Who wins euro 2024?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Good question. Based on current WC and continuation of NT coaches I would say Germany as a host has to be there, Mancini keeping his job with Italy might have a chance, not so sure about the current generation of Italian players though.

Obviously France, England, and maybe Spain, but their under 21 coach being promoted to replace Enrique I don't know, they need better individual players for the final third.

Then as outsiders Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, not only based on the doubts about the type of new players who will come in but certainly doubts about if their new technical staff will upgrade what they have done recently.

As much as I gave stick to Santos, regardless of what you may think about him, reality is he never failed on a Qualification, even if needing a Playoff for the WC and finishing behind Serbia was a huge red flag, despite that 2016, 2018, 2021 and 2022 he never was knocked out on the group stages.

And in the Nations League the team was always competitive. I am not so sure the new coach will do much better than him, but whoever comes has to fix the Ronaldo issue around the team, it's getting tiring to fix that one.

Forgot about Denmark, would put them as outsiders even after this WC, let's see.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Germany flopped this world cup in results but also put in some dominant performances that just had atrocious finishing and they were unlucky with circumstances for their exit. Could easily see them win the euros. Flick still there. Zidane will take over France, so they will be up there. Mourinho with Portugal without Ronaldo has to be up there as well. That's my top 3, one of them will win it.

Italy, England and Spain are 4, 5 and 6. Southgate won't ever win a trophy. Enrique gone from Spain drops them a bit. Italy don't have the player quality IMO. Netherlands will no longer have Van Gaal, so they drop a tier. Croatia without Modrić drop a tier.

Pintu

Good question. Based on current WC and continuation of NT coaches I would say Germany as a host has to be there, Mancini keeping his job with Italy might have a chance, not so sure about the current generation of Italian players though.

Obviously France, England, and maybe Spain, but their under 21 coach being promoted to replace Enrique I don't know, they need better individual players for the final third.

Then as outsiders Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, not only based on the doubts about the type of new players who will come in but certainly doubts about if their new technical staff will upgrade what they have done recently.

As much as I gave stick to Santos, regardless of what you may think about him, reality is he never failed on a Qualification, even if needing a Playoff for the WC and finishing behind Serbia was a huge red flag, despite that 2016, 2018, 2021 and 2022 he never was knocked out on the group stages.

And in the Nations League the team was always competitive. I am not so sure the new coach will do much better than him, but whoever comes has to fix the Ronaldo issue around the team, it's getting tiring to fix that one.

Forgot about Denmark, would put them as outsiders even after this WC, let's see.
Portugal should be up there with the favorites. You got a golden generation. With the right manager you will be up there. I think one of Germany, France, England and Portugal will win it.

lex talionis

It’s way too early to say, but if we’re forced to make a prediction now it would have to be France. Incredible young talent is coming through. Presumably Zidane will have new ideas and offer inspiration, unless DD actually stay on (I haven’t seen anything today on that), and France will be out for blood.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Portugal should be up there with the favorites. You got a golden generation. With the right manager you will be up there. I think one of Germany, France, England and Portugal will win it.
Lots of questions regarding who will comeas a coach, and more important than this, if it has autonomy to renew the team, and that includes leaving Cristiano out.

And Germany being the host nation automatically will turn the competition even tougher to win, we missed a good chance vs Morocco to at least make the semi finals, but in the end they deserved it.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Portugal or France

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
I'm thinking Germany or England.
A lot of people have written off the Germans (because of their performances the past competitions), but i think they'll really turn up for this competition, especially playing at home.
England is going into the competition with a lot of in form players that are currently amongst the best players of the game.

France is obviously amongst the favorite (almost as much as England), but something just seems off about the team. Injuries and off form players, but one can't count out the french team.

Then there's Spain, Portugal and Belgium, but I personally don't see any of them winning it though Spain can beat any team on a good day.

SER19

Portugal. Best squad, decent group, some in form players.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
England's defence is an issue. Maguire and Stones haven't played as much football as they'd have liked, and Maguire's fitness could be an issue. The less said about LB the better.

Portugal look like they've got their most settled side in a long time.

Fr. Todd Unctious

France or Portugal most likely. Cliched I know but can't write off the Germans either even if they haven't been great shakes up until recently, them being at home will be a big help to them.

Manager and Keeper will be the downfall for England. Really Good squad otherwise.

Statue of Limitations

Hard to look past England, especially if Southgate plays form players and not his favourites, which might just be the case this time out.
Hate the whole "it's coming home" thing, think it's cringe.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
So many good teams this time around. Any one of Germany, Spain, England, France or Portugal could easily win it. England have so much quality in the front six it’s stupid. Depth too. But the back five looks pretty damn ropey to me. And good defences win tournaments.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
England has the best set of players available. Don't know if Southgate can have it "coming home". My money still is on them as I don't see any other stand out team besides them.

Rojofiam

Southgate's provisional squad makes me think he will make a few big mistakes again and England will falter towards the latter stages. Still a top 2 squad, though.

I think Germany easily have the best manager and a very strong starting XI. Home advantage as well.

France has a top 2 squad with England but internal politics and stuff could always derail things for them.

The Netherlands have a really good list of defenders and a few standout midfielders and forwards, but I don't think they have enough to win it.

Portugal have an incredibly strong squad, but do I trust Martínez to select the best midfield three, or not to play Ronaldo, for example? Absolutely not. I can't write them off, though, as Costa, Pepe, Dias, Cancelo, Dalot, Silva, Inácio, Mendes, Silva, Bruno, Joao Neves, Vitinha, Jota, Félix, and Leao are an incredible core. I think they can absolutely win it if they get the team right. The defense will be difficult to get wrong IMO. Midfield should be Joao Neves - Palhinha - Fernandes, with Vitinha getting meaningful minutes as well. Leao has to start every game on the left (I really hope a tournament MVP level player won't rot on the bench), Ronaldo should get 0 minutes (I feel like the decision to persist with him after the World Cup will prove to be a big mistake), and I'd probably put Bernardo on the right.

I don't think Italy and Spain will be anything special this time around. Predicting an early exit for at least one of the two.

Wouldn't mind a potential dark horse going at least to the semis.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
On paper but I think the balance is off.
Rice next to Bellingham with Foden, Saka, Palmer in front of them could work I think. All depends on how they are managed and instructed to run/operate.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think it was the Belgium game. I felt Rice was too deep, Bellingham was too high and Mainoo was a little all over the place.
With the ball we were OK but without I thought Belgium had a real comfortable evening cutting through the middle.

I'd be tempted, on occasions, to have Bellingham play as a lone SS attacker and put another player in midfield. Yes, that means dropping Kane from time to time, if Gareth is going to persist with 433 that is.

SteveCoppellFan

If England have the easiest group, then the easiest section of the draw and avoid any big names, then just maybe, they will lose in the final.

tomaldinho1

France, England or Germany. I'll go England for once, reckon we'll just play uber conservative, not concede and nick some ugly 1-0 wins against the bigger teams.