Who would you like to win it - Argentina, Croatia, France or Morocco?

Who’d you like to win this World Cup?

• Total voters

IFC 1905

Just behaves like one on the pitch in nearly every match I see him in. There's a clip on twitter of him repeatedly shouting "I fecked you twice" at someone from the Dutch team. What the hell is that all about.

That's directly to Van Gaal, who before the match said that if they would get to the penalties, they had the advantage. And would certainly win.

Not the best response in the world, but I understand his reaction.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Argentina got every decision from the ref against the Netherlands and then Messi and Martinez started acting the cnut and talking way too much to the media afterwards.

1. Morocco
2. Croatia
3. France
4. Argentina

IFC 1905

Argentina got every decision from the ref against the Netherlands and then Messi and Martinez started acting the cnut and talking way too much to the media afterwards.

1. Morocco
2. Croatia
3. France
4. Argentina
So, Argentina got every decision from the ref? then why we had more cards with them havin way more fouls? why 10 minutes of added time? why the ref let all the Netherlands players provoke every penalty taker for Argentina? i'ts all bullshet

And you know why Messi and Martinez talked afterwards? because Van Gaal and some players talked too much before. That's how it works man, if you're gonna dish it out, then you have to take it.

SER19

Emi Martinez is so unlikeable he singlehandedly outweighs the reasons I'd like Argentina to win it.

Croatia or Morocco for me

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
That's directly to Van Gaal, who before the match said that if they would get to the penalties, they had the advantage. And would certainly win.

Not the best response in the world, but I understand his reaction.
You greedy feck, you wanted him to save more than two penalties?

Mercurial

Argentina for Lisandro & Messi, but would be very cool for Morocco to win one.

antohan

Emi Martinez is so unlikeable he singlehandedly outweighs the reasons I'd like Argentina to win it.
If I were an Argie I'd say yeah he is a cnut but our cnut and all that.

I sure as feck would be glad to have him and not Romero. Likeable chap, good goalie, but meh. You want an arrogant twat who walks onto the pitch thinking nothing will get past him. Nothing.

Gasolin

1. France for the third star after having made 3 consecutive great world cups: 2014 QF, 2018 Champion and maybe 2022 Champion.

2. Argentina for Messi, though that feels staged.

3. Morocco for the African country, though they seem to feel more connected to Muslim and Arab countries instead of the CAF and the African continent. I hope they fix that communication quickly.

4. Croatia because they still have great players and in a way, they represent that Yugoslavia team that should have won a world cup.

Steffa Barnesa

Morocco being added to the list of World Cup winning countries would be so unexpected, I can't get me nut round it, it's too strange for me. This France team, while very good, don't strike me as worthy of being the first team to retain it since '62, and Hugo Lloris outstanding enough of a footballing figure to be a two-time World Cup winning captain. Argentina shithouse too much - which I don't mind to an extent, but I ultimately want such teams to fail at the end, to get their just desserts rather than win the big trophies. That leaves Croatia - they're a non-traditional powerhouse, but them winning wouldn't be a shock to the system as they've proven themselves to be very strong in three of the eight World Cups I've seen. I also feel the criticism they get for being negative is a little harsh, as it's somewhat down to lacking quality (besides Perisic) in the final third.

But that's being picky. There's not much to choose between all four sides, and what I'd most like is for a clear winner to emerge, a team to knock our socks off in the final two games and prove themselves worthy of the greatest trophy in sport. I wouldn't begrudge any of these sides a glorious victory.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
If I were an Argie I'd say yeah he is a cnut but our cnut and all that.

I sure as feck would be glad to have him and not Romero. Likeable chap, good goalie, but meh. You want an arrogant twat who walks onto the pitch thinking nothing will get past him. Nothing.
He messed up for the first Dutch goal! (the header)

antohan

He messed up for the first Dutch goal! (the header)
I saw him get interviewed in different languages and in all of them he makes a point of stating he didn't see the header and then it was too late.

Cobblers, but that's how you want it, each goal hurting like hell.

captaincantona

I dislike the Argentinian spirit…they are one big shithouse of a National team.

I have no reason to like Morocco but would never root against an underdog.

France served their purpose of knocking out England but I dislike any number of their players.

it has to be Croatia. Think Modric deserves it just as much as anyone in the tournament. For a country with less than €4 million people…jesus it would be amazing if they did it.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I think if Morocco or Croatia win it, we'd see start to see dark horses like Switzerland, Denmark or Serbia start to believe in their abilities a bit more to win a trophy

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
1. France for the third star after having made 3 consecutive great world cups: 2014 QF, 2018 Champion and maybe 2022 Champion.

2. Argentina for Messi, though that feels staged.

3. Morocco for the African country, though they seem to feel more connected to Muslim and Arab countries instead of the CAF and the African continent. I hope they fix that communication quickly.

4. Croatia because they still have great players and in a way, they represent that Yugoslavia team that should have won a world cup.
Where the feck did you get that from?

Gasolin

Where the feck did you get that from?
Weren't you there when Boufal did his interview? When they beat Spain, he literally said "this victory belongs to all Moroccan people, to all Arab people, and to all Muslim people around the world". Creating a whole controversy.

Their coach ended it in the next interview by reminding everyone that Morocco competes in the CAF within Africa, but it was controversial to only dedicate it to Arabs and Muslims beyond Morocco.

Boufal apologized later.

https://ojbsport.com/2022/12/08/mor...ying-moroccos-win-is-for-arabs-and-moroccans/

Swordsman

Swashbuckling football should be rewarded and the team closest to that is France only.

Argentine a bunch of Hollywood's actors and Dirty Harry so no.

Boring/Negative/Anti-football/Cautious/Defensive teams like Croatia and Morocco is no no too

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Weren't you there when Boufal did his interview? When they beat Spain, he literally said "this victory belongs to all Moroccan people, to all Arab people, and to all Muslim people around the world". Creating a whole controversy.

Their coach ended it in the next interview by reminding everyone that Morocco competes in the CAF within Africa, but it was controversial to only dedicate it to Arabs and Muslims beyond Morocco.

Boufal apologized later.

https://ojbsport.com/2022/12/08/mor...ying-moroccos-win-is-for-arabs-and-moroccans/
So you took the interview of one player to judge a whole team, staff, federation and country?

Morocco is located in the african continent and is an african country, no matter what Boufal might think. I'm pretty sure that there aren't many Moroccans who would see it otherwise. A good part of its population has arabic origins, the other does not. It's a mixed heritage that makes Morocco as well as Tunisia, Algeria, Libya and Egypt as much african as arabic. They're members of the CAF which, as its name explicit states, is the governing body for african football.

If I were you, I'd refrain from making such generalized comments. There's no need to stir the pot and create a polemic when there's absolutely none.

Last edited:

Ted Lasso

Been a very political tinged World Cup so might as well add that I have a hard time really, truly feeling any affinity towards or wanting Argentina to win as they were safe harbor for Nazis.

From a sporting side only, surprised to see Argentina leading in a United forum. Tevez, Di Maria and Heinze were really awful to the club. Lisandro and Garnacho aside (too new to really have major sympathy) can't recall a good argie - United connection.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I like that France try to play the game on the front foot & have players who are entertaining. I'm backing France.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Argentina winning it would be sweet. Messi getting the world cup would be so deserving after what he's given to the game after all these years.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Argentina are shithousing cnuts

Croatia are boring cnuts

France are the best team left by far but I don't like the idea of them winning back to back

So Morocco it is !

Swordsman

Argentina are shithousing cnuts

Croatia are boring cnuts

France are the best team left by far but I don't like the idea of them winning back to back

So Morocco it is !

Why dont like the idea of winning back to back? If they are good enough to do so then so be it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Can I add an option for Messi? I want Morocco or Messi to win it.