Who's going to be the hero tomorrow?

Irwin99

And by hero, I mean the MOTM and/or possibly the winning goalscorer? Obviously the whole team needs to play a blinder but what legend will be born tomorrow as the guy who stopped City winning the Treble? Sancho or Weghorst would be very funny (the former is not beyond the realms of possibility but the latter would probably be the funniest thing of all time and he'd be a legend forever :D).

Thinking positively, who do you think is going to be key for us to win this and why?

EliasRavelino

Supports
Sevilla
And by hero, I mean the MOTM and/or possibly the winning goalscorer? Obviously the whole team needs to play a blinder but what legend will be born tomorrow as the guy who stopped City winning the Treble? Sancho or Weghorst would be very funny (the former is not beyond the realms of possibility but the latter would probably be the funniest thing of all time and he'd be a legend forever :D).

Thinking positively, who do you think is going to be key for us to win this and why?
Well Weghorst to win the FA Cup and Dzeko (with a header in the 94th minute) to win the Champions League would be karma if you believe they have cheated their way to the top.... typical City? But I can't see it myself.

Canuckred64

Maguire. Heads it in from a corner in the 89th minute a few minutes after coming in as a sub, causing everybody to fall in love with him again and demand that he not be sold.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Well Weghorst to win the FA Cup and Dzeko (with a header in the 94th minute) to win the Champions League would be karma if you believe they have cheated their way to the top.... typical City? But I can't see it myself.
If that actually came to pass, I would start looking more closely at the existence of a higher power.

He'sRaldo

Weghorst through on goal from a Maguire knockdown, then cooly slots it home. 1-0.

Irwin99

Maguire. Heads it in from a corner in the 89th minute a few minutes after coming in as a sub, causing everybody to fall in love with him again and demand that he not be sold.
I like this redemption arc

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Imagine if it’s weghorst. His last game for us. If anyones scoring the winner tomorrow it’s got to be Rashford, or maybe a Casemiro screamer. He’s been chipping in with crucial goals this season.

Todd

I'm going to hope that Rashford is MOTM

I'm going to fear that De Bruyne or Silva or Haaland is going to be MOTM

Paul_Scholes18

I hope it is De Gea with a pen save in the shoot out. Ideally saving Haaland and KDB pens.

SER19

If the referee manages to punish Rodri like a normal, sane person, then that's heroic.

SAFMUTD

Its going to be Rashford. Screamer from outside the box around the 70' and we hold to our lives until the final whistle.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If that happens, I will excuse everything and he can stay here as a captain.

Walters_19_MuFc

In terns of goals, other than Rashford, we don't really have any players who consistently score in big games.

Off the ball, I'm hoping Fred can keep De Bruyne quiet like he did for the game at Old Trafford, other than the one time he lost him, which resulted in a goal by Grealish.I also have a sneaky feeling ten Hag could play Shaw as a centre back, as he kept Haaland so quiet, and he's the only player who seems to have the speed and strength to compete with Haaland.

On the ball, I'm hoping Bruno uses the ball well. We'll have chances to counter. Its crucial we pick the right pass at the right time.

Be a tough game, but you wouldn't expect anything less in a final.

Give it all we have and see what happens!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Casemiro.

The guy didn't have to leave Real Madrid. He could have easily stayed there and competed, and maybe lost, for his DM position there whilst still picking up a hefty paycheck. But he didn't, because he's a serial winner. He doesn't want the easy achievements, he wants to earn them.

He'll fecking smash City tomorrow with the fury of a million angry chipmunk faced bastards.

Note; couldn't find the Case thread so I've just altered my thoughts to make it work here.

always_hoping

Casemiro.

The guy didn't have to leave Real Madrid. He could have easily stayed there and competed, and maybe lost, for his DM position there whilst still picking up a hefty paycheck. But he didn't, because he's a serial winner. He doesn't want the easy achievements, he wants to earn them.

He'll fecking smash City tomorrow with the fury of a million angry chipmunk faced bastards.

Note; couldn't find the Case thread so I've just altered my thoughts to make it work here.
He's been victorious in each of his last nine finals. (hopefully that will become ten)

4x UEFA Champions League
3x FIFA Club World Cup
1x Copa del Rey
1x League Cup

Bondi77

Big Dave having a blinder if we are going to win...fecking obvious!

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Surprised to not see more people saying the obvious one : Sancho.
Given his history with City, his troubles this season, it would be perfect for him to finish on a high note and get back on track to fulfill his potential.