Why do Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arse get no pressure from the media?

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Every club thinks the media has it in for them, or that they get extra unwarranted attention. With the amount of money being spent, the manager running his mouth and your city rivals running away with the title the new stories pretty much write themselves. Don’t know what else you can expect tbh.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I used to think the same when I was around 14.

Every club things the media/refs are out to get them. The bigger the club you are, the more the media will be out to get you because it is relevant to more viewers.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Personally, I think Spurs get less pressure because they had a brilliant season last year and this year, due to various factors including not playing at White Hart Lane, they have regressed a bit. In terms of ambitions for the season, they are well on track. Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal all got decent amount of negative press when it was bad for them, probably you didn't register it because they are rivals and you actually felt that the articles were correct and not negative pieces about said clubs. We get more press (good and bad) because of additional clicks and also our manager likes to court controversy. This has ever been thus, since Fergie days (I started following the club during Fergie years and older fans can correct/educate me if I'm wrong)

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
My thoughts:
Agree that Spurs get less criticism due to last season's quality, net even spend and now Wembley factor, injuries and Harry Kane scoring regularly (England's best striker).

Arsenal, last season media played on the Wenger-out yet generally respect him for playing true to his philosophy.

Liverpool, surprises me given their history and Klopp's reputation, perhaps like others have stated now seen as a lesser club.

Chelsea, after every defeat rumours abound of Conte's departure.

City, Pep is the media's darling just now due to their record setting in such a flamboyant style and re the massive spend could be money put with the press to downplay the figures.

Utd, recent massive success (Fergie yrs) recruit two big managers LVG and JM and still not seen to be achieving the big targets even with big spending. JM brings his own media circus which he uses to psychologically attack his rivals with the flip side being he is likely to blow a fuse eventually giving them an even bigger story - Eva-gate, Wenger voyeurism etc, etc.

PS. As a Chelsea fan it was nice to get rid of JM's media circus.

Last edited: