Who, with me, believes we can win the premier league?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Yeah in about three years unless some miracle happens. This is basically the same with the relegation discussion after the first two matches.

I've written this season off and I'll continue to do so. Just let ETH build his team and implement his football first I think.
Good point.
This season was always going to be a transformative one. I always felt that second half of the season would be better than the first half due to the players finally getting a grip on what Ten Hag wants from them, but it seems some have already picked it up.
Injuries will be a key factor this season, but if we can keep our major players free from injury for the majority of the season, then we could be top four, but a few injuries could scupper that. I think, with decent draws, we could go close in the FA cup.
Realistically next season should see us challenge strongly for top four, and subsequent seasons, hopefully, we should be challenging for top spot, and Champions League.
You never know in football, a good result against city in a few weeks time, and people will start believing, but for me top four and Europa League should be our aim this season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Whilst I don’t think it’s going to Be us -

I do feel like the premier league is extremely open with teams like City changing tactics that have arguably made them less of a team.

I feel that Pep changed tactics to go full on for the CL - so the PL could be won by anyone.

cpresc

I think City will steam roll the league but I see no one better than us for second place.

A massive winter transfer window would be nice too

Member 125398

If we can come up with a Mourinho are you listening... type song then it's on:devil:

dinostar77

I wouldn't say we were lucky. First 15, 20 minutes we were in complete control, after disallowed goal they were better and in the 2nd half till our 2nd goal. For all their domination in posession they had like 2 chances all in all, it's not that they had chance after chance and we somehow squeezed that victory.

And its Eriksen, sorry. :D
I thought they looked very good going forward. Jesus looks like he wil be a great signing. Martinelli looked damgerous. Cant believe he had four seperate trials at utd and we didnt sign him. Odengaard was causing alot of problems. ETH brought on fred specifially to plug that left side of midfield issue where martinelli and odengaard were getting alot of joy.

I thought arsenal looked the better team. Until artetas self distruct moment of going all in with 3 attacking subs, we were on the ropes.

Zlatattack

It's very unlikely but we should be challenging if we can keep key players injury free. I think if we lose Eriksen to injury we'd be in trouble.

Skills

Snitch
If you can put together a run of about 10 consecutive wins, you can probably do it. Especially if City drop more points, because we saw it in the season Liverpool won that they're not great chasers.

FrantikChicken

I think City will steam roll the league but I see no one better than us for second place.

I initially thought the same but city haven’t actually been all that great so far. They certainly look beatable, the question is will anyone else find the consistency to keep up with them.

realistically it won’t be us but I’m starting to dream a little bit haha

Robocrap

It's very unlikely but we should be challenging if we can keep key players injury free. I think if we lose Eriksen to injury we'd be in trouble.
If we lose Varane and Martinez and have to play Maguire and Lindelof we are screwed as well...

croadyman

Won't be a massive one but could see us going in for FDJ if not getting gametime, then allows us to focus on GK and ST for summer

croadyman

I thought they looked very good going forward. Jesus looks like he wil be a great signing. Martinelli looked damgerous. Cant believe he had four seperate trials at utd and we didnt sign him. Odengaard was causing alot of problems. ETH brought on fred specifially to plug that left side of midfield issue where martinelli and odengaard were getting alot of joy.

I thought arsenal looked the better team. Until artetas self distruct moment of going all in with 3 attacking subs, we were on the ropes.
Damn never realised he had trials here

dutchred

Not sure that City will steamroll the league. many teams can give them a good game,
Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Brighton and us. They have already dropped points against Newcastle and Villa which I didn't expect

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
United apart, no team has won 3 in a row, so that rules out City
Pool look like they're done
Chelsea are heading for a season where they implode
Spurs - :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsenal - :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Leaving us as the most likely champions

Gasolin

I'm down. But the first focus has to keep winning until the boxing day. If United can do so, then yes, it's on. Can they do it? That's a different question, but it's impossible to predict the league before the first round of games are played for me.

But City are being lucky so far, they could have gone behind way more than what their points tally suggest.
Liverpool are slow too, something's up there, maybe injuries are impacting more than expected.
Chelsea bought Aubamayang but they still seem to have some serious issues and were lucky with West Ham in the last game.
Arsenal? Maybe they will bounce back against Everton but the team looks young.
Spurs are actually well drilled and they seem to deliver the wins so far.

So I don't think it's impossible if the others keep wasting points and we don't.

Boondog

If we lose Varane and Martinez and have to play Maguire and Lindelof we are screwed as well...
Maybe. But I am starting to think all our players who are doing the work are going to improve. There has been improvement in the basics across the board thus far, so if Maguire has been working hard and Lindelof too then maybe they play well enough to not be a problem.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We are only 3 points behind the leader, the title is up for grab.

MuFc_1992

The fixture schedule is going to be really congested this season due to the world cup so it should be a cakewalk for City considering the depth of their squad. It a long shot but I don't see how Liverpool have better chance than us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
We need Ronaldo to get in some goalscoring form.

Then ten Hag can choose the forward line that is suited depending on the match and time.

I think the Europa Cup is going to be important for Ronaldo to start scoring goals again.

Real Name

Sure, they looked really good and dominated possession in parts of the game, but I wouldn't go that far that we were on the ropes.

dinostar77

Sure, they looked really good and dominated possession in parts of the game, but I wouldn't go that far that we were on the ropes.
We had to bring on fred to help the midfeld from being overrun in the second half as explainwd in the video below.

MegadrivePerson

I still think fourth is most likely.
City, Spurs, Arsenal as the top three.
Chelsea and Liverpool have problems that will allow us to finish above them, but I think that Spurs and Arsenal are much further ahead of us as a team. We still haven't played particularly well this season despite winning four games in a row.

Infra-red

Fourth place would be a really good first season for Ten Hag and would exceed many people's expectations.

City will surely win the league at a canter with a double-figure point margin of victory and Haaland on 40+ goals.

Giggsy13

Stop providing material for our rivals. It’s best we keep our feet firmly on the ground and just enjoy our current run.

MayfieldsFinest

We wont win the league this year but we'll close the gap significantly and I'm happy with that.

Norris Cole

Fourth place would be a fantastic achievement. Nearly every pundit had us down for 5th-7th place finish this season, and for good reason.

lex talionis

The most I’ll stretch is that we’ll contend for second place, but it’s really hard to see anyone other than City lifting the PL try this season.

Chumpsbechumps

Dream big but have realistic expectations. United won’t win the league or be anywhere near winning it for me. The way city look, it would be a Leicester league winning freak for United to win it.

Top 4 is a realistic target but considering the competition and the fact that half the starters (and manager) at the club are only bedding in, it’s gonna be a topsey turvey seeason for me.

I think some games and winning runs could give us hope while old habits and disappointing setbacks bring us back down to earth. This run we are on has been very laboured. We don’t know how the team will do against teams that sit back or how the team will react to going a goal or two down. We also don’t know how subs or changes will affect the team cohesion.

My honest prediction is that at least until after the World Cup it’s gonna be bumpy. Some painful steps back that will have a “oh here we go again” feel to it.

Id say we will qualify for EL knockouts (hope ETH finds it actually easier then EPL even when resting players). I’d say we might be 5/6th in league after some setbacks (but this will also depend on whether Chelsea and Liverpool get their act together).

If Ronaldo gets on board with ETH strategy and expectations (which there are signs he’s doing), this could be an even better season then it looks. I think he could really fit into the system as he’s just too good and I could see him flourishing as a team player (not individual) of a fluid forward line.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Whilst I don’t think it’s going to Be us -

I do feel like the premier league is extremely open with teams like City changing tactics that have arguably made them less of a team.

I feel that Pep changed tactics to go full on for the CL - so the PL could be won by anyone.
I also thought this season had a chance to be really weird with the WC in the middle and the constant run of games. All it takes is a couple of injuries or knocks and next thing you know Brighton could be in 3rd come March because none of their players play internationally (just an example but you know what I mean).

tyunited

Thought we would be fighting relegation after 2 games i'd be happy with a top 4 finish never mind a PL title.