Why are United fans so oblivious to importance of good managers?

Cloud7

David Moyes - Everyone got sick off and was counting down the days until he was sacked
Van Gaal - Most got sick of and were delighted he was sacked even after the FA Cup
Mourinho - Most everyone was delighted he was sacked
Ole - Go to one of the many Ole threads

Basically, Man Utd fans can tell when a manager is not good enough and get suitably impatient. I am not sure what you want people to do.
All of Moyes, Vangle, Mourinho and Ole have, in one way or another, shown that they weren't up to the task long before the fans became "suitably impatient".

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
It has always irked me that some United fans refuse to believe that managers have levels just like players and you simply can't win with average manager who has no plan and tactical nous. We've seen the likes of Klopp, Pep etc. build teams that play identically dominating brands of football across multiple leagues. It's as if they have some sort of formula, a secret recipe that if given time and adequate resources will definitely result in successful teams that dominate games and win silverware. Why are some United fans and the board completely oblivious to this?
We've seen more than someone who's born in 1992

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
United fans are bred to stick with the manager. That works when the manager is good.

Unfortunately we've currently got a manager that can't get half a tune from a world class squad/guitar.

Tuchel rests the same amount of players and is 1.0 up in 9 mins. Chelsea will win handsomely.

United should have lost today.

It also doesn't help when forums like these are censored so much. Content from anyone with an opposing or critical view is deleted or threads locked.

Free speech and all that....
You are imagining things. :lol:

SAFMUTD

Nope it was the same with Moyes too. It's not just the support for the manager but also pure refusal to believe that training and tactics have any bearing on performance. They believe that our poor performances are down to lack of determination which is ridiculous. For example people blame players for making poor passes but if you look at the off the ball movement then it's clear as a daylight that our players who have the ball have really limited options.
With Moyes it lasted less than one season, it's been 3 with Ole.

But I get your point, blaming the players can only get so far when as a team we look completely disjointed.

People said it was Lindelof being weak, we brought Varane yet we can't keep a clean sheets.

arthurka

Late winners are in our DNA so just play dross and win it late that's the United way according to our current manager. Absolutely shocking performance again but no late drama, sadly late drama won't save Ole he needs to come up with some gameplan on his own.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Ole is a United legend. I believe fans are more partial with him than most other managers that we had. Jose, van gal and even moyes are better coaches than ole

It is a question that I have been pondering, because Ole for some strange reason seems to be highly rated among united fans despite being an average coach.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Stability wins you titles. The United way. Loyalty. Winning mentality. Etc etc

Football quality and especially quality possesion isn't out thing it seems. The team desperately needs modernization not "winners" and "stability".
Needs a new midfield mate, and one which gells together, not a bunch of mismatch lads playing together.. McT needs to be not relied on, we need to sort it out and a DM for starters will help that..

Shark

@NotShark
We still haven't had a top manager that's in or around his prime since SAF stepped down. Two average ones and two already well on their way down.

Fooza

Psychology is fascinating. Everyone inside the stadium knows deep down Ole's not up to it yet nobody will act.
Everyone dreams of Ole winning us trophies being one of our legends. But yes you're right deep down everyone knows that dream ain't a reality. Hope the board stop with the dreams and start being a realist.

Jibbs

It is just sad but mainly because United fans have seen two technical managers failed one after another. And things seemed to improve a bit under Ole, who tries miserably to copy Sir Alex's style. Sir Alex was never a technical genius. He has a naturally gifted charismatic personality. So even when he just said, lads, it's Tottenham. It made mattered, players were ready to go through brick walls for him. Most United fans have grown up watching this and think this could work with Ole too since he is a United legend. But sadly things don't work that way.

wise_old_man

It has always irked me that some United fans refuse to believe that managers have levels just like players and you simply can't win with average manager who has no plan and tactical nous. We've seen the likes of Klopp, Pep etc. build teams that play identically dominating brands of football across multiple leagues. It's as if they have some sort of formula, a secret recipe that if given time and adequate resources will definitely result in successful teams that dominate games and win silverware. Why are some United fans and the board completely oblivious to this?
It's the "United way". :wenger:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Needs a new midfield mate, and one which gells together, not a bunch of mismatch lads playing together.. McT needs to be not relied on, we need to sort it out and a DM for starters will help that..
A better manager is far more important

VivaRonaldo85

Chelsea under Lampard spent £200 million last summer to improve their squad no end of good. It was apparent early in the season that Lampard wasn’t of the managerial capability to get the best out of that group of top players. They reacted like they do, quickly without fuss hiring one of the finest managers in Europe, and low and behold win the champions league in the same season as having sacked their club legend manager. Now I’m not saying it’s that easy and will always work like that but it’s a blue print in modern football that we must accept is reality. We are still in a post Ferguson hang over era 8 years on.

beer&grill

I never really come across any Ole outers in person, but there’s so many on here & social media.

I think I understand the reason why some want him gone, but don’t you lot get tired of constantly moaning about him? It really can’t be good for your mental well being.

He’s our manager, support him or f**k off.
McFred is our midfield, support them or f**k off.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I never really come across any Ole outers in person, but there’s so many on here & social media.

I think I understand the reason why some want him gone, but don’t you lot get tired of constantly moaning about him? It really can’t be good for your mental well being.

He’s our manager, support him or f**k off.
In that case we'd still be supporting moyes!

justboy68

Because we have been sold on the class of 92, the success which comes with longevity and feel hanging on to dregs of those times will see us reach those highs again.

It won't, Ole needs to go. He is absolutely clueless. I've just seen his post match interview and it's insulting the level is which he talks and analyses the game. It's playground stuff, he sounds like a punter calling into Talksport.

We need a manager who is at the top of his game now, not ones who are past their best (Jose, LVG) or learning on the job.

We wouldn't sign a Molde striker and expect him to excel upfront. So why would a Molde level manager succeed!?

We are a joke!

Sorry couldn't resist, but I agree with you 100%. The bit about sounding like a talksport caller had me laughing too because it's damn true.

JPRouve

Scout
Why was the sack poll closed?
There is more threads about Ole than we have players. It's messy and redundant, if you want a poll or vent about Ole use one of the already existing threads.

Dr. StrangeHate

United fans are bred to stick with the manager. That works when the manager is good.

Unfortunately we've currently got a manager that can't get half a tune from a world class squad/guitar.

Tuchel rests the same amount of players and is 1.0 up in 9 mins. Chelsea will win handsomely.

United should have lost today.

It also doesn't help when forums like these are censored so much. Content from anyone with an opposing or critical view is deleted or threads locked.

There are literally ten threads in the football forum calling for Ole's head.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Ironically Utd fans both under-appreciate the importance of the manager while simultaneously holding on to the notion that managers deserve endless patience… it’s very odd.

There’s a notion within the fan-base that changing managers quickly when they’ve proven to be a failure somehow makes the club ‘plastic’ or ‘lesser than’, when in reality, Utd have REPEATEDLY missed out on the right manager because the club has been ‘loyal’ to the wrong ones.

The club needs to adopt an absolutely RUTHLESS approach toward managers.

Mourinho should’ve obviously been replaced in the Summer before his last season.

Ole should be replaced now - like, in this International Break he should be replaced. But the club will do what they always do - feck all.

And the fanbase will carry on the simpering hopefulness.

JPRouve

Scout
Why does it matter what the fans feel? The board keeping Ole doesn't depend on my opinion on Ole
Pretty much. And if the board was supposed to follow fans opinions who are they following, the ones that want to give Ole an other 5 years or the ones that want him out since 2019?

Revan

Assumptionman
We are United, we are better than the others. We spend more than the other teams but are delighted to finish fourth, as long as we have as manager the shittiest manager we have had in my lifetime (yes, he is worse than Moyes).

Fans have a serious problem with their fetish about the manager and wanting long-time solutions, instead of ‘ordinary’ clubs who go for short term solutions and win trophies while playing good football, while we are still stuck in some purgatory cause of some unexplainable stupid romanticism.

RedPhil1957

I remember the Charlton fans acting like you lot, on here, with Alan Curbishley not being good enough, taken them as far as he could etc etc after finishing 7th ( poor end to season.) They got their way and 15 years and 18 managers later near bottom of Div 1.
After 3 managers since Fergie we are at last showing signs of a long term plan with lots of talent across all age groups and a happy club behind the scenes and you want to start again ........... Idiots!!!

MrSingh2002

I remember the Charlton fans acting like you lot, on here, with Alan Curbishley not being good enough, taken them as far as he could etc etc after finishing 7th ( poor end to season.) They got their way and 15 years and 18 managers later near bottom of Div 1.
After 3 managers since Fergie we are at last showing signs of a long term plan with lots of talent across all age groups and a happy club behind the scenes and you want to start again ........... Idiots!!!
Just compared Charlton to Man United.

You lose. Ambitions should be different.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Nah.

There's no other clubs fan site that would allow the posts Redcafe allow. It's amazingly chilled about negativity.. just look at the threads open/"popular" right now

JPRouve

Scout
Try opening a thread that suggests we should sack the manager or asks the question whether we should. Then comment.
Why do you want to create a thread about Ole when we have plenty of threads about him including one dedicated to his performance? Is your opinion that special that you need your own thread and can't just share it in the one designed for it?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
"why aren't we more like Chelsea?" the thread

Even if you don't support Ole, having a managerial merry go round isn't the way forward. Chelsea just make it look so.

JP77

Why was the sack Ole thread closed when it had hundreds of pages in the thread and a vote that had gone to 55% of voters wanting Ole out?
I'm not a mod, I couldn't tell you. One thread doesn't change what I said, nobody is silenced on here unless you're abusive or breaking rules. Again, there's more hate and negativity in the United forum than praise. It's why a lot of fans avoid even coming into this area of the forum.

Someone

Something
We seem to think that because Fergie needed time, that it had to be the case with everyone. The difference is that Fergie did an incredible job with Aberdeen, and got them winning the European cup. Also when fergie joined we were in the relegation zone or close to it. He did a massive rebuild. but everyone knew he had what it takes. You could say the same with Klopp and Liverpool. Ole had very little experience on the top level and no achievements whatsoever, he'd never be considered for a job at any top european club. We're now being sentimental like liverpool in the 90s, and he's being outsmarted by other managers left and right.

MrSingh2002

Why do you want to create a thread about Ole when we have plenty of threads about him including one dedicated to his performance? Is your opinion that special that you need your own thread and can't just share it in the one designed for it?
I think it would be very insightful to see the forum wide results of a poll on whether they think we should back or sack Ole. A thread alone doesn't allow for that.