Who's Your Manager of the Year? NO JOSE HATE PLEASE

Who is your PREMIER LEAGUE Manager of the Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Theonas

Scout
Guardiola and it's not even close. What Dyche and Benitez have done is admirable but Guardiola successfully implementing his brand of football in England to the degree he has is a very special achievement.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Pep for sure. Winning the league in the way City did is really great achievement. Sean Dyche after that.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Depends what you want the question to be - actual PL manager of the year or PL manager of the year encompassing all competitions like people keep mentioning Klopp if he wins the CL (award is decided before the CL final).
I'll let you decide, I don't like this pressure you're putting on me

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Has to be Dyche. Burley have absolutely nothing players that have battled their way to 7th. Might even pip 6th if arsenal continue to be shit.

Has to be thought of relatively. Obviously Pep’s City and Liverpool’s CL effort are great achievements but they’ve spent a fortune and have the players they do. Burnley have over achieved massively thanks to the manager.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
If Carlos Carvalhal keeps Swansea in the league then he's done an amazing job. Wouldn't necessarily give him manager of the year, but he deserves a shoutout if he does that.

I'm going to ignore the obvious one and go for Dyche. Incredible what he's done, and if Burnely does take over Arsenal and finish in 6th then that would be an amazing achievement. So he would get my vote. But we all know who's going to win it.

Carolina Red

Staff
Definitely Dyche in my opinion. What he’s done over the last several years (and especially this year) with Burnley has been impressive.

Champagne Football

They haven’t reached the Champions League final yet. They are up against Roma as slight favorites but it’s far from done.

Before they actually win something I will hold off assessing Klopp. They looked like world beaters under Rodgers for a season too before it all went south.
True. Holding onto players will be a challenge. Difference with Klopp and Rodgers though is young players will swim across the British channel to play for him.

I reckon they dump Roma out without too many headaches.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It will be nice and romantic to give it to Dyche, but what Pep's done this year is extraordinary, even with the financial advantage.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
They haven’t reached the Champions League final yet. They are up against Roma as slight favorites but it’s far from done.

Before they actually win something I will hold off assessing Klopp. They looked like world beaters under Rodgers for a season too before it all went south.
As much as i would love for you to be right, the Rodgers team was being carried by Suarez and to an extent a desperate (for the PL trophy) Gerrard on his last hurrah. They have A LOT more about them under Klopp and more worryingly, are on an upward trajectory.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I could have done what Guardiola has done with what he had.
Mancini and Pellegrini didn't (they won the league but not in such a convincing manner breaking numerous records).

dove

Hardly even a contest. Dyche did a great job but anyone not picking Guardiola is just deluding themselves.

Bocca9978

Couldn’t believe 11% voted for Jose.
Then realised that was one person.

rm4eva

Supports
Real Madrid
Voted Dyche because Burnley are in the top-10 despite having the 2nd lowest wage budget at 33 million pounds (based on the 2016/17 season). City were always going to be title challengers, especially after you factor in their transfer budget.

FujiVice

Rafa's impressed me this year, it must be said. Newcastle are a mess, and nobody would have blamed him for walking out. He's still got a CV capable of getting him a good job.

Also, contrary to popular belief, I hear Rafa is actually quite a nice chap in "real life."

Jagga7

It has nothing to do with the CL. It's the Premier League manager of the year, so obviously Pep is going to win it.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Dyche, no argument. Super manager and unlike so many English managers; not up in his own arse

Born2Lose

Has to be Dyche for me.

Burnley finishing above Arsenal would be ace.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I've voted Jose, just because it'll really piss off the masochist types.

Treble

Many fans make the mistake to think that it is easier to manage top players than a bunch of nobodies and therefore Dyche has done better than Guardiola and other top managers. Truth is that Dyche would likely be completely out of his depth if he had a squad like City's, United's or Chelsea's. You have to be a top top manager to have success with top top players.

Another thing is that even though Guardilola's squad is very expensive, his first XI is not as good as that of the best United, Chelsea or Arsenal teams. How many City players would start for the Invincibles? 3 or 4? Yet City are better than Arsenal 04 in every department except for the number of losses. Points, goals, GD, wins, etc. they are superior.

Giggsyking

I will give it to Klopp. He did change alot in Liverpool style of play, they are a joy to watch, in top 4 and most importantly he can be in UCL final in few weeks. He did all that with 0 £ net spent.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Hard to compare, but my vote is for Benitez, what an amazing job he has done and they are also playing some decent football.

Guardiola as a second although they outperforming completely different expectations.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
There should be separate categories for effectiveness and efficiency. Highest effectiveness: Pep, for bulldozering the PL, scoring most, conceding least, new record winning streak etc. Highest efficiency: Dyche, for getting the most points per monies spent on the squad (? -didn't check if he would really lead in that metric).

Sterling Archer

Dyche and Benitez really deserve great credit .

We also give Rafa a (deservedly) hard time but the man is a very good manager. And the fact that he hasn't shyed away from tough jobs like with Newcastle speaks loads to his character . That he has done so well with them deserves a salute.

Peanut Butter

If Liverpool win the CL (yuck) then Klopp for sure because he will have changed his losing finals habit and with a good but not great side.

Domestically, Dyche. Pep just throws money at the best players, it doesn’t impress me just like it didn’t with Jose at Chelsea.

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
I voted for Benitez for a simple reason - He has managed to get the championship squad in top 10 without any major signings. Dyche too is a good choice.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
At the start of the season, which was more likely? City winning the league with ease and in great style or Burnley challenging for a European spot?

Pep has done a great job but Dyche has had an incredible season.

Rafaeldagold

With the amazing squad Pep has in which he was brought in to compete for the Champions League and failing quite early on I don’t think he should win it.

Benitez has a terrible terrible squad yet has done very well- I think my vote goes to him or
Dyche who’s done amazing with a better squad.

Mourinho above Poch though this season for me.