Who will win the World Cup ?

Who will win World Cup 2014 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ish

Lights on for Luke
LOL. The Netherlands might rape Argentina. 3:0, 4:0 will be the score.

Argentina is a slow team with huge problems. They play the same way in every tournament in the last 10 years and lose comfortably against all of them. They have no chance against Netherlands. I'm going to bet big on it.

Just hoping my betting service is as glib as some of you and will have nice odds, like against Spain.
Reminds me of a post back in the day, when Rangers had a UCL qualifying round tie against a side called "Kauhnas" or something (can't be arsed with spelling). :lol:

Anyone else remember that post. "Free money" :lol: ...not.

edit: here's a link. Worth a read.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/good-luck-to-fbk-kaunas-tonight.212951/#post-4950126

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I'm praying Argentina don't win. We had a sweepstake at work, four teams each, and I pulled four for someone who wasn't there. The teams I pulled out weren't the greatest so I gave her one of mine, without telling her. I gave her Argentina, and took Belgium, so will be right peed off if Argentina win.

Though If Belgium win, I'll feel even worse!

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Argentina and Netherlands to win today and complete my sf prediction.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Well I picked Brazil at the start and I'm sticking with that. [/Shearer]

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It just feels like Argentina and Brazil will keep grinding out results to get to the final.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I voted Spain initially but now, as I don't like the remaining teams, I'd like Holland to win. I think Germany will take it.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
the worst -if you can use that word because it still would be great- final game would be brazil against the dutchs, the other three chances are just awesome

shahab

Really time for Germany to win it.

Failed at 08, 10, 12 but were always a great side.

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
i agree with name changed, they have the same players but they dont play as well as a team as they used to
Well not every team will make it as easy for them as Argentina did in 2010. ;)

4 years a go, Germany was able to counter attack against teams. This looks a lot more exciting, but it is not possible anymore. EVERY team Germany plays against will sit back for the majority of the game, making it extremely difficult to break other teams down.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Well not every team will make it as easy for them as Argentina did in 2010. ;)

4 years a go, Germany was able to counter attack against teams. This looks a lot more exciting, but it is not possible anymore. EVERY team Germany plays against will sit back for the majority of the game, making it extremely difficult to break other teams down.
we are still butthurt from that defeat

and they could have scored a couple more

April

I wasn't very interested in world cup until I shot a quick video of my tiny hamster predicting the outcome. I'll be watching today for sure to see if she is correct :)

Crackers

greasy ginfers
45 votes for Spain and 58 for Brazil. 37 for Germany and only 4 for the Netherlands.
Don't think anyone could have predicted Spain to crash out and Brazil to be beaten so decisively at home.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Surely now it's Germany's World Cup to lose? Odds has dropped massively now to 1.72. I'm glad I have taken them at 7 before the start of the World Cup. I just hope the Germans don't get too over-confident and arrogant. They still have one more match and it will be such a sucker punch if they lose the final after trashing Brazil 7-1.

Zen

You haven't seen Argentina destroy Netherlands yet. Germany winning does nothing for nothing, theres no story to it.....thus they are winning. Except everyone loved them pre-World Cup, so everyone can say they were right*....despite everyone being right.....except me, I stick by my England pick.

*=Not really, but you know, no one predicted them to blow unlike the other 3 of the big 4 who all had their fair share of doubters....2 of which have been proven.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
You haven't seen Argentina destroy Netherlands yet. Germany winning does nothing for nothing, theres no story to it.....thus they are winning. Except everyone loved them pre-World Cup, so everyone can say they were right*....despite everyone being right.....except me, I stick by my England pick.

*=Not really, but you know, no one predicted them to blow unlike the other 3 of the big 4 who all had their fair share of doubters....2 of which have been proven.
Argentina has won all their matches by a single goal despite being in the easiest group and now all of a sudden they are going to destroy Netherlands? Not too sure about that, I remember there was so much negativity around the Germany team after they had all those injuries and there were many doubting them to get past France but I've stuck by them for all their matches.

Gannicus

I don't recall replying to this thread but I've called it Germany before it began. Easy peasy stuff.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I bet on Germany, I voted her for Germany, looks like I know a thing or two about football

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Why's everyone who voted Germany all of a sudden such Nostradamus' of football? The Germans have long been one of the favourites and there's good reason for that :lol:. They've been ranked number 2 (and now number 1 I think) in the world for a good while now.

Football's a funny game. The Germans have been struggling (maybe they've peaked at just the right moment!) as much as any of the other semi-finalists and boom, they annihilated Brazil. Now all of a sudden the final's a forgone conclusion to some.

Baxter

Can't believe so many went for Brazil. Granted I thought Spain would go far but they picked poor teams, but Brazil's squad was so average. Players like Paulinho, Fred, Hulk and Fernandinho were never good enough and that doesn't factor into it players like Alves who are past it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can't believe so many went for Brazil. Granted I thought Spain would go far but they picked poor teams, but Brazil's squad was so average. Players like Paulinho, Fred, Hulk and Fernandinho were never good enough and that doesn't factor into it players like Alves who are past it.
Brazil did well at the Confeds last year, had their WC winning manager, and the tournament in their home country. They were the safest bet coming in.

April

Chicken has been correct with both semi-finals and she has made her prediction for the Germany vs Argentina game.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Chicken has been correct with both semi-finals and she has made her prediction for the Germany vs Argentina game.

argentina to win it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! suck my cock you unfaithfull bastards!!!!!!!!!! take that germans!!!!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeee are the champions, my frieeend! and we'll keep of fightin till the end!!!!!!

btw: "she will not be held liable for you losing your house, car, life savings :lol:"