Why everyone hates United...

lsd

The Oracle
Utd are mostly hated because of the fanbase simple as that . We do have the most entitled fanbase theres no denying it .

You only have to look at the meltdowns on here as proof of it whether its wanting Ole out despite him clearly planning long term to hating every player who doesnt do something magical every game no matter how much effort said player puts in .

I can accept where we are now as i have seen us win much more than i ever thought i would and i believe we will get back to the top so long as we stop panicking and look to change the manager and board every week

However i suspect i am very much in the minority there as most Utd fans just cannot accept that

The fact that so many Utd fans are so entitled they cannot even accept that they are hated backs up this they instead want to argue other fans are worse when people keep pointing out how much they hate them

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
These recent last 6 years made me realize that our fans isnt much different from anyone else.

It's easy to be classy when we're sweeping everything under the sun, not so much when you're having a rough patch

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah, I think United and City fans are allowed to give banter to one another. We're neighbours, it's part of our heritage and something we all enjoy. City fans have every right to sing the park the bus song now, just as we used to sing 'this is how it feels' when we were on top.

Just don't get why teams like Sunderland and West Ham hate us though. What have we ever done to them?
Honestly its jealousy, dart fans hated Phil Taylor, snooker fans Steve Davis, spanish footie fans hate either Real or Barca. Rugby League fans used to hate Wigan etc..

Being hated is a sign of being successful. Take it from me, City were kind of everyone bar United supporters 2nd fave team 12 years ago, I'd always get comments like that. I've been on both sides of the fence the last while. Looking up jealously at United when we we got beat 8-1 by Middlesboro and than a year later supporting one of the most hated clubs in the world.

RedFish

No one today hates united. If your rivals hate you that means you are a formidable threat to them. These days everyone pity on us...we are bunch of losers for them now. They mock us but they don't hate anymore.

It would be a day of celebration for me when world start hating united again. One day.....one day.
This 1000x's over.

JohnnyKills

Honestly its jealousy, dart fans hated Phil Taylor, snooker fans Steve Davis, spanish footie fans hate either Real or Barca. Rugby League fans used to hate Wigan etc..

Being hated is a sign of being successful. Take it from me, City were kind of everyone bar United supporters 2nd fave team 12 years ago, I'd always get comments like that. I've been on both sides of the fence the last while. Looking up jealously at United when we we got beat 8-1 by Middlesboro and than a year later supporting one of the most hated clubs in the world.
Do people hate City though? I don't see that at all. Media coverage is overwhelmingly positive and you never get people calling into phone-ins saying they hate City.

JohnnyKills

Utd are mostly hated because of the fanbase simple as that . We do have the most entitled fanbase theres no denying it .

You only have to look at the meltdowns on here as proof of it whether its wanting Ole out despite him clearly planning long term to hating every player who doesnt do something magical every game no matter how much effort said player puts in .

I can accept where we are now as i have seen us win much more than i ever thought i would and i believe we will get back to the top so long as we stop panicking and look to change the manager and board every week

However i suspect i am very much in the minority there as most Utd fans just cannot accept that

The fact that so many Utd fans are so entitled they cannot even accept that they are hated backs up this they instead want to argue other fans are worse when people keep pointing out how much they hate them
You've just come into this thread to boast about what a great fan you are.

Aren't there loads of other threads for that?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Do people hate City though? I don't see that at all. Media coverage is overwhelmingly positive and you never get people calling into phone-ins saying they hate City.
Trust me we do, we don't get the same amount of coverage as United because we're a smaller club. Just check the City threads at any club forum. We're just not popular enough to be worth the clicks with regards the media. An article about City probably gets 1/20th of the clicks an article about United gets (if even that), both positive and negative. We're just a much smaller fish so if they have a choice between a United article or City one, they'll absolutely go with the United one as you guys are a cash cow.

Take Irish tv for example, offer rte/tv3 United vs Olympiakos or City vs Barca and they'll show the United game every time but that's a different discussion just another example of small club vs big club.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Not much hate for City. In fact, no one seems to care when they win stuff either.

Caliban

Everyone has a relationship with Manchester United, good or bad, seldom neutral. If you speak to someone not knowing of football, the person would know the name Manchester united.

I think many hate / i`d rather use dislike .. United because it`s a large brand of a football club. A football giant. Man Utd are the forever noisy attention seeker in the classroom, blame the journalists. The big elephant blocking the view of mostly everyone else and cast a large shadow, but right now to illustrate it: Where Manchester United have let themselves go to be more fat, there are now someone new in class, someone prettier or more handsome, someone with sixpack abs.

There are many that pitty United (i don`t, i pitty the likes of Bury. That`s sad, United don`t have their backs broken, it`s only a sleeping giant trying to stumble itself back on it`s feet - it`s only about a question of time (okay, it might take 5 years, but at least it`s not a question of it`s entire existence - it`s temporary)

There are of course also many enjoying rubbing their hands to the `Greek tragedy drama` at this moment .. that`s only human nature

When you grow up, you grow up to love or to hate/dislike United. The team you want to succeed or to beat, and no one likes to be dominated, especially by it`s riches the kingdom produces. United are Goliat of the bible, and many would vote for the underdog David (Blackburn and Leicester anyone).

Man Utd are not Goliat at the moment, thus are not the most disliked team at the moment either (why spend power on hating someone not longer dominating, that`s a waste of energy smarter spent elsewhere). Man Utd are not feared anymore, but are planning to be - and the dislike will evolve with it (just as it should be)

For United`s reputation, they are now also showing a more human side which also will gain a new fan base. So i would rather turn the question around - why are Manchester United now being more likable as a club for the neutral in particular

lsd

The Oracle
You've just come into this thread to boast about what a great fan you are.

Aren't there loads of other threads for that?

Im sure plenty will say I'm a rubbish fan because I don't have a meltdown every time we don't win.

I consider a realistic fan who knows there are more important things than utd

AlwaysRed66

I don't think we are hated anymore. Just laughed at & pitied, which is far worse, & shows how far we have fallen.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Because we were successful. That's it. I don't think there's any other deep issue at play here, people just don't like long term success in sport form one team. We were completely dominant throughout the 90s and early 2000s. That type of dynasty rubs people up the wrong way (which is understandable, i guess). But it all comes down to jealousy and envy.

There's also nothing special about United fans when it comes to how they revel in their success. Christ, Liverpool fans are absolutely intolerable and they haven't even won a fecking Premier League title ffs.

Oxeki

Supports
Arsenal
I don't hate united. Really what I feel them is empathy.

Utd fans thinking arsenal fans are the most unbearable fan. No fan base actually has the moral high ground to criticize other club fans or call them arrogant.

God knows I haven't had much to be arrogant about for the past decade.

Hate is a strong word. If I was to chose a club hate or dislike. It will probably be Liverpool

Last edited:

matt10000

People don’t hate city so much because they don’t really acknowledge their success as anything remotely hard earned or meaningful. It’s easy to win anything on cheat mode and it doesn’t count.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Cocky winners: Cantona, Beckham, C.Ronaldo.

Managed by a scotch.

The same hate Barça and Madrid get for their money, influence and favours in Spain. In England the PL is often seen as the "league of the corporate smug rich" (hate peaked in the '00s with Utd and Chelsea, backed by US and Russian money).

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

I don't hate united. Really what I feel them is empathy.

Utd fans thinking arsenal fans are the most unbearable fan. No fan base actually has the moral high ground to criticize other club fans or call them arrogant.

God knows I haven't had much to be around about for the past decade.

Hate is a strong word. If I was to chose a club hate or dislike. It will probably be Liverpool
Empathy?

We’re going through a horrible 6/7 years & have won as many ‘major’ European trophies as your club have in their history.

This is where my ‘moral high ground’ kicks in with Arsenal fans, the delusion. You weren’t competition for United for about the last decade of the SAF reign & since he left we’ve been horrendous & you’re still rather far off the pace yourselves.

I honestly don’t get how any Arsenal fan dare enter into a debate with a United fan, the 2 clubs are nowhere near the same. Recent or historically.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
When I grew up it was Everton who was hated. united were no marks back then but still a big club. So in the 70-80 s united had no effect on any Liverpool supporters really. When he came you were still bad then when the whole PL came to life and united had success their supporters started sprouting off about the perch ect...That’s when it turned.