Who would you not take as manager at United?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

To replace Ole.

Dalglish? McKenna? Mourinho? Ole as interim manager?

Gandalf

I could go all day but for now let's just say that no ex players should be considered and also nobody with a connection to City, Liverpool Chelsea or Arsenal but most importantly, and I cannot stress this enough, no to Poch.

MUFC OK

Possibly the silliest thread I've seen in.. well, about 24 hours.

If we can't get the guy we want right now, I would take almost anybody until the end of the season. We can't continue like this any longer. At least find an experienced old head for the short short term who will sort us out defensively and get some shape into the team, then get a top class manager as soon as he's available. It's a complete mess.

diarm

Southgate, Gerrard, Martinez, Poch, Koeman, Moyes, Jose, Allardyce, Rooney, Farke, Simeone, Benitez, Allegri, Fonseca.

Just off the top of my head.

croadyman

Southgate, Gerrard, Martinez, Poch, Koeman, Moyes, Jose, Allardyce, Rooney, Farke, Simeone, Benitez, Allegri, Fonseca.

Presume it's the style of Poch & Simeone which is putting you off them

Chip

Would you take Dalglish?

JPB

Southgate, Pochettino, Conte. Anyone who isn't Ten Hag and Zidane.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Of realistic options (meaning Dalglish etc are out) it's no to Rodgers, Southgate and Mancini.

Obvious nos like Koeman shouldn't be part of this conversation, either.

hobbers

Southgate and Rodgers. Anyone British and a fecking overrated no-mark basically.

Koeman is the most negative manager out there, would be a sickening appointment. Obviously don't need to mention Moyes again, do we?

Roberto Martinez and Allegri also good shouts. Rubbish managers.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Welcome to the surreal world of supporting Manchester United in 2021.
I often listen to Pat Nevin talking about football.
Not anymore after tonight when he said if it were up to him he would bring Moyes back!
Whoever the next guy is he better be good.Five duds in a row is hard to take.

lsd

The Oracle
Erik Nevland
Ronny Johnson
Henning Berg
Joshua King

Not sure why but just something about them makes me not want them managing this club

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Joke aside, of the realistic names in contention, Rodgers. Serial bottler, Liverpool reject, not even that well with his current club and never even made top 4 with them.

Flytan

Southgate, Mourinho, any current assistant coach

Rest I would take as either interim or permanent.

DarkDog

I hope EdWood doesn’t get the manager job. Although he can’t be worse than the empty suit right now. Okay I would take literally anyone else than Solskjaer.

Fingeredmouse

I hope EdWood doesn’t get the manager job. Although he can’t be worse than the empty suit right now. Okay I would take literally anyone else than Solskjaer.
David Lynch? Helen Mirren? Richard Dawkins? Jeff Goldblum?

Dansk

Of the ones that are actually being talked of, Brendan Rodgers is the one I'm most worried about. There's obviously no chance that the club will hire Mourinho again, and someone like Dalglish hasn't had a job in almost a decade, so I don't know why that name was even mentioned. But there's some remote possibility that Rodgers is a realistic candidate.

Even if he hadn't managed Liverpool in the past, I have no idea why anyone would want him at United. Yeah, he did fairly well at Celtic, but it was at a time when Rangers had just clawed their way back to the SPL after their demotion. It was probably the easiest time in living memory to succeed at Celtic. They won the league nine fecking years in a row, so it's really hard to attribute it to the manager of three of those years. While he did win the FA Cup with Leicester, it's not as if they're any good this season.

This club cannot live with yet another manager whose credentials are questionable. Whoever replaces Ole, it has to be someone that the fans and players will be excited for. Brendan fecking Rodgers is most certainly not that man. He has never accomplished anything of note, and when you then take into account the fact that he did manage our biggest rival not so very long ago, and made a huge arse of himself in that ridiculous documentary, many fans would reject him from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.