Who wins euro 2024?

Dazzmondo

A lot of people very high on Germany considering how pathetic they've been in all of their recent tournaments. I still think it's France. By far the best squad of any country imo. I think they'll beat Portugal in the final. Portuguese team will be fun to watch, lots of really talented young players.

Bwuk

McSauce to win it for Scotland and this forum to explode.

davisjw

England's challenge this summer is on the defensive side: an average keeper and a backline that doesn't inspire confidence, especially on the left side.

The squad has an ABUNDANCE of attacking talent, enough to compensate for a weaker defense. BUT Southgate won't play attacking tactics. He's always a "don't lose" kind of manager, never a "win" manager.

To someone's question: yes, an attacking-focused manager like Pep would make England favorites. England isn't the squad Southgate needs to play his style dominantly.

Saying that, England should go far, and if luck is finally there, there's a chance. They will just have to grind out wins rather than inspire with their attacking play.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
It’s a hard one to call. England will make a decent account of themselves but I don’t think Southgate has it in him to see it through. It takes a bit of ruthlessness and risk-taking to win a final, both characteristics that seem to elude him. But as a United fan, this is Mainoo’s ticket to shine and announce his arrival at the international stage.

If I had to pick, I’d go with France.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We will of course. We have Frenkie de Jong. He has like 3 huge threads on here so he must be the dogs bollocks (I think that's a good thing?).

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’ve predicted Portugal to win it. But deep down I think France will be the team to beat.

marktan

I’ve predicted Portugal to win it. But deep down I think France will be the team to beat.
I quite fancy France too. Especially if Tchouameni and Camavinga start in midfield. The depth they have is crazy.

Portugal could have a very good team but Martinez is a weird manager and they're still persisting in playing Ronaldo. Same issue as under Santos.

Germany don't really have a great squad. Home advantage probably won't mean much.

The only other team on paper that rivals France is England. And we were better in the world cup match too. The only issue is Southgate and his moronic subs, and tendency to be defensive even with better attacking options.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I quite fancy France too. Especially if Tchouameni and Camavinga start in midfield. The depth they have is crazy.

Portugal could have a very good team but Martinez is a weird manager and they're still persisting in playing Ronaldo. Same issue as under Santos.

Germany don't really have a great squad. Home advantage probably won't mean much.

The only other team on paper that rivals France is England. And we were better in the world cup match too. The only issue is Southgate and his moronic subs, and tendency to be defensive even with better attacking options.
Ye they could probably get to the final with there 2nd team.

SambaBoy

Is it possible for 3rd placed teams to get out of the group again?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
England I think this time around. I never back England either.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Not england with that joke of a manager.
The squad is unbelievably strong though.

I think the fact at club level they're all coached from elite coaches mostly that might carry them through. Just like Spain in their pomp.

The time with Southgate I doubt will count for much time time, Foden, Rice, Bellingham, Saka for example is a great spine with Kane with experience and youth like Mainoo.

It's a very good team with plenty about it.

frostbite

England.

Except, the defense and the goalkeeper are a little suspect, and the attack does not score when it really matters. Apart from that, it's a great team!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I just don't see it with England.
Neither do I you know, I can’t help but feel like we are due a bit of a reality check (hope I’m wrong).

Weak at the back but very good attackers, and don’t trust the manager to pick the 11 that is strongest.

alsabi

England's men only win major tournaments under a Labour government... so it's on.

Juicy Juiced

It is England year. They some great players who had great seasons.
Kane, Jude, Foden, Saka will be nightmare for any team. And in the midifield they have Rice engine.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
England I think this time around. I never back England either.
Same. I was actually rooting for them in the last euros until their fans became unbearable. I won’t make that mistake again. England and France are the two best teams on paper probably in the world at the moment…. Head says England heart says anyone else please god for the comedy value alone

EireRed_GS

As much as it pains me too say it, England will be up there. Southgate & Pickford are the only factors going against them really.

France , Germany and Portugal will probably there or there abouts too

PoTMS

England are winning absolutely nothing. Stop jinxing it, you cnuts.

Oranges038

I did one of those simulators.

England will finish second in their group and lose to Germany in the first knock out round.

France will beat Spain in the final.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
My ranking for those who will win would be:
  1. Portugal
  2. France
  3. Germany
  4. England
  5. Spain
  6. Italy

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Isn't tchouameni out for the tournament?

Edit: nevermind, just doubt for the start.

Todd

I did one of those simulators.

England will finish second in their group and lose to Germany in the first knock out round.

France will beat Spain in the final.
I just played with one of those as well. I don't see how England manage to not win that group. None of the other teams are any good.

I've got France beating Portugal in the final right now.

Oranges038

I just played with one of those as well. I don't see how England manage to not win that group. None of the other teams are any good.

I've got France beating Portugal in the final right now.
You are probably right, I think I had a few draws down, maybe Denmark with 2 wins, but that's just what I ended up with.

Rasmus is going to batter in a hat trick against England

Ibi Dreams

On paper England should be up there, but I just never believe they can actually win anything

France most likely to win