Who would you like to win it - Argentina, Croatia, France or Morocco?

Who’d you like to win this World Cup?

• Total voters

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
France vs Argentina would be a glorious final and propel the eventual winner to the echelon of the competition.

Gasolin

So you took the interview of one player to judge a whole team, staff, federation and country?

Morocco is located in the african continent and is an african country, no matter what Boufal might think. I'm pretty sure that there aren't many Moroccans who would see it otherwise. A good part of its population has arabic origins, the other does not. It's a mixed heritage that makes Morocco as well as Tunisia, Algeria, Libya and Egypt as much african as arabic. They're members of the CAF which, as its name explicit states, is the governing body for african football.

If I were you, I'd refrain from making such generalized comments. There's no need to stir the pot and create a polemic when there's absolutely none.
I didn't need to stir the pot, there is a reason why he had to apologize and that his coach also had to specify the above. It's because the comment was very controversial and it did create a whole mess and critics from lots of people. So don't look at me for any generalized comments, look at everyone else who reacted to his comments and forced his federation / team to clarify.

Kopral Jono

Which of the remaining countries has the most United fans? Judging from the number of Croats in this forum it could very well be Croatia -- a bit strange, if true, given that we've never had a Croatian player in our books.

Micky Targaryen

Morocco because underdogs.

Argentina because Ronaldo needs to know who the real GOAT is.

Croatia because I've always loved watching Modric play.

France because.... nah.

scottser

The missis got Croatia in her work sweepstakes. And we went on honeymoon to Dubrovnik, so that's about the strongest allegiance I have to any of the teams that are left. I would also not begrudge Messi a winner's medal.

Von Mistelroum

Argentina so that Messi can show that he's still a major influence while Ronaldo begs for a move to Saudi.

Pintu

Only two countries have won two world cups in a row. And France aren't a heavyweight yet, we need a few more wins to be alongside Germany and Italy.
Everyone sees you as a heavyweight. You've won 4 major trophies, including 2 WC. And a bunch of the lesser trophies as well (like the NL a year ago). You've also produced some of the biggest names in football's history (Players and managers alike).

AjaxNL

Anyone but Argentina. cnutish behaviour in the quarters against us, so now I'm rooting for anybody else to win it

slyadams

If we get a Morocco vs Croatia final it mighten soften the blow of last Saturday a little bit. Can't stand Argentina and, well, its the French.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Everyone sees you as a heavyweight. You've won 4 major trophies, including 2 WC. And a bunch of the lesser trophies as well (like the NL a year ago). You've also produced some of the biggest names in football's history (Players and managers alike).
Which is nothing compared to the actual heavyweights. France is a country that thrives to join them but isn't there yet.

Yakuza_devils

It's written in the star, it's South America turn after so many years.

This is also for Messi as one of the best player ever to play football.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Anyone but Argentina. cnutish behaviour in the quarters against us, so now I'm rooting for anybody else to win it
Same here. Anyone but them. Id like to see Morroco win it but I think France have a better chance of beating Argentina.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah I'm sad for what we've done to these innocent Dutch teddy bears.
You guys acted like cnuts during the PK, your arrogance served you right
The Dutch sour grapes are truly a sight to behold. It's like they think they were a prime example of sportsmanship in the run-up to that game and during the game/penalty series. Delusional.

You reap what you sow.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Yeah I'm sad for what we've done to these innocent Dutch teddy bears.
You guys acted like cnuts during the PK, your arrogance served you right
Pure salt, fact is the were shit and only got a draw in the end because they abandoned all their footballing principles (which I don't blame them for because they were terrible at actually playing football) and played Tony Pulis "Stokeball" for the final 10 then went out in a cowardly fashion anyway.

They should have just saved everyone the hassle and blasted the ball over the bar in the final minutes.

Men against boys.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
The Dutch sour grapes are truly a sight to behold. It's like they think they were a prime example of sportsmanship in the run-up to that game and during the game/penalty series. Delusional.

You reap what you sow.
Exactly , if I've learned anything recently it's that the European sides have perfected the art of blaming everyone and everything for their own shortcomings.

So classy though.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Morocco winning it will be the NT equivalent of Leicester winning the Premier League.

miked99

Not Argentina. How have such an unimpressive team reached the final? They've shown so little and somehow they're in a World Cup Final. If you took Messi out there'd be nothing there.

I'd love Morocco to win it because that would be a story for the ages, and it would give hope and motivation to other smaller nations that anything is possible. I think France will win though, they have the combination of strength and know-how.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Morocco

despite having a man crush on Lisandro Martinez, I dislike how Argentina have behaved along the way. Thought they were disgraceful against the Dutch.

Tommy79

Not Argentina. How have such an unimpressive team reached the final? They've shown so little and somehow they're in a World Cup Final. If you took Messi out there'd be nothing there.

I'd love Morocco to win it because that would be a story for the ages, and it would give hope and motivation to other smaller nations that anything is possible. I think France will win though, they have the combination of strength and know-how.
I have to agree with your opening two sentences, as this current crop are also such a bunch of unlikeable pricks and smack of arrogance, maybe it's a thing with the bigger South American nations (just asking)? As we had Brazil getting a sixth star put on their jerseys prior to this WC, we saw Argentina and Uruguay act and play like a bunch of vile street thugs, even saint leo and his false act of been a (nice guy) was blown away.

As for Morocco, I don't know if what you say (no offence) holds weight or would achieve what you stated (highlighted bit) as let's not forget people said the same when Greece won the euros in 04 and it really didn't inspire that much in the smaller nations like my own, but it would be nice outcome of the 3 left in it

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
It's amazing how deceived people are with the match against the Dutch.
Yeah it's quite obviously the exception rather than the rule.

Saudi Arabia? Enormous embarrassing upset.. no bullshit.

Mexico? Heated, extremely important to win.. no bullshit.

Poland? Relatively mild affair.. no bullshit.

Australia? A little bit more heated than Poland... No bullshit.

Netherlands? Tonnes of bullshit from everyone.

Croatia? Heated semi final game.. no bullshit.

It's obvious that the Netherlands game was the exception rather than the rule and that picture that was circulated (which ignores all context) has made a massive impact on (from what I can gather from here and reddit) the Argentinian teams reputation with (especially) European fanbases.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Would you twats stop hating on us already :lol: Everyone was a cnut that match, but it would never have happened if Rivaldo hadn't had such a difficult personality and Van Gaal hadn't subbed Riquelme somewhere in the last millennium.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Would you twats stop hating on us already :lol: Everyone was a cnut that match, but it would never have happened if Rivaldo hadn't had such a difficult personality and Van Gaal hadn't subbed Riquelme somewhere in the last millennium.
I actually quite like the Dutch (Especially their footballing history), I just think the game has been weaponised to attack South American teams attitudes towards fair play etc (by people who have some stereotypical view point of this part of the world mostly) and although it's not really being perpetrated by the Dutch (for example I've read you repeatedly say that both teams acted badly, which I think everyone here agrees with) I think that you guys are getting some backlash for the people acting on your behalf which is unfair.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I actually quite like the Dutch (Especially their footballing history), I just think the game has been weaponised to attack South American teams attitudes towards fair play etc (by people who have some stereotypical view point of this part of the world mostly) and although it's not really being perpetrated by the Dutch (for example I've read you repeatedly say that both teams acted badly, which I think everyone here agrees with) I think that you guys are getting some backlash for the people acting on your behalf which is unfair.
There was obviously a bit of bad blood from the start since I think Argentina used Van Gaal's words to stoke the flames a bit. Personally, while a bit daft by Van Gaal, it was hardly malicious, just Van Gaal being his normal self, he said he was confident we would win on pens and that Messi doesn't track back. Reading stories about him hating Latino's and adding stuff from the 90s and Di Maria's stint seems like they all made it a bit bigger than it had to be. The narrative that our games always erupt is also not really true. 2014 and 2006 were mostly bloodless and while 1998 had 2 reds, it hardly was a massive battle. I'm not a fecking grandpa so I'm not too clear on 1978, but if one side was suspect there, I'd say it's the side of the dictator.

The match itself, both parties were a bit cnuty, but for me the thing that really kicked it off was Paredes acting like a complete fecking lunatic. Our antic during penalties were weak sportsmanship as well, but then the way Emi Martinez reacted is completely over the top, since he is a huge trashtalker himself.

The ref didn't have an impact on the end result if you ask me, though not booking the handball was just such an easy decision to start the "Messi needs to win the cup" conspiracies, which is obviously bollocks if you ask me. They got one dodgy pen (not sure which match it was, the one with the keeper and the fist), that's all.

Having said all that, I hope Messi fecks off home without the cup, I'm petty like that.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
but for me the thing that really kicked it off was Paredes acting like a complete fecking lunatic.
Yeah 100% but that's just Paredes, he's a dick.

Honestly in hindsight it was a bit of a dumb move (like Arteta fighting with Klopp last season) because it gave the Dutch even more fire in their bellies to try and equalize + even more added time.

It's the kind of thing that isn't really beneficial if the ref adds the appropriate time to compensate (which he probably did).

In saying all that I absolutely loved it at the time but that's because I'm a huge fan of the Footballing Heels (dying breed) and general footballing shithousery.

AaronRedDevil

C’mon Messi. Win this thing for Ronaldo. It’s what he’d want:D. Also would love to see Morocco do it but France is in the way. Mbappe is a cheat code.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Only two countries have won two world cups in a row. And France aren't a heavyweight yet, we need a few more wins to be alongside Germany and Italy.
Stop the typical french self pity.

Most people outside of France see France as a clear heavyweight, you have now reached more WC semifinals than Argentina(7 vs 6) and have the same number of WC semifinals as Italy...and Italy has two more WCs than you because of Mussolini (1934 and 1938).

History keeps being written, and Italy missed the last 2 WCs and didn't get out of group stage in 2010 and 2014, just because it's modern era, and not the 'good ol days', doesn't mean those moments should be erased from italian football history.

Only two countries have reached more WC semifinals than France : Brazil and Germany.

Facts alone, France is a heavyweight, no matter how you try to downplay the moment.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Stop the typical french self pity.

Most people outside of France see France as a clear heavyweight, you have now reached more WC semifinals than Argentina(7 vs 6) and have the same number of WC semifinals as Italy...and Italy has two more WCs than you because of Mussolini (1934 and 1938).

History keeps being written, and Italy missed the last 2 WCs and got knocked out in 2010 and 2014 in group stage, just because it's modern era, and not the 'good ol days', doesn't mean those moments should be erased from italian football history.

Only two countries have reached more WC semifinals than France : Brazil and Germany.

Facts, France is heavyweight, no matter how you try to downplay the moment.
Or I don't consider 2 WC and 2 Euro equivalent to 4-5 World Cups and as many if not more continental victories. It has nothing to do with self pity but the simple fact that France do not have as many silverware as the teams that I consider heavyweights, from an historical standpoint.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Exactly , if I've learned anything recently it's that the European sides have perfected the art of blaming everyone and everything for their own shortcomings.

So classy though.
Argentina does this all the time too, you inherited it from the italians, who complain a lot about the referee too when losing.

Especially argentinian football press, which is the worst of SouthAmerica by far.