Who, with me, believes we can win the premier league?

chris123

It all depends on City really. If they keep needlessly dropping points like they have done and show some vulnerability, then why the feck not? I don't see any difference between us and Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool in terms of quality.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
May as well ride this wave until we lose. We might even be top four by then!!

lsd

The Oracle
Looking at our last ten fixtures to see when we will clinch it.

I fancy May 13th home to Wolves

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No.... But I believe ten hag can have us competing for it before too long like Klopp has Liverpool every year. Being up against Klopp at Liverpool and Pep at city, it's never a guarantee no matter what. As good as Liverpool have been, as many points as they've collected, they've only won it once. Seriously bad luck. So here's hoping we get over the line and Klopp and Pep feck off before long anyway.

As for this year, nah. There will be teething issues, injuries etc. Need a goalkeeper. If Martial and the rest managed to have an injury free season, we could maybe do something? But without the goalkeeper nah. I think De Gea and our striker situation with Martials injuries and nobody else being a good target man will ultimately prove to hold us back and give us frustrating draws. We need to control games better and be more of a threat and those 2 positions go a long way towards that.

croadyman

IF we didn't still have holes in first XI meaning able to play Erik's football then maybe would have slim hope,however we do so not possible

croadyman

It all depends on City really. If they keep needlessly dropping points like they have done and show some vulnerability, then why the feck not? I don't see any difference between us and Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool in terms of quality.
Yeah can't see enough teams troubling them

Remember the geese

I think it's a year too soon. With three or four quality signings next summer, I believe we can compete for the title. Things can change very quickly in football and I laughed out loud last season when I heard pundits and fans alike declare that United were X amount of years away from challenging for the title.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Not for me. I think we are a way off that standard at the moment.

I admire the optimism! I think with the right additions in the next two windows and if ETH can really put his stamp on this side...there's no reason why we can't push on over the next few years.

There's still too much to address for me. City absolutely dominate games. They strangle the life out of opponents. Sure they've dropped a few points...but they way they dominate over 90 minutes is the standard. Liverpool have done the same over the last 3 years (perhaps not to the same extreme).

Obviously Leicester showed you don't have to play that way to win a league title, but they really were the anomaly (in a league where nobody dominated).

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
I do. I think in terms of squad we're not that far behind. City is the biggest challenge and to me they're in the "gets a star striker to mask other deficiencies" part of their cycle.
I think Spurs are serious as well.

However its too early to consider ourselves a contender. This team has to show it is good enough to beat a variety if teams. Lets see how we do if one of our back 4 gets injured (which we always seem to get around Christmas). How long can Eriksen keep playing 90 mins at top intensity? Can Rashfor get his mojo back?

Eddy_JukeZ

It's a season too early for us. We need to get better at controlling games and pinning teams back with more consistency. We need a better GK and another midfielder.

But we can easily get top 4.

lysglimt

Scout
Win - absolutely not, fighting for C.L-spot ? Yes. And after we start we had, I would not have dared to be that optimistic 3 weeks ago. We will however have a situation where 2 really good teams will finish outside top-4. Usually you expect at least one of those 6 teams to have an off-season, but there are no signs of that this season.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Win - absolutely not, fighting for C.L-spot ? Yes. And after we start we had, I would not have dared to be that optimistic 3 weeks ago. We will however have a situation where 2 really good teams will finish outside top-4. Usually you expect at least one of those 6 teams to have an off-season, but there are no signs of that this season.
Both Liverpool and Chelsea are having off seasons so far. One of them will probably pick up but I fully expect one of those to have a poor season.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Striker, RB, De Jong, then we're a pretty good team. If we could get another dribbler out wide I'd be very happy, unless Sancho picks things up.

We will need to stay fit, though, if Martinez is out we're already looking vulnerable.

Art

Art the artist
Our key players need to be fit for us to have any chance. No way are we winning it with Maguire back in the lineup.

liman

An injury to one of our back four we will have to use one of Maguire, Shaw , Awb again and that's when all your hope is gone.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yes I think we can at least challenge for something this season. We beat last season almost quadruple winner Liverpool, and we beat in form league leader Arsenal. Why not people just have a little faith.

InfiniteBoredom

We got pasted by Brentford 4-0 barely a month ago.

Top 4 and a cup this season would be a great start, then hopefully we can sort the GK, ST situation next summer and depending on the funds available, get a metronomic midfielder in, then we are in business. Pep might have left by then as well which makes the task easier.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I think ten Hag is capable of challenging klopp and guardiola for it. If only we’d of won the first 2 games. It’s funny that despite all liverpools dominance over the last few years they’ve only won the league once. They’ve had loads of chances to overtake us… now we’re on our way back up and there fading a little bit.

Daengophile

For sure we have a chance.

Top 4 is realistic

Anything more is just possible

Glideman

Not this year but I do believe in the next 2/3 seasons defo

nau05194

I think it's a year too soon. With three or four quality signings next summer, I believe we can compete for the title. Things can change very quickly in football and I laughed out loud last season when I heard pundits and fans alike declare that United were X amount of years away from challenging for the title.
I think it was generally a helpful narrative for keeping a lid on fan expectations this season and therefore not heap pressure on Erik Ten Hag after a series of bad results which could come at any point this season.

If Manchester United go on to hit a sticky run of results at any point throughout what is an unpredictable season this year (World Cup) this narrative may still be helpful in keeping pressure off Erik Ten Hag and give him time to continue to construct his squad.

We are still building the team and I would be surprised if there aren't setbacks at some point.

December_16

Football is boring without a bit of optimism, however unrealistic. I’ll hang onto my hope of winning the title this year until it’s mathematically impossible to do so. With so much disappointment in the past few years, what’s another year of being disappointed do to me anyway.

wolvored

Fergie said you cant tell the way the league shaping up until xmas. I'll reserve judgement until then.

Strelok

Yeah in about three years unless some miracle happens. This is basically the same with the relegation discussion after the first two matches.

I've written this season off and I'll continue to do so. Just let ETH build his team and implement his football first I think.

dinostar77

Not yet, but top 4 now a realistic target.
Agreed 3rd or 4th place is achieveble. We got very lucky against arsenal. We started well, after their disallowed goal they controlled the game until we scored on the break.

Arteta was the architect of his own downfall wih his triple substitions.

We are heavily relant on ericcson in midfield and lots of team will defend against us with a low block, not leaving rahford the space to run into.

Arsenal did look very good for the first 60mins. They wil get a CL slot.

Real Name

Agreed 3rd or 4th place is achieveble. We got very lucky against arsenal. We started well, after their disallowed goal they controlled the game until we scored on the break.

Arteta was the architect of his own downfall wih his triple substitions.

We are heavily relant on ericcson in midfield and lots of team will defend against us with a low block, not leaving rahford the space to run into.

Arsenal did look very good for the first 60mins. They wil get a CL slot.
I wouldn't say we were lucky. First 15, 20 minutes we were in complete control, after disallowed goal they were better and in the 2nd half till our 2nd goal. For all their domination in posession they had like 2 chances all in all, it's not that they had chance after chance and we somehow squeezed that victory.

And its Eriksen, sorry. :D

mctrials23

Not a chance and I think that we will drop points because of ETH once he starts getting happier with the squad and how we are playing.

Those first 2 games brought home just how strong the PL is and how much work ETH had on his hands. I think he quickly realised that the sort of football he thought he could play was a pipe dream in the immediate future and trying to play it would have us mid-table at best this year. Hes adapted, gone back to basics and seems to be going from back to front, sorting out each area of the team. Defence has been solidified, next will be the midfield and finally the attack.

When we start seeing more adventurous and front foot football I think we will drop some silly points but it will be in the pursuit of an ultimately better outcome in the long term. He simply can't do that until we have a far more solid foundation to build from without dropping far too many points and missing CL football next season etc.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I think we could have a very strong season and we definitely should be in the mix for a top 4 spot. That is the bare minimum with the squad we have.

However, while you try and keep your head in reality, it's very hard not to wonder how far we can actually go this year. There's a lot to feel optimistic about currently and we should just try and enjoy the ride for a bit and see where we end up, we could surprise a few people. There's a whiff of summat special about this current side that hasn't been present for some time. Everything seems different and we'll only get better the more this team plays together.

ETH though, he seems like the real deal to me. Pep and Klopp should be worried, definitely a new boy in town and unlike so many other pretenders, he actually seems like he knows what he's doing. Buckle up people, it's going to be a hell of a ride I reckon.

abailey123

I don’t think we’ll win the league this year but I think we’ll win either the FA cup or Europa League. I think we end up second best to City in the league, their depth is ridiculous.
Ten Hags building something special here. He’s got buy in from the players, who thought all it took was the manager to run 8 miles with the squad for them to run through brick walls for him?
Another 4 signings next summer (GK, RB, deep lying play maker & a striker) will see us compete for the title.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Right now completely ridiculous to suggest.

3rd or 4th (and at a massive push 2nd) maybe but wait until after the World Cup and we’ll see where we’re at.