. Man city have a weak mentality in UCL and can be very naive also. Don't think they will win it.

Also if Barca get some luck, maybe. They wouldn't even go past the first round without Messi.

Pigggyy

PSG has much more talent than Liverpool, i would only pick Robertson and Fabinho to their 11.

On paper PSG and City are favourite, but they will Never win CL, they are not in the cartel, UEFA hate them too much, they are Always strange referees decision against them, especially PSG, i watched almost all their last CL games, and it's incredible how they are Always cheated by this decisions...

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
City won't because Pep can't. I've never seen a manager overthink a competition as much as him in my life.

0le

City or Liverpool. You can never rule out Barcelona or Juventus because of Ronaldo and Messi but I don't think they can be alongside City or Liverpool.

Schneckerl

Well that's my prediction for the 3rd year in a row and it failed in miserable fashion so far, but this is the season Neymar stays healthy and PSG stops bottling it.

Third time's the charm.

AlwaysRed66

As long as it is not that obnoxious diving cheat Neymar celebrating I could get by.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Last season liverpool had 0 shots on target in naples, were in the same group as PSG and lost in Paris

Went on to win it all

I think we all know what this means :drool:

:lol:

Tel074

PSG has much more talent than Liverpool, i would only pick Robertson and Fabinho to their 11.

On paper PSG and City are favourite, but they will Never win CL, they are not in the cartel, UEFA hate them too much, they are Always strange referees decision against them, especially PSG, i watched almost all their last CL games, and it's incredible how they are Always cheated by this decisions...

So you wouldn't play VVD Alison Mane or Salah ? Really ?

Blackwidow

Bayern look good
Not really. Just if you take in account that they today had a really great chance conversion and that the run of play was going for them. The xG of the match even was in favour of Tottenham - just somewhere between 1 and 2 (different models had different xGs). The first half was terrible - but because Tottenham did not take their chances and Bayern had a long range goal by Kimmich and a single effort by Lewy short before the break ended 2:1.

Thiago on the 6 in the second half helped. And the two Gnabry goals in quick succession in minute 53 and 55 to make it 4:1. Bayern was not as shaky anymore as in the first half and Tottenham gave up.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
The xG of the match even was in favour of Tottenham - just somewhere between 1 and 2 (different models had different xGs).
It's hard to take xG seriously. It makes more sense in the league when the sample is larger.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I think it will be PSG or City. Juve, Liverpool and Barca will fall short I feel.

Blackwidow

It's hard to take xG seriously. It makes more sense in the league when the sample is larger.
Tottenham had 8 shots on target - 7 from inside the box.
Bayern had 10 shots on target - 5 from inside the box.

There is the days when everything goes in - but that is not how it usually runs. Bayern right now is pretty good with their chance conversion - but I actually would prefer if it would be like this in March and April and not right now as that never holds throughout the season. And only one of the goals was a big chance. I actually prefer when both is well - chance creation and conversion.

Robertd0803

Couldnt care less as long as its not City or Liverpool.

Im sure I say this every year we arent in it.